+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CAIRO VISA OFFICE

fox82

Jan 14, 2011
madatito2000 said:
some one get a call from embassy telling him that his visa is already prepared and ready to get it but his medical will expire soon in jan 25. 2012 and he must first come to embassy and give his passport there then they send it back to him with landing papers and his visa but it will deliver to him with courier and this might take alot of time and he must be first in canada before jan 25 that if he will send them his passport or the other choice that he can go and and make another medical mean re medical and wait untill they will finish his new medical so what is the good choice for him
and he already made anew medical in last december bcz he felt that his medical will be expired soon in jan 25
so is this right i mean they will depend in this one or they will make him doing anew one with thier forms
and how much time shall he wait untill medical will be done and send to embassy and how long it will take all of it till he get his passport and
after that are they will ask him for any anew papers or they will make an interview with him and in his E-case they saying its in progress
i think this case depends on his situation and on what he wants but in my opinion i think it will be very short time to travel,,as today is 13th if he put his passport off sunday 15th then it might take at least one week to come back ,, soif he is lucky he will have 2 or 3 days only to leave ,,i think it is short

as he redid 2nd medical already on december i guess he can e mail the embassy and tell them that and i guess they will accept this 2nd medical even without he take thier form to re-do it ,,BUT LET HIM E MAIL THE EMBASSY AND MAKE SURE THEY ACCEPT HI MEDICAL

i dnt think he will need interview he will just need to wait 2nd medical to be received and the officer told me it takes 2-3 months to get the visa ready

Louis19

Jan 13, 2010
So guys, i have a question:
any idea what happen during the landing interview? my wive is going to land soon in Montreal but she doesn't speak
English or french very well. can we arrange for an interpreter to be present? or can i join the interview myself>?

thanks

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Louis19 said:
So guys, i have a question:
any idea what happen during the landing interview? my wive is going to land soon in Montreal but she doesn't speak
English or french very well. can we arrange for an interpreter to be present? or can i join the interview myself>?

thanks
Does she have a landing interview?

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dr Eng X said:
I have not heard about this step, take the marriage to Canadian Embassy to legalize it!

I will update these points as we go....

Supporting documents:
1) Identity and civil status documents. An English birth certificate issued from Health ministry (wazaret elsaha).
Kashf El Ahl (qeid eila) issued after changing status to married or you take Quesimah with you (fox says you do not have to do it after changing status in i.d. however I read here by fox:
canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t69666.0.html;msg742367#msg742367
)
. I understand it is issued from Sigil El medini then translated.

2) Travel documents and passports (Egyptian passport)

3) Proof of relationship to sponsor I do not know why this is necessary in case you are married!

4) Originals of police certificates and clearances . (Feish we tashbeh then translated.)

5) Proof of medical examination for the sponsored person and each of his or her dependants. The sponsored needs to fill appendix C in 3912e. Make an appointment with MDP, take Quasima and a copy of canadian passport (as fox says take photos)

Here is how I think we can optimize the process (specially if you do not live in Cairo or do not wish to go back and forth between same places):

1) Change the marital status in your ID from single to married and take it with marriage certificates to get something called al kaid al 3a'ely or kashf el ahl (family transcript) from al segel al madany then translate it .Your family means the sponsored, the sponsor and your children not your parents ok. If they do not mind giving you kaid al 3a'ely with Quasima then go ahead to gain time while getting your id changed

2) Take your arabic birth certificate to the minister of the health, they will give you an English birth certificate

3,4,5) For the "Kaed A'ely", Marriage Certificate and Police Certificate get them all translated from the Ministry of
Justice Let the police certifiate be your last paper as it expires

(in case you need other dosuments translated you can translate it at office called (Happy International Business center
a Khairt street
medan lazoughly
795 9902
795 9947
(please update numbers) they are approved by cic, ...)
6) Authenticate all from the ministry of foreign affairs.
Remember anything in arabic has to be taken for authentication before translation because you get translation of the stamps as well...
I looked again at the documents require to be submitted to CPC:
On IMM5491
Identity and civil status documents
As per document list provided with The Immigrant's Guide refering to
3912e
IDENTITY AND CIVIL STATUS DOCUMENTS
Provide birth certificates (long form birth certificate for children, listing the names of both parents),
baptismal certificates or other official document confirming relationship (including all pages of
Household Registries) for you and each of your family members. See DNA Blood Test option
below.
• If you are married, you must include a marriage certificate (or Certificate of Registration of
Customary Marriage, if customary marriage is recognized in your country).
• If you are now divorced, you must include final divorce certificates; if separated, a separation
certificate. If your marriage was annuled, a copy of the annulment.
• If your former spouse or common-law partner or any child is deceased, you must include his or
her death certificate.
• Photocopy of citizenship certificate, permanent re sident card or immigrant or pernanent resident
visa for any family members who are Canadian citizens or permanent residents of Canada.
• If you are in a common-law or conjugal relationship, provide proof of that relationship.
• You must provide a Family Composition Certificate (“Kashf El Ahl”) issued by the Civil Register
(“Sigil El Madani”) or a copy of your family booklet where applicable.

As you can see you do not have to change id then translate it. The passport is an international means for any identification.
Regaring family transcript; it is there to show the family of the sponsored and it should include your spouse (sponsor)

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fox82 said:
hello Dr Eng x

this step to make your marriage approved in Canada...

as the canadian embassy stamp your english marriage version ,,,this means ur marriage is recognized by the Canadian authorities
I have checked with CIC canada here...Here is the exact answer the document has to be translated to Engllish and notarize, so if the person conducting the translation has the notary power then there is no need.

Since many of you said that there is no need to notarize documents by the embassy. I conclude that officers in Egypt ministry of justice and affairs have this power.
here is what notarizing means;
canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/cairo-visa-office-t69666.0.html;msg1118052#msg1118052
you do not need it (read it here)

canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/sponsoring-a-spouse-from-egypt-t8129.615.html

canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/baby-t48548.0.html;msg363909#msg363909

Here is why you do not need your Egyptian I.D.
canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/sponsoring-a-spouse-from-egypt-t8129.0.html;msg195513#msg195513

louisa

Jul 3, 2011
Nova Scotia
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb.28/2011 approved for sponsorship
File Transfer...
Mar.11/2011 in cairo/started processing ott-pilot Sept.15/11
Med's Request
Oct.24/2011
Med's Done....
Oct.30/2011/ results received Dec.10/11
Interview........
WAIVED!!
Passport Req..
January,2/2012
VISA ISSUED...
February,9/2012
LANDED..........
February,14,2012
about the Id no where did they ask for this on the application we filled out last january 2010 but my husband had it changed to married because he said it was a step needed for the kashela ?? lol not sure if its spelled right. the family paper that has me and him on it i never confirmed with him if that was right when he actually got there and we did photo copy this Id card and he translated it in english himself and we included it but according to canadian law it's against the privacy act to ask for this and social insurance number so I think this is why they don't ask but that being said they are immigration canada and they can do what they want.

I had a little section marked "was not asked for but included anyway" and in this was his military certificates registered and translated his college certificates and school papers also translated in english and registered and a kashela?? family paper with his parents himself and brothers and sisters on it translated in english his ID card and all his good conduct Papers from his work including present employer. CIC told me when i called anything you write on your application if you have proof accompanying the file it saves from them asking at a later date.

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
louisa said:
kashela?? family paper with his parents himself and brothers and sisters on it translated in english his ID card and all his good conduct Papers from his work including present employer. CIC told me when i called anything you write on your application if you have proof accompanying the file it saves from them asking at a later date.
You mean family composition written in 3912e as Kashf Ahl or in Egypt Kayed 3aelly. Adding additional papers if you have the time and luxuary then fine ... As far as I know it takes time to get your I.D. changed + plus translation fees, ...

We need to be more specific on what is required, needed and sufficient. The passport is the international form of i.d.

For those who do not live in Cairo or wish to save time and effort, I tried to gather documents by place.

I have included as many links ... This post is subject to discussion, change and of course it is not official or final. Your input is appreciated:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/sponsoring-a-spouse-from-egypt-t8129.645.html

fox82

Jan 14, 2011
Dr Eng X

the purpose to change ID from single to married is: to get family composition of your wife and you

in Egypt ,they will ask ID to be changed in order to get this Family composition of you and her

to change ID from single to married it will take 2 weeks at least or if you pay more fees (75 pound ) you get it in 3-4 days

i think you better let your wife get family composition for her and her parents, brothers and sisters dont care about family composition of you and her then she does not need to change her ID from single to married ...

she will need marriage contract of her parents +ID for each one of her brother and sister OR BIRTH CERTIFICATE FOR FAMILY BROTHER OR SISTER WHO IS UNDER 16

i went through all these steps and you know routine in egypt sucks

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks fox, as you know in Egypt everything is possible. I believe if you can get family compsition by just the marriage certificate then that is it. The problem is these are regional documents and when I asked in CIC they refered me to the Canadian Embassy. (Now to my rant; the Canadian embassy in Egypt is another piece of .... and has nothing to do with Canada! Sooo messy, stupid it is run by Egyptians...any way what I mean there is no help or sufficient help...if they explain...)
I believe as you have said before the family compsition is for the sponsored to show his family (that is the sponsor). As someone explained because in Egypt there is no common law or conjugal partner.
I do not think it would be sufficient to have just for the family and does not show the sponsor in it.

fox82 said:
Dr Eng X

the purpose to change ID from single to married is: to get family composition of your wife and you

in Egypt ,they will ask ID to be changed in order to get this Family composition of you and her

to change ID from single to married it will take 2 weeks at least or if you pay more fees (75 pound ) you get it in 3-4 days

i think you better let your wife get family composition for her and her parents, brothers and sisters dont care about family composition of you and her then she does not need to change her ID from single to married ...

she will need marriage contract of her parents +ID for each one of her brother and sister OR BIRTH CERTIFICATE FOR FAMILY BROTHER OR SISTER WHO IS UNDER 16

i went through all these steps and you know routine in egypt sucks

lilyy00

Star Member
Sep 11, 2011
my husband received his passport however they didn't send back our photos & the evidence we sent ,, shall i email them ?

madatito2000

Jul 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo visa office
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
congratulations oh my god they didnt send the stuff back ithought they will send it with the passport and landing papers oh that is so much mean bcz they must send back all the stuff and letters pics all evidence that you sent them before they just only keep the forms and some documents that asked you for like police check and marriage certificate ithink you better call them
how long it take until send your husband passport back since he sent to them or gave it them

louisa

Jul 3, 2011
Nova Scotia
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Oct.24/2011
Med's Done....
Interview........
WAIVED!!
Passport Req..
January,2/2012
VISA ISSUED...
February,9/2012
LANDED..........
February,14,2012
dr. eng x

You 100% have to have the family paper with you and her on it. In Eglish it says Computerized Family Entry from the ministry of interior civil status department.
national no. xxxxx

personal particulars
husband name
marital status
religion
gender nationality
mothers name
date of birth
place of birth
entry particulars
entry no.

wifes particulars
name
national no.
mothers name
marriage deed no.
divorce no (if applicable)
status date
on the back it has the huge seal of ministry of interior,civil status department
4 round stamps
one square stamp and one rectangle stamp

lilyy00

Star Member
Sep 11, 2011
madatito2000 said:
congratulations oh my god they didnt send the stuff back ithought they will send it with the passport and landing papers oh that is so much mean bcz they must send back all the stuff and letters pics all evidence that you sent them before they just only keep the forms and some documents that asked you for like police check and marriage certificate ithink you better call them
how long it take until send your husband passport back since he sent to them or gave it them
i thought they will send the photos with the passport however they didn't :S so i sent them email & my husband will go to the embassy to ask about them ,, it took them around 10 days because he sent it before christmas at that time they took christmas , new year & eastern christmas vacations that's why it took long time

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
louisa said:
dr. eng x

You 100% have to have the family paper with you and her on it. In Eglish it says Computerized Family Entry from the ministry of interior civil status department.
national no. xxxxx
Thanks Louisa, I agree with you, you have to have Kashf Ahl. (Not arguing about whether it is required or not)
Thanks for posting it's contents, I wish someone could post the contents of notice of assessment option C which I have not received as of yet.

louisa

Jul 3, 2011
Nova Scotia
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Oct.24/2011
Med's Done....
Interview........
WAIVED!!
Passport Req..
January,2/2012
VISA ISSUED...
February,9/2012
LANDED..........
February,14,2012
Dr Eng X said:
Thanks Louisa, I agree with you, you have to have Kashf Ahl.
Thanks for posting it's contents, I wish someone could post the contents of notice of assessment option C which I have not received as of yet.
That is your "notice of assesment" paper you get from revenue canada after you fill out your income taxes every person gets one after they receive your taxes

it shows at the top date,your name, social insurance number, tax year, tax center

then line
150 total income
236 net income
260 taxable income
350 total federal non-refundable tax credits
and so on and at the bottom it states how much your RRSP deduction limit is