Star Member
Dec 28, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey all,

I got an update today on the PR side on the CIC website. They started processing the PR application on February 21 in Cairo. Does the Cairo VO take at least 6 month from when they start to process? Or from when they receive the app? I feel like by next month they could request a interview or passport. Any advice or ideas are appreciated.

Thanks

mnasser

Dec 9, 2015
Hi...

I appreciate if you give me some info about the timeline of Cairo Visa Office... I have submitted to CIO on December 18th & was received there on Dec 22nd 2016... What & when should I expect the next step... Thanks a lot..

Sarba

Oct 7, 2015
Hello everyone,

I have a question for those of you who have had your PPR and have received your passport with your visa......Was your passport delivered to your home or did you pick it up from DHL? My husband received a text from DHL at 1am saying that they tried to deliver his package but he was not home. He called them and insisted on speaking with the delivery man and it turns out he didn't even try to find his house, went back to DHL and told them he couldn't find it and so DHL sent his passport back to the embassy, so now we're back at square one. This all seems odd to me because I thought he would be notified by DHL when it was ready for pick up and he would go pick it up himself. Anyone have a similar experience?

Thanks

Egybe

Dec 11, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04 Aug 2015
File Transfer...
11 November in process
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
26 May 2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03-April 2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-April 2016
LANDED..........
23-May 2016 Inshaalla
May.Egy said:
Hey all,

I got an update today on the PR side on the CIC website. They started processing the PR application on February 21 in Cairo. Does the Cairo VO take at least 6 month from when they start to process? Or from when they receive the app? I feel like by next month they could request a interview or passport. Any advice or ideas are appreciated.

Thanks
From my experience it might takes about four months after Cairo VO start proscessing your file

Egybe

Dec 11, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04 Aug 2015
File Transfer...
11 November in process
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
26 May 2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03-April 2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-April 2016
LANDED..........
23-May 2016 Inshaalla
Did you got your passport back Spirit 888

Opalcat88

Mar 1, 2016
Hi all, I just discovered this thread as my husband (in Egypt) sent off his passport for the Visa on Sunday!

Here is our timeline:

Category.............: FAM
Visa Office...........: Cairo
App. Filed............: 30-June-2015
AOR Received......: 24-July-2015
File Transfer........: 28-Sept-2015 (when we were notified the PR application would be sent from Canada to Cairo)
Interview............: Waived I guess?
Passport Req.......: 21-Feb-2016
Passport sent in...: Received 28-Feb-2016
Passport Returned: --Still waiting--
Landing...............: ----

Has anyone gotten their passport back? How long did it take? I'm currently in Cairo but going back at the end of March it would fantastic if he could come on the plane with me!! His Visa is only good until 03-May-2016 which is not a lot of time!

Modified to add: I used an Immigration Consultant in Canada to do all the paperwork. It was a great experience!

Thanks!

Opalcat88

Mar 1, 2016
ayaram said:
How long does it takes to issue visa after passport is delivered?

We are waiting for my husband's passport to be ready! Looks like anywhere from 1 week to more than 3 weeks??

ayaram

Feb 2, 2015
Opalcat88 said:
Hi all, I just discovered this thread as my husband (in Egypt) sent off his passport for the Visa on Sunday!

Here is our timeline:

Category.............: FAM
Visa Office...........: Cairo
App. Filed............: 30-June-2015
AOR Received......: 24-July-2015
File Transfer........: 28-Sept-2015 (when we were notified the PR application would be sent from Canada to Cairo)
Interview............: Waived I guess?
Passport Req.......: 21-Feb-2016
Passport sent in...: Received 28-Feb-2016
Passport Returned: --Still waiting--
Landing...............: ----

Has anyone gotten their passport back? How long did it take? I'm currently in Cairo but going back at the end of March it would fantastic if he could come on the plane with me!! His Visa is only good until 03-May-2016 which is not a lot of time!

Modified to add: I used an Immigration Consultant in Canada to do all the paperwork. It was a great experience!

Thanks!
Hi,

Our situation is quite similar to yours. We received our ppr on February 21 as well and they received it on the 23rd. We have yet to hear back from them. We don't have much time either as my husband has to arrive in Canada by May 15th. We are at the final stage but it's still quite stressful. Please keep us updated and let us know when you get your passport back !:)

Sarba

Oct 7, 2015
Hello,

My husband sent his passport on Jan 20th and just got it back Feb 20th! I know others who got it back the same week they sent it. It was definitely the most stressful part.

ayaram

Feb 2, 2015
Sarba said:
Hello,

My husband sent his passport on Jan 20th and just got it back Feb 20th! I know others who got it back the same week they sent it. It was definitely the most stressful part.
Oh wow! That's a very long time. Did you send the passport from inside Egypt?

ayaram

Feb 2, 2015
Btw, can someone tell me how things work after visa is issued? Do u get an email from the embassy and then contact Dhl to pick it up? What exactly takes place? Thanks in advance.

mnasser

Dec 9, 2015
Dear All,

Can someone give me an idea on the process time frame?? My package was received in CIO Dec 22nd 2016 & I expect the UCI within this week. What will happen & how long will it take after they transfer the file to Cairo Visa Office?? Estimated time frame with steps if possible..!

Rgds, Nebbs

Opalcat88

Mar 1, 2016
Hi Ayaram, still no email! Our immigration consultant advised us to contact the embassy if we don't hear after a week. And yes that sounds like what happens, you get an email and then you get DHL to go pickup

Mnasser you get an email saying the file has been transferred to Cairo (I'm not sure if that has happened for you or not) and then we didn't hear anything until they requested the fee to be paid. Fee is paid online and you email the receipt in. Once the fee is paid they request the passport in an email and some other things (they tell you in the email). For us my husbands package got to Cairo in September and we are right now waiting to get my husbands passport back with the visa. So 5 months for us, 7 months since we handed everything in.

Hope that's helpful!

ayaram

Feb 2, 2015
Hi everyone,

Just wanted to update you guys in case anyone is in the same boat. Our passport arrived at the Embassy on Feb 23 and we just got it back today. We did not get an email saying it was ready for pick up; instead my husband got a call from dhl saying that they were infront of his home. Thankfully, someone was home at the time but just giving you guys a heads up because we didn't have prior knowledge that there was going to be a delivery.