+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CAIPS notes to get more details

chennaiExpress

Mar 27, 2015
Hi Friends

Can any body help me and tell me that how can i get "CAIPS notes to get more details on the refusal of my student Visa"

Regards
Sam JAIPAL

Srik00909

Star Member
Jul 29, 2016
Caips notes cost 3000 and it takes 6-8 weeks
Aitp costs 5$ and will be issued in 30 days
I too got refused and thought to apply
Can anyone suggest me which would be better. And is that really useful

Srik00909

Star Member
Jul 29, 2016
How to Order CAIPS Notes?

Note:
It is still CAIPS... not yet merged with GCMS.

Our CAIPS can be ordered thru either of the following three [3] methods:
1. By our Consultant [if u have one] --usually a Free service provided by the good ones, or charge $5
2. Thru a Friend/Relative [who's in Canada] --s/he can obtain it under your authorization. Fees $5
3. From Websites [offering CAIPS Service] --discussed below. Costs $30-40.

How to fetch the CAIPS thru friend/relative [in Canada] ?

Under the Privacy Act, one of our friends/relatives, who reside in Canada, can order the CAIPS under our authorization. There is a CIC fee of only $5 to be incurred for that purpose. Here's what we should do:

1. Download the form here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5563B.pdf
2. Fill the specified colums/fields, viz:
- a) Visa post [ND, Buffalo, London etc.]
- b) Your File number [Bxxxxxxx]
- c) Date of Birth [applicant's, not the rep's]
- d) The requester's Postal address [Canadian Address only]
3. Tick the box "for CAIPS Notes request" on the form.
4. Enclose copies of the rep's [not yours] PR Card/visa/COPR etc. [Canadian ID].
5. Attach the Consent Form [signed by each applicant for "use of a representative"].
6. Enclose a Money Order/Draft for $5.
7. Send (Mail or Courier 'only') all the documents to:
Citizenship and Immigration Canada
(Access to Information and Privacy Coordinator)
Narono Building 360 Laurier Avenue West, 10th Floor
Ottawa, Ontario K1A 1L1
Tel.: (613) 957-6512
8. Your CAIPS Notes should return by 4-6 weeks [usually].

Obtaining our CAIPS thru the websites:

There r many websites who offer such services, usually charging anything between $30-40. However, in that 'basic' price they'd only send u the retrieved CAIPS Notes; and would charge u furthermore for explaining them. Nonetheless, it's not a bad idea to yet take their services. Most applicants use either of the following websites for obtaining their CAIPS:

a) http://www.caips.ca/
b) http://caipsnotes.com/index.shtml
c) http://www.caipsretriever.com/2006/03/immigrants-life-in-toronto-canada-ii.html

When will my CAIPS arrive?
As our request application reaches CIC, they'd take a week+ to retrieve it. Despatching takes another week+. While the postal duration could again be one more week. Oh yes, it is send by CIC thru regular postal mail. Thus, overall we r looking at 4-6 weeks to receive our CAIPS notes.

When I'm reading my CAIPS, is it "current" information?
No. As there's a gap between the CAIPS printing [by CIC] & receiving [by us], we would be getting the picture around 3-4 weeks back dated. Things might change in between... some BF'Ds gone by, some addnl Codes logged.

When should I obtain my CAIPS?
It's only required when things have gone overboard... when there's much delay in case progress.... or when we have received an interview letter. Our CAIPS could elicit some info on the perception of our VO/s towards our case... why an interview was required... What stage we r currently in... points calc... when would be the next review date.... next BF'D etc. Thus, we could fetch our CAIPS "after" 8-12 months of case processing.

When should I obtain "another" set of my CAIPS?
It's unwise to frequently apply for our CAIPS notes. Anything between 6-8 months is Ok... 'coz before that nothing much would have been logged on it anyway.

How do I "read" my CAIPS?
Most of the info on our CAIPS r 'coded'. Member FinPro graciously have deliberated on these codes during his 6th Oct 2006 post in this very forum.

it's a copy paste work.