+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

C6 minor application returned due to incomplete

rdecartus

Star Member
Aug 29, 2012
Here is the letter I received.

https://ibb.co/iFVO6R

I sent copy of passport and pr card for identity verification. As per instruction list, these should have been sufficient. Do I need to send anything else?

At most I can think about issue could be that photocopies are not clear. I am thinking about taking clear photocopies again and adding health card copy as well. Any inputs?

sappi

Star Member
Oct 24, 2017
Did you include both sides of the documents? Because for example, the guide specifically states that both front and back of the PR card have to be sent.

rdecartus

Star Member
Aug 29, 2012
Yes I included both sides of PR card. I took the picture on mobile phone and printed it. So I now think it could be that photocopy may not be clear enough.

Joshua1

Nov 18, 2013
So sorry to hear... yes, I think it's the copies that are illegible. I also sent report cards besides copies of their passports and PR cards etc.

When did you send the applications?

sappi

Star Member
Oct 24, 2017
Delivered on Oct 16.
Mine was also delivered on the 16th. And yes, I also think then that the copies were not clear enough. But just as a precautionary measure, I would still add another piece of ID (preferably with name, DOB, and picture on it) this time. Sorry that the application was returned and good luck to you.

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
Hello there,

Sorry to hear that your application was returned. I believe that you were supposed to submit 2 IDs, one of them with a picture of the child. Knowing, that they have already asked for those in the checklist, you were supposed to submit another ID in addition to them, i.e. Health Card.
Call them before you send your application again to find what IDs they wanted.

Good luck!

N_O

I sent copy of passport and pr card for identity verification. As per instruction list, these should have been sufficient. Do I need to send anything else?

At most I can think about issue could be that photocopies are not clear. I am thinking about taking clear photocopies again and adding health card copy as well. Any inputs?[/QUOTE

JJ-C

May 17, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jul 2011
Doc's Request.
Nov 4, 2013
Med's Request
Nov 4, 2013
Med's Done....
Sept 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Feb 21, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 25, 2014
LANDED..........
March 6, 2014

At most I can think about issue could be that photocopies are not clear. I am thinking about taking clear photocopies again and adding health card copy as well. Any inputs?
Sorry to hear about this. I will suggest you do colour copy of the relevant documents. It helps.

rdecartus

Star Member
Aug 29, 2012
Hello there,

Sorry to hear that your application was returned. I believe that you were supposed to submit 2 IDs, one of them with a picture of the child. Knowing, that they have already asked for those in the checklist, you were supposed to submit another ID in addition to them, i.e. Health Card.
Call them before you send your application again to find what IDs they wanted.

Good luck!

N_O
Health card does not have picture on it. I will send it this time just in case.

devilhimselff

Champion Member
Jul 10, 2005
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Yep...
Clear legibly copies. It doesn't matter if they are coloured or black and white.

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
Hello again,

As per the guide, "Both pieces of identification should show your child’s name and date of birth, one of which must have a photo on it". I would say the passport was counted as a piece of ID but not the PR; the PR card is the child's immigration record/paper and doesn't count as a piece of ID. If this is the case, then you needed an extra piece of ID (with or without a picture).

Good luck!

thejkhan

Jun 5, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello again,

As per the guide, "Both pieces of identification should show your child’s name and date of birth, one of which must have a photo on it". I would say the passport was counted as a piece of ID but not the PR; the PR card is the child's immigration record/paper and doesn't count as a piece of ID. If this is the case, then you needed an extra piece of ID (with or without a picture).

Good luck!

And what makes you think PR card is not personal ID?

Johnboy

Star Member
Jul 5, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
18-07-2014
OP sorry to hear of this setback.

Since I assume your adult application was deemed to be complete, can I ask how many pieces of identification did you send?
I ask because the guidelines are unclear to me at least. And they don't specify what Personal Identification is.

Step 3 – Gather your documents, in the guidelines state :-

- if you had a passport in the past 5 years:
  • photocopies of 1 piece of government issued identification with your name, date of birth and photograph
- Photocopy of personal identification​

Did you send 2 pieces of identification or 1?
The document checklist I feel is, vague regarding what is required.

I sent photocopies of an expired and current passport and also my driver licence. Hoping that there is enough overlap there to satisfy the requirements.