+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CAIRO VISA OFFICE

Hopeful2016

Dec 9, 2015
Hello everybody,

I am really happy to find this forum with helpful applicants,

I am just about to start the torture of gathering the documents to sponsor my wife (we got married 2 weeks ago)

Please if you can simplify the docs needed for the application, pls consider that I live in Alexandria, so Cairo visit is not my favorite, so please advise if any of the documents or its translation can be done in Alex because as far I saw in the guide (please correct me if I'm wrong) that documents that are not in English can be translated and it is not necessary to get the government translation

Thanks

desertFlower

Apr 13, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-04-2016
AOR Received.
25-05-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
09-08-2016
Passport Req..
09-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-08-2016
LANDED..........
21-08-2016
Hopeful2016 said:
Hello everybody,

I am really happy to find this forum with helpful applicants,

I am just about to start the torture of gathering the documents to sponsor my wife (we got married 2 weeks ago)

Please if you can simplify the docs needed for the application, pls consider that I live in Alexandria, so Cairo visit is not my favorite, so please advise if any of the documents or its translation can be done in Alex because as far I saw in the guide (please correct me if I'm wrong) that documents that are not in English can be translated and it is not necessary to get the government translation

Thanks
Hi Hopeful2016,

Welcome here! I think if you follow the two checklists (sponsor & applicant), you should be all set for the needed docs. If you have a specific question about a document, it will be a pleasure to answer you. For the translation, you need to find an accredited translator. I'm sure you can find this in Alexandria.

Good luck for your application! :)

nass

Star Member
Mar 27, 2013
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-12-2015
AOR Received.
30-01-2016
my wife and I need to pack someone stuff Before we live cairo to Canada what are the thinks you need to prepare such as drive license for my wife, courses, training for work myself like heavy equipment operator machine ...ect what else anyone knows? ::) :D ::)

desertFlower

Apr 13, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-04-2016
AOR Received.
25-05-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
09-08-2016
Passport Req..
09-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-08-2016
LANDED..........
21-08-2016
nass said:
my wife and I need to pack someone stuff Before we live cairo to Canada what are the thinks you need to prepare such as drive license for my wife, courses, training for work myself like heavy equipment operator machine ...ect what else anyone knows? ::) :D ::)
Hi Nass,
I am not sure I understand your question. Are you asking what you will have to do when you will arrive in Canada? If yes then you will need to
- Ask for your SIN (You need this number to work)
- Depending where you will live, you need to check the health care system
- Open a bank account
- And for sure, wait your PR card ;D

AladdinsGirl

Dec 3, 2014
Cairo, Egypt
Category........
Visa Office......
CAIRO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-06-2016
AOR Received.
05-07-2016
File Transfer...
12-08-2016
Med's Done....
10-05-2016
Passport Req..
12-10-2016
MelissaJohn said:
We actually bought a printer/scanner off of Jumia for like 270LE, it comes with ink in it and it saved us from running around every time we realized we needed to print more papers or scan more documents. The ink is expensive if you run out, though. It seems like a lot to spend for one time of printing, but you always find out you need to print more or made a mistake and have to print something again so much easier when it is from home rather than paying out of pocket every time you need another paper scanned plus we use taxis to get around and that is another expense.

Also there is a website based in china it's called aliexpress we ordered ink refills. We just screwed a little hole in our ink cartridge and used a needle from the pharmacy to refill the original inks! It takes about 40ish days to get to Egypt so if you're still gathering documents and working on your application you can get it all ready to print while the ink comes! We paid 5 Canadian dollars for the three colored ink and a black in, we refilled out ink about 5 times and still have half a bottle of black and almost full of the colored inks. It saved us sooooo much money.

Just thought I'd share that could be easier for some people!
We never thought that far ahead, we had to purchase a few ink cartridges, both black & coloured, and each one was over 100LE, so we probably spent over 500LE just on ink :O I wasted so much on doc's I didn't need right away, so I have a lot of papers that need to be shredded, lol

nass

Star Member
Mar 27, 2013
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-12-2015
AOR Received.
30-01-2016
desertFlower said:
Hi Nass,
I am not sure I understand your question. Are you asking what you will have to do when you will arrive in Canada? If yes then you will need to
- Ask for your SIN (You need this number to work)
- Depending where you will live, you need to check the health care system
- Open a bank account
- And for sure, wait your PR card ;D

I was asking in egypt what are the thinks that you can learn is ligal in canada such as drive license...ect

AladdinsGirl

Dec 3, 2014
Cairo, Egypt
Category........
Visa Office......
CAIRO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-06-2016
AOR Received.
05-07-2016
File Transfer...
12-08-2016
Med's Done....
10-05-2016
Passport Req..
12-10-2016
'I was asking in egypt what are the thinks that you can learn is ligal in canada such as drive license...ect'

My husband has his drivers license here (Egypt) but I assume (& hope for my fellow Canadian drivers) that he will have to retake the drivers test when and if he is allowed to go to Canada. And it depends on what province you go to, you will have to check what they will & won't accept, every province is different.

What else are you thinking of?? There aren't many things you could do here that you won't have to redo in Canada, since the standards are lower here (sorry but it's true). Doctors for instance would have retake exams, bankers do different jobs here than they do in Canada, etc. It's a completely different world. If you can think of something, write it down and we will try to give you an honest answer. A lot of people that have degree's won't get a job in their field, they usually have the lower paying jobs (from what I have read anyways from other expats). Good luck!!!

desertFlower

Apr 13, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-04-2016
AOR Received.
25-05-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
09-08-2016
Passport Req..
09-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-08-2016
LANDED..........
21-08-2016
Nass, now I understand your question. Sorry about this.

I am agree with AladdinsGirl. If you are planning to get your driving licence or take lessons for heavy equipment operator, I would suggest you to wait to be in Canada. We don't drive the same way in both countries. Also, I am pretty sure it will be easier for you to find a job with a diploma from Canada.

For driving licences in Canada, there are usually a written exam and a practical exam. I a pretty sure you could find a book about driving rules in the province you will move and your wife could begin to study it. For the heavy equipment operator training, you could search school near the area you will move and get some information, like the admission date, the cost, the number of hours for the training, etc.

Good luck and enjoy the remaining time in Egypt to spend time with your family. :)

nass

Star Member
Mar 27, 2013
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-12-2015
AOR Received.
30-01-2016
desertFlower said:
Nass, now I understand your question. Sorry about this.

I am agree with AladdinsGirl. If you are planning to get your driving licence or take lessons for heavy equipment operator, I would suggest you to wait to be in Canada. We don't drive the same way in both countries. Also, I am pretty sure it will be easier for you to find a job with a diploma from Canada.

For driving licences in Canada, there are usually a written exam and a practical exam. I a pretty sure you could find a book about driving rules in the province you will move and your wife could begin to study it. For the heavy equipment operator training, you could search school near the area you will move and get some information, like the admission date, the cost, the number of hours for the training, etc.

Good luck and enjoy the remaining time in Egypt to spend time with your family. :)
Thanx for your honest answers and AladdinsGirl I appreciate for your time. They open medical file for my wife and I send the medical exam 3days ago How long it takes to receive and reply me back everything is done waiting for PPR request. ;D :D 8)

desertFlower

Apr 13, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-04-2016
AOR Received.
25-05-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
09-08-2016
Passport Req..
09-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-08-2016
LANDED..........
21-08-2016
nass said:
Thanx for your honest answers and AladdinsGirl I appreciate for your time. They open medical file for my wife and I send the medical exam 3days ago How long it takes to receive and reply me back everything is done waiting for PPR request. ;D :D 8)
Unfortunately, there's no standard time. :) Good luck!!

MelissaJohn

Star Member
Oct 4, 2015
Cape Breton
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-12-2015
Doc's Request.
14-06-2016
AOR Received.
16-02-2016
Med's Done....
December 2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-07-2016
VISA ISSUED...
2-08-2016
LANDED..........
13-9-2016
There are online studying and practice tests for the drivers license.

This one is in general of Canada, from Ontario handbook
http://www.g1.ca/g1-practice-test/

This one is from Nova Scotia, you can google specific practice tests by each province.
http://icandrive.ca/nova-scotia/class-7-practice-test/

Also, they have heavy equipment courses in most local community colleges, you can google for your area.
Some colleges allow you to sit in on classes before you join to see if you like the course.

desertFlower

Apr 13, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-04-2016
AOR Received.
25-05-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
09-08-2016
Passport Req..
09-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-08-2016
LANDED..........
21-08-2016
MelissaJohn said:
There are online studying and practice tests for the drivers license.

This one is in general of Canada, from Ontario handbook
http://www.g1.ca/g1-practice-test/

This one is from Nova Scotia, you can google specific practice tests by each province.
http://icandrive.ca/nova-scotia/class-7-practice-test/

Also, they have heavy equipment courses in most local community colleges, you can google for your area.
Some colleges allow you to sit in on classes before you join to see if you like the course.
I just noticed it in your dates... CONGRATS for your visa!! wouhou! When are you planning to come back? :)

nass

Star Member
Mar 27, 2013
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-12-2015
AOR Received.
30-01-2016
I receive email today from Cairo visa office.Passport request and 2photo.
I have to send the passport on DHL and where can I take the photo any advise? In what adress should I send the passport visa office in Nile Tower?

MelissaJohn

Star Member
Oct 4, 2015
Cape Breton
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-12-2015
Doc's Request.
14-06-2016
AOR Received.
16-02-2016
Med's Done....
December 2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-07-2016
VISA ISSUED...
2-08-2016
LANDED..........
13-9-2016
nass said:
I receive email today from Cairo visa office.Passport request and 2photo.
I have to send the passport on DHL and where can I take the photo any advise? In what adress should I send the passport visa office in Nile Tower?
Hello Nas, Congrats
As for the address here's the address

Visa Section/Section des visas
Canadian Embassy/Ambassade du Canada
Nile City Towers, 2005 (A) Corniche El Nile
South Tower, 18th floor, Cairo 11221
Téléphone | Telephone.: (202) 2461 2200
Télécopieur | Facsimile Fax: (202) 2461 2203
Gouvernement du Canada | Government of Canada

and about the photos. be careful of the measurements they gave you. go to a professional photographer that knows what he's doing because i went to one near my house he was stupid and did wrong measurments. and they asked me to provide the pictures again.
There's one in el hegaz square masr el gdeda called memories and there's another one called caduea in medan ismalea. u should print the page that says the measurements and show it to the photographer.

nass

Star Member
Mar 27, 2013
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-12-2015
AOR Received.
30-01-2016
MelissaJohn said:
Hello Nas, Congrats
As for the address here's the address

Visa Section/Section des visas
Canadian Embassy/Ambassade du Canada
Nile City Towers, 2005 (A) Corniche El Nile
South Tower, 18th floor, Cairo 11221
Téléphone | Telephone.: (202) 2461 2200
Télécopieur | Facsimile Fax: (202) 2461 2203
Gouvernement du Canada | Government of Canada

and about the photos. be careful of the measurements they gave you. go to a professional photographer that knows what he's doing because i went to one near my house he was stupid and did wrong measurments. and they asked me to provide the pictures again.
There's one in el hegaz square masr el gdeda called memories and there's another one called caduea in medan ismalea. u should print the page that says the measurements and show it to the photographer.

thank you appreciated and How long Iam gonna receive the passport back and how long is extent for the visa expire?