+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CAIPS Codes

Discussion in 'General - All Canadian Immigration' started by FinPro, Oct 3, 2006.

1. Great! Thanks for the info.

2. I added a tab to the Acronym spreadsheet for GCMS notes.
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qp2u3X_F10-peLhSZnPwBNAZivuICTZIA2eyB-tOerE/edit#gid=1257664451

Grateful if people could help update the tab by

1) checking to see if the field column has everything (it was copied from an older document)

2) entering all possible data values into the second column (based on your own GCMS notes received) - except personal data of course

3) add explanations where needed in the third column

4) adding any new acronyms and definitions (or just the acronym if not already listed)

C.

3. Hi
    My ecas changed to DM on January 16. I had ordered notes just a couple of days prior to this and recieved them on Feb 15. It says the following under "Document Issuance":

Document: Counterfoil
    Due date: January 15, 2016
    Does anyone know what the status means? and how long it will take for them to send PPR? It has been more than a month since the status change.

Thanks

4. Is it a bad thing if we order the gcsn notes?

5. No

6. there are tons of website who doing it, I know one of my friend has use
    http://caipsnote.com/index.html
    to get caips note . but if you got your relative or friend in Canada then they can request CAIPS note for you very cheap.

7. haie guys i dont know if i am doing this right so bear with this newbee

my mother claimed refugee in canada
    and since she left me and my siblings back in our country she senT for us to be with her just before she got her hearing.
    now we are obviously her dependent children all under age. not old enough to decide if we stay with her or not etc...
    so she got accepted as did all of us since we were in her file as dependents , i was 16 years old at the time
    i am now 25 ( and we landed feB 3rd 2016 I KNOW IT TOOK FOREVER)
    BUT instead of being happy its a sad thing for me cause our statuses are also CR8 ( conventional refugee) when she was the main claimant so now i am not able to return to my country ( well im not sure thats why im writing her to get some light shed on this) im wondering why we were not set in the DR2 category an dhow it affects us now that we are older

i believe now am a woman of my own and able to make decisions i should be able to travel to my country but this CR8 category im in when i did not claim refugee it was through my mom really changes everything HELP!!!!]

8. I ordered my GCMS notes and in "criminality" it says passed with an expiration date dec 2017. (Even though my PCC were submitted dec 2015)
    My question is: Criminality related to the police certificates being clean or is it the background check by CSIS?

9. If you want to return to your home country then you are no longer a refugee and would voluntarily do so...more information here http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/refugees/vacation/index.asp

I assume if you refugee status is revoked, the only way you could return to Canada is by other immigration classes (economic, etc)

C.

10. Hi,
    I am trying to fill online application for Access to information. However, as per my documents, my given name is blank. What should I fill in while requesting CAIPs as it needs to fill both given name and family name. Please help urgently.

11. Dear all,
    Do you have an idea what IM-1 on a visa stamp in a passport stands for? I guess IM stands for immigration or immigrant. but what does the number signify?

12. One more thing, is there an indication (encoded or not) of a category of the immigration visa in a visa stamp by the officer inside the passport? I mean if we can find out about the category of the immigration (economic, business, self-employed, entrepreneur, investment whatsoever) by looking at the visa stamp of the applicant? Do you have any idea guys?

13. My dependent visa has been rejected for Canada. I have consult to an agent who advised me to call for CAIPSnote. Please suggest me the process and way around for calling it and also let me know the charges for the same.

14. Hi, got GCMS notes, and the last action was :

" File retrieved and forwarded to TL/MAS for review/action "

Any idea what does it mean?!
    Thanks in advance!

15. we have a client who got refusal in work permit from India and Officer gave reason that he is not truthfully given answer to refusal questions,When we applied CAIPS notes then it states that he had3 refusals but he mentioned that he never applied. Could there be any discrepancy in GCMS notes too. because he is saying that he is not person who applied 3 times before this work permit??