+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CAIRO VISA OFFICE

LaurieLee

Jun 12, 2018
Hi Tasirmans!!
I didn't fill IMM5562, it would had be a nightmare. I just wrote "Not applicable". I'm pretty sure you don't need to fill your travel history since you're the sponsor. :) But for IMM506, I added my name, it's only one line to fill so it doesn't hurt... Good luck!
Did you get any feedback on whether you were supposed to fill in a travel history for yourself? In the last 10 years, I've travelled to roughly 40 countries going back and forth to Egypt. I also didn't think I should include my travel history since I'm Canadian, they could get that info themselves right? This was my rationalizing.

desertFlower

Apr 13, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-04-2016
AOR Received.
25-05-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
09-08-2016
Passport Req..
09-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-08-2016
LANDED..........
21-08-2016
Did you get any feedback on whether you were supposed to fill in a travel history for yourself? In the last 10 years, I've travelled to roughly 40 countries going back and forth to Egypt. I also didn't think I should include my travel history since I'm Canadian, they could get that info themselves right? This was my rationalizing.
The sponsor doesn't have to fill this the travel history. As you said, they can get that info themselves. :)
I never had any feedback about that, but my husband got his PR in 2016.

LaurieLee

Jun 12, 2018
I'm still waiting to hear back from someone about submitting "full copy of passport" for Egyptians. Does every single page (all 25) need to be certified? A lawyer here in Cairo is insisting on it and is asking for 3000LE (for 25 x 2 passports). I felt like he was trying to do a money grab. Does this sound right?

Last edited:

hrubmo

Aug 19, 2017
I'm still waiting to hear back from someone about submitting "full copy of passport" for Egyptians. Does every single page (all 25) need to be certified? A lawyer here in Cairo is insisting on it and is asking for 3000LE (for 25 x 2 passports). I felt like he was trying to do a money grab. Does this sound right?
We did submit all pages but we did not get our passport pages certified.

Last edited:

nona_love_111

Aug 17, 2017
Hey everyone, we recieved ppr and we were asked to submit our passports to Visa Section in the Canadian Embassy in Cairo by courier, so we sent them by DHL, does anyone know how are we going to recieve our passports back? are they going to send us an email or are they going to just send it back by the same courier using the same address on the waybill? or are we supposed to call them at some point to check for the status of our passport? we cannot find any tracking option after delivery of passports by courier

The second question is how long does it take for them to stamp the passport and send it back? please share your experiences

desertFlower

Apr 13, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-04-2016
AOR Received.
25-05-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
09-08-2016
Passport Req..
09-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-08-2016
LANDED..........
21-08-2016
Hey everyone, we recieved ppr and we were asked to submit our passports to Visa Section in the Canadian Embassy in Cairo by courier, so we sent them by DHL, does anyone know how are we going to recieve our passports back? are they going to send us an email or are they going to just send it back by the same courier using the same address on the waybill? or are we supposed to call them at some point to check for the status of our passport? we cannot find any tracking option after delivery of passports by courier

The second question is how long does it take for them to stamp the passport and send it back? please share your experiences
Hi there!!
Congrats for the visa!!
Don't worry for the passport, they will send it back with DHL.
For the delay, I would say minimum 1 week, and maximum... o_O

Tasirmans

Star Member
Apr 7, 2018

First of All- congratulations! I don’t think you have a long wait ahead of you! Would you mind sharing your timeline with the rest of us? Thank you and best of luck in Canada!

nona_love_111

Aug 17, 2017
First of All- congratulations! I don’t think you have a long wait ahead of you! Would you mind sharing your timeline with the rest of us? Thank you and best of luck in Canada!

Thank you all, but we are still very confused. We heard that after concluding our application we will get an email, then we will have to contact DHL to arrange pickup from the embassy? is that the correct procedure? or are they going to ship the passports to us on their own then the courier collects the shipping fees on delivery?

also, I would really appreciate if any senior applicant shares their experience with us? what did they do and how long did it take?

desertFlower

Apr 13, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-04-2016
AOR Received.
25-05-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
09-08-2016
Passport Req..
09-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-08-2016
LANDED..........
21-08-2016
Thank you all, but we are still very confused. We heard that after concluding our application we will get an email, then we will have to contact DHL to arrange pickup from the embassy? is that the correct procedure? or are they going to ship the passports to us on their own then the courier collects the shipping fees on delivery?

also, I would really appreciate if any senior applicant shares their experience with us? what did they do and how long did it take?
Hi nona_love,
The Embassy will ship your passport back with DHL and you will have to pay the fees when you will collect it.
Here it took 7 days to get the passport back, but it was in 2016. I think recently it took more time to get it back...

ramy22200

Star Member
Jul 5, 2016
I have a questions my parent have a super visa and will end at this year Does renewal affect at the sponsorship applicant or not and what is mean dead line of the file and Is it possible to change?

Kghanem

Jul 12, 2018
Hi Every one,
-I applied on 25 March 17
-my wife was accepted Aug 17
-security check and sent my passport with two pics 6 Nov 17 (more that 8 months ago)
-status, interview is not required, will send u if this changed & we don't need any further documents, will send you if this changed.
Nothing up until now, any one have or have had a similar case.
Thanks to all in advance

wasif30

Jul 22, 2018
To Clarify more about translation and certified copy questions

scenario 1: if the Original document is in English
that doesn't require a translation (of course) and doesn't require a true copy, simply the officers will understand it
example (new Egyptian Passports). you only need to photocopy it and include it in the application

Scenario 2: if the Original document is not in English
for each original you need to provide 2 things:
a) the translation
this is the translation of the original document, it states all the information of the original document but in English and stamped as (certified translation)
b) a true (certified) copy
this is a copy of the Arabic document but stamped by the translation office. the stamp just certifies that this (Arabic) copy is a true copy of the (Arabic) original

in Egypt, you may be able to issue some document (IN ENGLISH), so, for example, the birth certificate can be issued in English. in that case, you will follow scenario 1

note that Marriage certificate MUST be non-computerized, means you cannot use the automated marriage certificate and you have to use the one you sign it (with both pictures on)

hopefully, that helps everyone

Thanks

Hello,
i am planning to sponser my spouse for Canada Immigration and in a process to gather all documents.
Our marriage is done in Bahrain and our Nikah Nama is in arabic so i need to do the English translation.
Wondering is this possible to do English translation from other country as i am in Pakistan or is it should have to be done from same country where Nikah is done?
Appreciate for your time.

Thank You