+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

C6 minor application returned due to incomplete

jithucan123

Feb 19, 2015
I called CIC when I applied on 12 October for the 2 id for the minor, at least one of them with photo to ask about my 2 kids less than 7 years.
She clearly reply me that PR and Passport are not include this step because its already requested before, I sent a copy of the health card and school record, then I attached a lettre explain that I have no more id for the kids with photo because of the age.
Thanks
It makes us worry. If we cannot use the PR Card and Passport then I have no other ID with a photo of my son. I have his Passport, Health Card without a Photo (Alberta), PR Card. I have requested for his School record and I don't think there would be a photo in his School Record. The other option is taking an ID from the Registry but I am not sure whether I will get the same for a 5 year old kid....

rdecartus

Star Member
Aug 29, 2012
Did they return the adult's application too?
Yes, they returned full package I sent to them. They made a note that adult application are deemed complete but since this is a family application they will process everything simultaneously.

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
Yes, they returned full package I sent to them. They made a note that adult application are deemed complete but since this is a family application they will process everything simultaneously.
The good thing that you now know your application is complete and it didn't take long to know that your child's application is incomplete.
Good luck!

Joshua1

Nov 18, 2013
I think most of us who have done or about to do applications for minors are confused when it comes to the additional IDs issue. Consider this, the Checklist says:
1. photocopy of PR card
2. photocopies of passport
3. photocopy of 2 pieces of child's personal identification, one of which must have a photo, then they refer to the guide which says:
Two (2) pieces of the child’s personal identification

Both pieces of identification should show your child’s name and date of birth, one of which must have a photo on it.

Examples include:
school record
health insurance card

The problem is there is no photo on school record and health insurance (in Ontario and maybe other provinces) for children under 16

jithucan123

Feb 19, 2015
I think most of us who have done or about to do applications for minors are confused when it comes to the additional IDs issue. Consider this, the Checklist says:
1. photocopy of PR card
2. photocopies of passport
3. photocopy of 2 pieces of child's personal identification, one of which must have a photo, then they refer to the guide which says:
Two (2) pieces of the child’s personal identification

Both pieces of identification should show your child’s name and date of birth, one of which must have a photo on it.

Examples include:
school record
health insurance card

The problem is there is no photo on school record and health insurance (in Ontario and maybe other provinces) for children under 16
So can we attach PR Card as an ID (There will 2 copies of the PR Card)

Here is the letter I received.

https://ibb.co/iFVO6R

I sent copy of passport and pr card for identity verification. As per instruction list, these should have been sufficient. Do I need to send anything else?

At most I can think about issue could be that photocopies are not clear. I am thinking about taking clear photocopies again and adding health card copy as well. Any inputs?
Sorry to hear that, as others have said, it will be good to include any other form of identification like health card and take clear photocopy. Good luck!

solea05

Oct 18, 2011
Here is the letter I received.

https://ibb.co/iFVO6R

I sent copy of passport and pr card for identity verification. As per instruction list, these should have been sufficient. Do I need to send anything else?

At most I can think about issue could be that photocopies are not clear. I am thinking about taking clear photocopies again and adding health card copy as well. Any inputs?
I applied for my child as well, same timeline as yours and I received my AOR yesterday thru email. I submitted copy of his passport, PR card, Alberta Health Card and school ID that has his picture. If your child's school ID that does not have a photo, you may ask the school if they can provide one for immigration purposes. And I suggest you explain it. Attach a letter with your explanation and provide a copy of anything else you have to prove his identity to CIC. Goodluck!

rdecartus

Star Member
Aug 29, 2012
I re sent the application package (delivered today) with additional docs (health card, school record and oci copy). I hope to make it this time.

rmorgan

Jan 24, 2015
I have seen two school records from different elementary schools of the Halton District School Board. They DO have the child's photograph. Both children were under 16...

Reactions: gg08

arise

Star Member
Feb 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC, Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-11-2011
Doc's Request.
15-12-2011
Nomination.....
02-02-2012
AOR Received.
13-04-2012
IELTS Request
NA
Med's Request
26-06-2013
Med's Done....
26-07-2013, Received on 15-08-2013, in process 30/10/2013
Passport Req..
(new born medical + RPRF + Passport request) all received on 5-11-2013, Decision made on 25/11/2013
VISA ISSUED...
04/12/2013
LANDED..........
14/1/2014
Hello,
I am applying for myself and my kid, who is 5 years old. My wife is yet to be eligible so she is not applying. My question is, do both of us need to sign my kid application form? In Q4(a), i listed my self as the person applying for the child. Q8 asks for detail of the parents-so i provided detail for both of us (Father and Mother). Q12 asks for signatures, since i am applying for the child-so i thought only my signature is required, however, please advise if both mom and dad is required to sign the form.

srionline117

Star Member
Dec 9, 2012
Only your signature. You are right on all points you mentioned. Mention both parents where it was Asked . Both of your signatures not needed .

venAAA

Star Member
May 1, 2012
It takes ten minutes to get a school record - go to school office and ask them. My kids go to different schools an I had no issues with any. Ontario. It is the easiest document to obtain. Photos are there, of course.