+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

C-6 Citizenship Applications, Frequently Asked Questions

Abou1980

Star Member
Jan 26, 2019
Hello Folks,

I have some questions for the citizenship app please.

For the PDF, question 10 and 11, I dont have to put any travel holiday information right ? I just need to include them in the online calculatore ?

for passports, do I have to only print one pay of the first page of each passport thats it ? OR all pages in each pass ?

For question 10 and 11, I dont have to state the days right ? just month and year ?

THANKS !!!!!

hafm

Star Member
Feb 25, 2013
hi all, quick question: My wife’s last name was changed before she became a PR. Her current passport and PR has the married last name. Do we need to provide name change documents based on the fact that she is showing 2 names in Question 5 (maiden name and married name)

Abou1980

Star Member
Jan 26, 2019
Please someone can help with these questions ?

For the PDF, question 10 and 11, I dont have to put any travel holiday information right ? I just need to include them in the online calculatore ?

for passports, do I have to only print one pay of the first page of each passport thats it ? OR all pages in each pass ?

For question 10 and 11, I dont have to state the days right ? just month and year ?

THANKS !!!!!

Kambiz2002

Star Member
Jan 11, 2019
It is good to see some movement on this forum by @spyfy

A lot of of were following bill c6 news for more than a year when it finally passed through all stages of the Parliament.

Too bad that due to the bureaucracy of the IRCC some of us have been waiting for close to 18 months in the processing stage. IRCC please pick up and move!

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
Please someone can help with these questions ?

THANKS !!!!!
10: Only addresses where you actually LIVED, so not vacation destinations etc.
11: Only things like work, unemployment, self-emploed, studying. No need to list vacations. You were still employed when you went on vacation.

Only the bio page of your passports: "photocopies of biographic pages of all valid and expired passports or travel documents you had in the past 5 years. The biographical page means the page where it has your name, photo, passport/travel document number, issue date and expiration date."

Please have a look at the application guide. You should read through the whole guide before submitting your application. You will regret later if you didn't and then forgot something.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-0002-application-canadian-citizenship-under-subsection-5-1-adults-18-years-older.html#Step

Reactions: dpenabill

tmondapr

Star Member
Jan 30, 2017
5. We need to know all of the names you have ever used in order to verify your identity. If you used any other names other than the one being requested in your grant of citizenship application, print them in the chart.

Pertaining to question 5, if i did not used any other names other than the one being requested in your grant of citizenship application do I still need to answer it.

If yes, in the section that says Given Name (First Name), should I include my middle name...I have both my first name and middle name given in the Given Name(s) section of question 4a.

mehtab_kaka

Apr 17, 2015
Patiala
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw, Poland
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-12-2014
AOR Received.
27-02-2015
File Transfer...
09-04-2015
Med's Request
25-05-2015
Med's Done....
05-06-2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
24-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
31-03-2016
LANDED..........
04-05-2016
I have a question? My 3 years deadline will be completed in august first week. Me and my 6 year old daughter will be eligible.
Question is I came as PR in 2016 May. As per your discussions I will need a police certificate from India. I have a police certificate which might be outdated, will that work? Do my daughter also need police clearance.?

mszfifie

Mar 21, 2016
Hi everyone.

I am currently studying part-time while working full time. Do I need to state my studying on the application as the dates overlap?

Or should i just list my employment details?

sydcarton

Sep 4, 2015
Hi everyone.

I am currently studying part-time while working full time. Do I need to state my studying on the application as the dates overlap?

Or should i just list my employment details?
Hi you need to list both: studying part time on one line and working full time on another line.

sujani

Aug 6, 2011
Hello All,

I am married even before I got my PR. I changed my whole name (not just last name or something) to a new name for marriage (religious) purposes. My marriage document has both my old name and a new name, and I have NOT changed or put my new name in any of the Canadian documents like PR, driver's license and even my country passport (considering processing times).

I am now eligible for citizenship and while filling up my citizenship application, I am really confused for section 4 (b) question:

Question is:

Have you changed your name or gender designation since becoming a Permanent residence?

1)Should I say "Yes" or "No" because I did not legally change my name in any documents after marriage.
2)While checking on document list, should I check the photocopies of a name change (will include my marriage certificate)

citzjan2020

Jan 25, 2020
Hi @spyfy ,
In question 11, it asks ti state about employed, unemployed, study details.
What to do if during my period of unemployment, I was in and out of Canada. Because it asks for addresses. So confused what do do.

Also, I have a small part time registered business along with my full time job. Do I mention that in question 11 in the 2nd row (as the 1st row mentions my full time job) or mention that in a separate explanation letter? My concern is what if it gives an error or the dates don't match?

Thanks for your time.

citzjan2020

Jan 25, 2020
@spyfy
I just checked that in the physical presence calculator printout, all the 'absences' from Canada are listed properly except one where I think there is a calculation error from the system. From Aug 2015 to Jan 2015 it is slightly less than 160 days but the calculator shows 79.5 days. Is it possible or am I missing something? I double checked the dates entered. Thank you.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
@spyfy
I just checked that in the physical presence calculator printout, all the 'absences' from Canada are listed properly except one where I think there is a calculation error from the system. From Aug 2015 to Jan 2015 it is slightly less than 160 days but the calculator shows 79.5 days. Is it possible or am I missing something? I double checked the dates entered. Thank you.
So when did you become a PR given the figure seems close to the pre PR half days ? What are the exact dates from 8/2015 - 1/2016 ?