File Transfer...
12-08-2016
Med's Done....
10-05-2016
Passport Req..
12-10-2016
desertFlower said:
We have the interview tomorrow. :)

Otherwise, I saw a post about this before, but I was not able to find it anymore. What is the cheaper way to transfert money in Canada? Somebody has already check that?

Congratulations!!! That was quick!!!
Do you know why they are interviewing you? Are there any red flags?? I notice that a few people here end up having interviews.
Congrats (on at least getting the interview) again!!!

desertFlower

Apr 13, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-04-2016
AOR Received.
25-05-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
09-08-2016
Passport Req..
09-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-08-2016
LANDED..........
21-08-2016
MelissaJohn said:
Western union? but they don't take Egyptian money they just take dollars nd it still gonna be expensive, the best solution if you have someone could lend u dollars and give it back when u get a job or something. we did this because we couldn't find dollars here and it was so expensive to buy
I see... Do you think we can use an Egyptian card in ATM machine here? :)

AladdinsGirl said:
Congratulations!!! That was quick!!!
Do you know why they are interviewing you? Are there any red flags?? I notice that a few people here end up having interviews.
Congrats (on at least getting the interview) again!!!
AladdinsGirl, I don't know if it's routine, or they really want to validate some points. We are a mixte couple, same age and we know each other since almost 2 years. We didn't do any marriage celebration, so maybe that's why. I will know more after the interview.

AladdinsGirl

Dec 3, 2014
Cairo, Egypt
Category........
Visa Office......
CAIRO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-06-2016
AOR Received.
05-07-2016
File Transfer...
12-08-2016
Med's Done....
10-05-2016
Passport Req..
12-10-2016
AladdinsGirl, I don't know if it's routine, or they really want to validate some points. We are a mixte couple, same age and we know each other since almost 2 years. We didn't do any marriage celebration, so maybe that's why. I will know more after the interview.
[/quote]

The only reason why I was asking was because we have a few red flags......we didn't do a marriage celebration either, or engagement celebration.
Good Luck!! I'm sure you will do fine :) Keep us updated :)

MelissaJohn

Star Member
Oct 4, 2015
Cape Breton
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-12-2015
Doc's Request.
14-06-2016
AOR Received.
16-02-2016
Med's Done....
December 2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-07-2016
VISA ISSUED...
2-08-2016
LANDED..........
13-9-2016
desertFlower said:
I see... Do you think we can use an Egyptian card in ATM machine here? :)
Well you can but egypt put a limit on how much u can take...so u have to ask ur bank because the limit is so low

chocoegypt

Aug 8, 2016
desertFlower said:
We have the interview tomorrow. :)

Otherwise, I saw a post about this before, but I was not able to find it anymore. What is the cheaper way to transfert money in Canada? Somebody has already check that?
i had my interview last week, it was very easy & straight forward
just keep remember your spouse mobile number, address, monthly income, date of birth
if they required any documents pls arrange them as it was mentioned in the Email they had sent, photos from old to recent, keep saying thanks, pls & pardon if needed
good luck :)

vigoretta

Apr 10, 2016
Dear all,
I received an email from Cairo Visa office to bring in my passport and 2 photos for my visa!!!!!
I'm over the moon. The whole process from the time they received our application until the email asking for my passport took exactly 5 and a half months..
I sent an email to Cairo Visa Office asking them to hurry us up because I miss my son and my husband, and that my son is starting school soon. 2 days later they emailed me asking for the passport!!!!!
This is just perfect!
Wishing the best to everyone here I know everyone has a spouse or family that they miss.
So when I land in Canada what is it like at the airport? How long until they process my PR papers? What should I expect?

Thank you.

AladdinsGirl

Dec 3, 2014
Cairo, Egypt
Category........
Visa Office......
CAIRO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-06-2016
AOR Received.
05-07-2016
File Transfer...
12-08-2016
Med's Done....
10-05-2016
Passport Req..
12-10-2016
vigoretta said:
Dear all,
I received an email from Cairo Visa office to bring in my passport and 2 photos for my visa!!!!!
I'm over the moon. The whole process from the time they received our application until the email asking for my passport took exactly 5 and a half months..
I sent an email to Cairo Visa Office asking them to hurry us up because I miss my son and my husband, and that my son is starting school soon. 2 days later they emailed me asking for the passport!!!!!
This is just perfect!
Wishing the best to everyone here I know everyone has a spouse or family that they miss.
So when I land in Canada what is it like at the airport? How long until they process my PR papers? What should I expect?

Thank you.
Oh wow, that is very exciting.....Congratulations!!! That was quick :)

desertFlower

Apr 13, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-04-2016
AOR Received.
25-05-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
09-08-2016
Passport Req..
09-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-08-2016
LANDED..........
21-08-2016
AladdinsGirl said:
The only reason why I was asking was because we have a few red flags......we didn't do a marriage celebration either, or engagement celebration.
Good Luck!! I'm sure you will do fine :) Keep us updated :)
Hey AladdinsGirl, I think the interview was just part of the routine. I don't know how they chose who will have one and who will not. My husb told me the interview was very good. People at the Embassy were all nice with him and the interview took 40 minutes. One hour after it, we received the email asking for his passport. :) The procedure took a little bit less than 4 months for us.

AladdinsGirl

Dec 3, 2014
Cairo, Egypt
Category........
Visa Office......
CAIRO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-06-2016
AOR Received.
05-07-2016
File Transfer...
12-08-2016
Med's Done....
10-05-2016
Passport Req..
12-10-2016
desertFlower said:
Hey AladdinsGirl, I think the interview was just part of the routine. I don't know how they chose who will have one and who will not. My husb told me the interview was very good. People at the Embassy were all nice with him and the interview took 40 minutes. One hour after it, we received the email asking for his passport. :) The procedure took a little bit less than 4 months for us.
Whaaaaa?? That was super fast (for requesting the passport & the whole application)!!!! Congratulations!!! So exciting for you guys!!
Meanwhile, I'm still waiting for SA, I should be getting it this week (well, should have been yesterday according to other applicants for June)
Patience is what I need......and Patience I do not have.

Congrats to everyone!!!

desertFlower

Apr 13, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-04-2016
AOR Received.
25-05-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
09-08-2016
Passport Req..
09-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-08-2016
LANDED..........
21-08-2016
AladdinsGirl said:
Whaaaaa?? That was super fast (for requesting the passport & the whole application)!!!! Congratulations!!! So exciting for you guys!!
Meanwhile, I'm still waiting for SA, I should be getting it this week (well, should have been yesterday according to other applicants for June)
Patience is what I need......and Patience I do not have.

Congrats to everyone!!!
Yeah! It was pretty fast! I was not waiting to get news the same day! It was a big surprise and we are very happy!
I know it's difficult to be patient!! My SA arrived late too, so this means nothing.
After the SA, everything seems to be fast at the Embassy.

AladdinsGirl

Dec 3, 2014
Cairo, Egypt
Category........
Visa Office......
CAIRO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-06-2016
AOR Received.
05-07-2016
File Transfer...
12-08-2016
Med's Done....
10-05-2016
Passport Req..
12-10-2016
Who would have thought that, since you know......Egypt isn't the most efficient place (I guess it depends on where you go).

Congrats again!!!

MelissaJohn

Star Member
Oct 4, 2015
Cape Breton
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-12-2015
Doc's Request.
14-06-2016
AOR Received.
16-02-2016
Med's Done....
December 2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-07-2016
VISA ISSUED...
2-08-2016
LANDED..........
13-9-2016
Congrats to all on passport requests! We are landing in September, For those asking about the landing process I have read & read & read about it just to be sure.

I read that if you are having connecting flights to more than one stop in Canada usually the FIRST airport you land in Canada will be where they do the landing interview.

First, you need your Passport & COPR papers,

They also ask three questions in most interviews
1. Have you ever been convicted of a crime in Canada?
2. Have you ever been denied entry into Canada?
3. Have you ever been deported from Canada?

They then make sure that your information on the COPR paper is correct, and they sign both copies and you sign both copies, they also tell you not to lose the original COPR paper you take for yourself because you will need the original for Citizenship if you plan to become a citizen.

They ask you for your Canadian address, so they can mail you the PR card within a few weeks, if you do not have a stable address and are in hotels, they will tell you to email CIC as soon as you have an address of your own to mail the PR card. If you have a trusting family member or friend, then you could use there address to mail it to.

Also if you are not traveling with your spouse, who is Canadian and they are already in Canada, make sure you know their name, birthday, what is his address and is this where you will be staying, make sure to know these things. ( Common sense says you would know, I hope! aha )

From what I am reading the whole process takes about 15 minutes and is fairly easy. Just a check up of papers and information.

Now this is the part I am not sure about......................

If you are bringing goods you need to fill out a B4 Form, (I'm still a bit confused about this form) because I am returning to Canada with my wife, I believe Canadians have an exemption rule on duty fees and taxes up to $800.
Anything that cost less than $70 will not be taxed?
Im not sure yet, but I also read about not needing to fill it out if you aren't bringing any big things I guess its best to fill it out to have just in case! Photos of the jewelry you bring need to be include wedding bands necklaces etc.)

You don't necessarily need the b4 form you can type up your own list if you like what you are bringing and their prices. Why this confuses me , is because what if you bring things that aren't new they are items you already had and used. Like my wife's laptop from Canada, she is bringing back, our clothes we already own and gifts for family. We might be taxed on gifts, but I still am not sure because they were all way under $70.

Again not sure on the b4 forms, but if you don't bring one I suppose the officer at the airport will inform you how to fill it if you need to , but again it's probably better to have it made up before hand just to save them time.
________________________________________________________________________________________________

Also, some airports have a service Canada center inside them, where you can apply for your temporary social insurance card, this is a card you will use for your employment, banking etc. You don't have to do this at the airport you can wait and go to a service Canada in your town. You can apply as soon as you arrive and I believe all you need is an I.D. (passport/birth certificate) and your COPR paper. Its a pretty easy process too.

Health care depends on what province you live in some have to wait a few months before they apply, some don't.

Don't forget to translate any documents you plan to bring in English (College/University Degrees, Birth Certificates etc.) This isn't necessary but if you apply for jobs in Canada it helps you to have these. It isn't as easy to find a certified Arabic translator in certain provinces/areas as it is to find an English translator here. Sure its a pain in the butt to get it done in Egypt we all know LOL! But it would be better to have it done before you leave and not worry about it in my opinion.

Anyways that's all the information we know about landing and what not, but once we land and have all this process over with we will explain in detail what happens so you are all prepared! And if anyone knows anything about that B4 form PLEASE tell us Ahaha!

HAMADA_EGYPT

Star Member
May 25, 2013
Hi guys
After u send your passport to get the visa, How long does it take to get it back with the visa on it ??
I hear many different times but I need a confirmation
Thanks guys

AladdinsGirl

Dec 3, 2014
Cairo, Egypt
Category........
Visa Office......
CAIRO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-06-2016
AOR Received.
05-07-2016
File Transfer...
12-08-2016
Med's Done....
10-05-2016
Passport Req..
12-10-2016
MelissaJohn said:
Congrats to all on passport requests! We are landing in September, For those asking about the landing process I have read & read & read about it just to be sure.

I read that if you are having connecting flights to more than one stop in Canada usually the FIRST airport you land in Canada will be where they do the landing interview.

First, you need your Passport & COPR papers,

They also ask three questions in most interviews
1. Have you ever been convicted of a crime in Canada?
2. Have you ever been denied entry into Canada?
3. Have you ever been deported from Canada?

They then make sure that your information on the COPR paper is correct, and they sign both copies and you sign both copies, they also tell you not to lose the original COPR paper you take for yourself because you will need the original for Citizenship if you plan to become a citizen.

They ask you for your Canadian address, so they can mail you the PR card within a few weeks, if you do not have a stable address and are in hotels, they will tell you to email CIC as soon as you have an address of your own to mail the PR card. If you have a trusting family member or friend, then you could use there address to mail it to.

Also if you are not traveling with your spouse, who is Canadian and they are already in Canada, make sure you know their name, birthday, what is his address and is this where you will be staying, make sure to know these things. ( Common sense says you would know, I hope! aha )

From what I am reading the whole process takes about 15 minutes and is fairly easy. Just a check up of papers and information.

Now this is the part I am not sure about......................

If you are bringing goods you need to fill out a B4 Form, (I'm still a bit confused about this form) because I am returning to Canada with my wife, I believe Canadians have an exemption rule on duty fees and taxes up to $800.
Anything that cost less than $70 will not be taxed?
Im not sure yet, but I also read about not needing to fill it out if you aren't bringing any big things I guess its best to fill it out to have just in case! Photos of the jewelry you bring need to be include wedding bands necklaces etc.)

You don't necessarily need the b4 form you can type up your own list if you like what you are bringing and their prices. Why this confuses me , is because what if you bring things that aren't new they are items you already had and used. Like my wife's laptop from Canada, she is bringing back, our clothes we already own and gifts for family. We might be taxed on gifts, but I still am not sure because they were all way under $70.

Again not sure on the b4 forms, but if you don't bring one I suppose the officer at the airport will inform you how to fill it if you need to , but again it's probably better to have it made up before hand just to save them time.
________________________________________________________________________________________________

Also, some airports have a service Canada center inside them, where you can apply for your temporary social insurance card, this is a card you will use for your employment, banking etc. You don't have to do this at the airport you can wait and go to a service Canada in your town. You can apply as soon as you arrive and I believe all you need is an I.D. (passport/birth certificate) and your COPR paper. Its a pretty easy process too.

Health care depends on what province you live in some have to wait a few months before they apply, some don't.

Don't forget to translate any documents you plan to bring in English (College/University Degrees, Birth Certificates etc.) This isn't necessary but if you apply for jobs in Canada it helps you to have these. It isn't as easy to find a certified Arabic translator in certain provinces/areas as it is to find an English translator here. Sure its a pain in the butt to get it done in Egypt we all know LOL! But it would be better to have it done before you leave and not worry about it in my opinion.

Anyways that's all the information we know about landing and what not, but once we land and have all this process over with we will explain in detail what happens so you are all prepared! And if anyone knows anything about that B4 form PLEASE tell us Ahaha!
Thanks for the info, I am curious about the answer as well. I've tried searching for it but haven't found much useful information. I don't know if many people would bring a lot of their big items (since it can be cheaper to start new). BUT I really have no idea...... :) I know I will only be bringing (isa, if we get approved) the basic stuff.

AladdinsGirl

Dec 3, 2014
Cairo, Egypt
Category........
Visa Office......
CAIRO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-06-2016
AOR Received.
05-07-2016
File Transfer...
12-08-2016
Med's Done....
10-05-2016
Passport Req..
12-10-2016
Well, if there is still anyone still here in Egypt checking this post out......I finally got my SA email.

Yay!! lol

:eek: