+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CAIPS Codes

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
we have a client who got refusal in work permit from India and Officer gave reason that he is not truthfully given answer to refusal questions,When we applied CAIPS notes then it states that he had3 refusals but he mentioned that he never applied. Could there be any discrepancy in GCMS notes too. because he is saying that he is not person who applied 3 times before this work permit??

It's more likely that your client isn't being completely honest. Are you absolutely sure.. It's even possible that your client went to some less scrupulous consultant before you, and that consultant applied without properly explaining things to your client.

Dig a little deeper.

perlita1990

Star Member
Apr 13, 2019
Anyone familiar about the CAIPS NOTES issued after visa refusal? I was advised to file one for CAD 2500 but i think this is too much just to determine the real reason for denial.
I just got my refusal letter today, :(:(:(

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.

My initial thought is the lack of justification in my Study plan, could there be other reasons for the purpose of visit?

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Anyone familiar about the CAIPS NOTES issued after visa refusal? I was advised to file one for CAD 2500 but i think this is too much just to determine the real reason for denial.
I just got my refusal letter today, :(:(:(

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.

My initial thought is the lack of justification in my Study plan, could there be other reasons for the purpose of visit?
GCMS notes cost anywhere between $5 - $35 if you aren't Canadian. Who asked you to pay $2,500??

perlita1990

Star Member
Apr 13, 2019
GCMS notes cost anywhere between $5 - $35 if you aren't Canadian. Who asked you to pay $2,500??
My visa consultant, im from the Philippines.
That’s why Ive been checking and asking on what I could possibly do if I reapply. Or if i even have the time now since my classes start Sept 3

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
My visa consultant, im from the Philippines.
That’s why Ive been checking and asking on what I could possibly do if I reapply. Or if i even have the time now since my classes start Sept 3
Well, that consultant is trying to squeeze a TON more money out of you. CAIPS notes were merged with GCMS notes years ago. You can order GCMS notes online - just google "Order GCMS notes" and you'll get tons of websites that you can use. Typically it costs anywhere between $5-$30, don't pay more than that. It takes at least a month to get the notes.

Purpose of visit is related to your study plan. What's your full profile (what course did you apply for, does it make sense based on your current degree/work ex, etc). Post your full profile and we can help.

In terms of time, it's close, but you do have time to reapply and get the visa if you apply early in July. If you wait for the GCMS notes it will probably take too long.

Reactions: perlita1990

perlita1990

Star Member
Apr 13, 2019
Well, that consultant is trying to squeeze a TON more money out of you. CAIPS notes were merged with GCMS notes years ago. You can order GCMS notes online - just google "Order GCMS notes" and you'll get tons of websites that you can use. Typically it costs anywhere between $5-$30, don't pay more than that. It takes at least a month to get the notes.

Purpose of visit is related to your study plan. What's your full profile (what course did you apply for, does it make sense based on your current degree/work ex, etc). Post your full profile and we can help.

In terms of time, it's close, but you do have time to reapply and get the visa if you apply early in July. If you wait for the GCMS notes it will probably take too long.

I got accepted at Centennial College for Hospitality- Hotel Operations Program, i graduated with a Degree in Hotel and Restaurant Management.
But my current job is in leasing and marketing (im working for a Supermall here in the Philippines for 4yrs now) although ive had experiences in hotel and restaurant in the past, abroad even. My main purpose for the study is to go back to my career in Hospitality. And my family is managing an Airbnb business here which I co-own. We indicated in the SOP that i will be managing the business when I come back home, also there are career opportunities here at home.

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
I got accepted at Centennial College for Hospitality- Hotel Operations Program, i graduated with a Degree in Hotel and Restaurant Management.
But my current job is in leasing and marketing (im working for a Supermall here in the Philippines for 4yrs now) although ive had experiences in hotel and restaurant in the past, abroad even. My main purpose for the study is to go back to my career in Hospitality. And my family is managing an Airbnb business here which I co-own. We indicated in the SOP that i will be managing the business when I come back home, also there are career opportunities here at home.
If you already have a degree in Hotel Management, a diploma in Hotel Operations may be seen as a downgrade. You should go through your application and SoP and see whether you have fully explained why you want to do a diploma despite have a bachelors degree in the same subject.

perlita1990

Star Member
Apr 13, 2019
May I share my SOP here, part of this I wrote but was edited by my consultant. I know this is lengthy, please bear with me. Really want to narrow down the reason for refusal.

June 1, 2019
THE VISA OFFICER
Canadian Embassy Manila Makati City, Philippines
Dear Sir/Madame:
I am Pearl Angeline A. Suyo, a 29 year old Filipino citizen. I am respectfully writing this letter to apply for a student permit to Canada.
I am a graduate of Bachelor of Science in Hotel and Restaurant Management in Central Philippine University in 2011. I was the first student of our school to have been granted an internship in the United States of America right after graduation. For a year, I served as a Wait Staff at Old Westbury Golf & Country Club, a private member club in Old Westbury, New York. Through the years after my internship, I have had various jobs and gained practical training in and out of the country. I worked as a Junior Guest Services Assistant as part of the practical training in one of the hotels in Malaysia for almost five months before my employment in SM City Iloilo, the first supermall in our city. I was hired as Leasing Supervisor in 2015 and was promoted to Leasing Officer in 2018. My main task includes handling of incoming tenants and lease offers, monitoring growth and process of mall exhibits and events, and reviewing, analyzing, and proposing of product/service mix concepts.
This year, I celebrated my fourth year with the company. While I have enjoyed my work as it becomes a sustainable source of livelihood, I carry in my heart the reality of a job- and-skills mismatch. It has always been my career goal of excelling in the industry that I love. With full understanding of the idea of the vast opportunities for career advancement available in the market, I decided to embark into the journey of intense immersion into the hospitality industry and my first step is to acquire international learning. I hope to learn to recognize diverse perspectives, gain a global mindset and greater self-awareness.
Canada is getting further recognition and praise for providing world-class education which is why I have chosen the country for my studies instead of completing another

program in my home country. The diploma that I will acquire is internationally recognized making me a globally competitive individual. Additionally, Canadian institutions compete with leading and famous universities from the US and UK but Canada offers a more affordable living costs. Moreover, adapting to the new environment may not be too difficult being surrounded by a large multicultural environment and the given fact that the country is one of the safest in the world.
It is my hope that through my intended program in Canada, the Hospitality – Hotel Operations Management diploma, I am able to learn and practice key skills that employers are seeking and more importantly, acquire business skills and acumen to work in wide range of areas within the multifaceted industry. This two-year program being related to my completed degree in the Philippines will allow me to refresh my knowledge in hotel and restaurant management by undertaking the courses Introduction to Hospitality Operations and Restaurant Operations, Beverage, Bar and Dining Room, Introduction to Hospitality Sales and Marketing, and Special Events Operations. I aim to have thorough understanding on the courses Restaurant Operations, Rooms Operations I and II, Principle of Food, Beverage and Labour Cost Controls, Hospitality Sales and Revenue Management, Principles of Hospitality Management, Career Preparation and especially, the Hotel Operations Field Placement which will allow me to engage in experiential learning in the state-of-the-art Restaurant and event facilities, including four guest rooms. The program will allow me to combine the knowledge I learned in my four years of study in the Philippines, the practical trainings and work experiences acquired and incorporate all these to provide exceptional service and make an impact on every guest experience, securing my future in the key roles within both the front and back of a hotel.
Centennial College is the best fit both for my educational and career goals. This institution not only provide technology-based training in the best learning facilities but partners with local establishments which allows professional development, skills development and networking. It has the best student and employer satisfaction rating in Greater Toronto Area (GTA) in 2016 and again in 2017 according to the provincial Key Performance Indicator (KPI) surveys conducted with college students, graduates and their employers. Moreover, Centennial offers extensive services, programs, activities and opportunities to support international students.

My studies is supported through the Student Direct Stream program where we have settled the full one year tuition and have secured a Guaranteed Investment Certificate from Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce. Part of the payment of the tuition were from mine and my mother’s savings. My sister, Sharlyn Joy S. Velasquez, a Real Estate Broker since June 16, 2015, owns/manages businesses together with my brother-in-law. She is the Managing Director of Mindanao Travel Channel, the Founder & Creative Director of Brand Hive Digital Agency at the same time the Media & Marketing Consultant. She will support me financially all throughout my studies.
According to one of the leading hospitality management companies, trends in the hospitality industry have taken a turn. Business travel has increased, thus leading to an increase in prospective customers for hotels and restaurants, and the tourism industry as a whole. Moreover, according to the head of a premier hotel school in the country, about 15 million jobs are available for Filipinos who plan to work in top-rate hotels and restaurants considering Filipinos’ trustworthiness and hardwork. Furthermore, Ilonggo hospitality attracts tourist and in 2018, my hometown was considered as the beacon of Western Visayas. On the other hand, I have discussed my intent to study in Canada with my current employer, we are able to explore opportunities for when I graduate from the program. I will be able to qualify to a management position in the hotel business of the company such as Park Inn by Radisson Iloilo and Belmont Hotel which is expected to be in operation in 2022. With all these, I believe that my employment prospects in the Philippines is high as I go back after the completion of my studies. Lastly, our family already manages an Airbnb business which I co-own the property. The learning I will gain can further improve the business for when I take over once I return home. We are already discussing to develop our property commercially as our way of contributing to the booming hospitality and tourism industry of the city of Iloilo.
It is my prayer that the desire for more knowledge and wisdom will be realized through this study. With this, I am asking for your kind consideration with my request.
Thank you.
Respectfully yours,
Pearl Angeline A. Suyo

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
May I share my SOP here, part of this I wrote but was edited by my consultant. I know this is lengthy, please bear with me. Really want to narrow down the reason for refusal.

June 1, 2019
THE VISA OFFICER
Canadian Embassy Manila Makati City, Philippines
Dear Sir/Madame:
I am Pearl Angeline A. Suyo, a 29 year old Filipino citizen. I am respectfully writing this letter to apply for a student permit to Canada.
I am a graduate of Bachelor of Science in Hotel and Restaurant Management in Central Philippine University in 2011. I was the first student of our school to have been granted an internship in the United States of America right after graduation. For a year, I served as a Wait Staff at Old Westbury Golf & Country Club, a private member club in Old Westbury, New York. Through the years after my internship, I have had various jobs and gained practical training in and out of the country. I worked as a Junior Guest Services Assistant as part of the practical training in one of the hotels in Malaysia for almost five months before my employment in SM City Iloilo, the first supermall in our city. I was hired as Leasing Supervisor in 2015 and was promoted to Leasing Officer in 2018. My main task includes handling of incoming tenants and lease offers, monitoring growth and process of mall exhibits and events, and reviewing, analyzing, and proposing of product/service mix concepts.
This year, I celebrated my fourth year with the company. While I have enjoyed my work as it becomes a sustainable source of livelihood, I carry in my heart the reality of a job- and-skills mismatch. It has always been my career goal of excelling in the industry that I love. With full understanding of the idea of the vast opportunities for career advancement available in the market, I decided to embark into the journey of intense immersion into the hospitality industry and my first step is to acquire international learning. I hope to learn to recognize diverse perspectives, gain a global mindset and greater self-awareness.
Canada is getting further recognition and praise for providing world-class education which is why I have chosen the country for my studies instead of completing another

program in my home country. The diploma that I will acquire is internationally recognized making me a globally competitive individual. Additionally, Canadian institutions compete with leading and famous universities from the US and UK but Canada offers a more affordable living costs. Moreover, adapting to the new environment may not be too difficult being surrounded by a large multicultural environment and the given fact that the country is one of the safest in the world.
It is my hope that through my intended program in Canada, the Hospitality – Hotel Operations Management diploma, I am able to learn and practice key skills that employers are seeking and more importantly, acquire business skills and acumen to work in wide range of areas within the multifaceted industry. This two-year program being related to my completed degree in the Philippines will allow me to refresh my knowledge in hotel and restaurant management by undertaking the courses Introduction to Hospitality Operations and Restaurant Operations, Beverage, Bar and Dining Room, Introduction to Hospitality Sales and Marketing, and Special Events Operations. I aim to have thorough understanding on the courses Restaurant Operations, Rooms Operations I and II, Principle of Food, Beverage and Labour Cost Controls, Hospitality Sales and Revenue Management, Principles of Hospitality Management, Career Preparation and especially, the Hotel Operations Field Placement which will allow me to engage in experiential learning in the state-of-the-art Restaurant and event facilities, including four guest rooms. The program will allow me to combine the knowledge I learned in my four years of study in the Philippines, the practical trainings and work experiences acquired and incorporate all these to provide exceptional service and make an impact on every guest experience, securing my future in the key roles within both the front and back of a hotel.
Centennial College is the best fit both for my educational and career goals. This institution not only provide technology-based training in the best learning facilities but partners with local establishments which allows professional development, skills development and networking. It has the best student and employer satisfaction rating in Greater Toronto Area (GTA) in 2016 and again in 2017 according to the provincial Key Performance Indicator (KPI) surveys conducted with college students, graduates and their employers. Moreover, Centennial offers extensive services, programs, activities and opportunities to support international students.

My studies is supported through the Student Direct Stream program where we have settled the full one year tuition and have secured a Guaranteed Investment Certificate from Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce. Part of the payment of the tuition were from mine and my mother’s savings. My sister, Sharlyn Joy S. Velasquez, a Real Estate Broker since June 16, 2015, owns/manages businesses together with my brother-in-law. She is the Managing Director of Mindanao Travel Channel, the Founder & Creative Director of Brand Hive Digital Agency at the same time the Media & Marketing Consultant. She will support me financially all throughout my studies.
According to one of the leading hospitality management companies, trends in the hospitality industry have taken a turn. Business travel has increased, thus leading to an increase in prospective customers for hotels and restaurants, and the tourism industry as a whole. Moreover, according to the head of a premier hotel school in the country, about 15 million jobs are available for Filipinos who plan to work in top-rate hotels and restaurants considering Filipinos’ trustworthiness and hardwork. Furthermore, Ilonggo hospitality attracts tourist and in 2018, my hometown was considered as the beacon of Western Visayas. On the other hand, I have discussed my intent to study in Canada with my current employer, we are able to explore opportunities for when I graduate from the program. I will be able to qualify to a management position in the hotel business of the company such as Park Inn by Radisson Iloilo and Belmont Hotel which is expected to be in operation in 2022. With all these, I believe that my employment prospects in the Philippines is high as I go back after the completion of my studies. Lastly, our family already manages an Airbnb business which I co-own the property. The learning I will gain can further improve the business for when I take over once I return home. We are already discussing to develop our property commercially as our way of contributing to the booming hospitality and tourism industry of the city of Iloilo.
It is my prayer that the desire for more knowledge and wisdom will be realized through this study. With this, I am asking for your kind consideration with my request.
Thank you.
Respectfully yours,
Pearl Angeline A. Suyo
You should open a new thread to discuss this.

perlita1990

Star Member
Apr 13, 2019
You should open a new thread to discuss this.
Apologies on this.
I may just proceed with the GCCMS notes request, and if it wont be able in time for the September intake, will just defer to January 2020.

Question, i have a canadian friend who i would like to make a GCMS notes request for me, do I need to write a statement authorizing the person on my behalf as indicated in the IRCC website.