+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

C-6 Citizenship Applications, Frequently Asked Questions

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes I am definitely wrong, this trend will clarify everything.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/passport-country-of-issue.108174/

Place of Issue: Toronto, Country of Issue: India.

Ok- Now I am back to square one. I was convinced that I need to write - Place of Issue- Toronto, and Country of Issue- India, since it is an Indian passport.
Sadly- my passport bio page only mentions Place of Issue and not Country of Issue, and I am racking my brains to figure out the right answer.

Reactions: wolfpack27616

Dimahq

Nov 22, 2012
When you filled out the residency calculator the very first questio you were asked was "enter the date you will sign the application". You must have filled in something there. And that is the date you have to sign the application. Easy as that.
Thanx SPFY you are the best..i thought the same but you know last minutes checks

ksa0510

Champion Member
Feb 11, 2014
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-07-2014
Nomination.....
04-11-2014
AOR Received.
04-11-2014
IELTS Request
03-07-2014
File Transfer...
09-07-2014
Med's Request
18-05-2015
Med's Done....
03-06-2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
24-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
10-07-2015
LANDED..........
21-07-2015
Thanks a lot! KSA050 made me worried above! I think I need to take some time off from thinking what could have gone wrong with my application. Maybe a trip to Germany would help ;)
Write all your addresses inside and outside of Canada you used during your eligibility period, including the postal codes, starting with your current home address. If you were residing, employed or attending school outside Canada, you must list all of your foreign addresses, including the postal codes or ZIP codes. Press the (+) plus button if you need more space.

Provide information that covers the entire eligibility period. Do not leave any gaps during this period and do not leave this section blank. If you do, your application will be returned to you.

CEC_1304

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2014
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
02-May 2015
Ok- Now I am back to square one. I was convinced that I need to write - Place of Issue- Toronto, and Country of Issue- India, since it is an Indian passport.
Sadly- my passport bio page only mentions Place of Issue and not Country of Issue, and I am racking my brains to figure out the right answer.
Brother I can 100% assure you Place of issue will be Toronto in your case and Country of Issue will be India

Guide clearly says

Check either yes or no.
  • If you check yes, complete the chart labeled Table A in question 14 by including
    1. the document number
    2. the name of the country that issued the document (issuing authority)
    3. the place (city or town) the document was issued
Good Luck

CEC_1304

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2014
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
02-May 2015
Hi Members,

For the family Application (4 member) Do i need to attach receipt copy 4 times (each set with application ) so that it will match with check list ?

Please suggest

Thanks

wolfpack27616

Apr 10, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Brother I can 100% assure you Place of issue will be Toronto in your case and Country of Issue will be India

Guide clearly says

Check either yes or no.
  • If you check yes, complete the chart labeled Table A in question 14 by including
    1. the document number
    2. the name of the country that issued the document (issuing authority)
    3. the place (city or town) the document was issued
Good Luck
Yeah- I ended up reading the guide and seeing exactly what you had pasted in bold font. I thought I would post out here so that this question can be put to rest (and hopefully others searching in the future would know the answer you had given me earlier was correct). But you beat me to it.

Thanks again and good luck to you as well!

wolfpack27616

Apr 10, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Members,

For the family Application (4 member) Do i need to attach receipt copy 4 times (each set with application ) so that it will match with check list ?

Please suggest

Thanks
It does not hurt at all. I ended up including the same receipt twice (for my wife and I) even though I paid for both of us in 1 transaction and hence got only 1 receipt.
I included one copy along with my application, and another along with hers.

Logically one receipt would suffice, but including one copy per member of family does not hurt. (especially if every member's application and their supporting documents are all stapled separately).

CEC_1304

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2014
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
02-May 2015
It does not hurt at all. I ended up including the same receipt twice (for my wife and I) even though I paid for both of us in 1 transaction and hence got only 1 receipt.
I included one copy along with my application, and another along with hers.

Logically one receipt would suffice, but including one copy per member of family does not hurt. (especially if every member's application and their supporting documents are all stapled separately).
Thanks so much Make sense to include 4 times same receipt
Just one more silly Question :) application Form prints we have to take one side or both side , is there any restriction or rule ?

Thanks

wolfpack27616

Apr 10, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks so much Make sense to include 4 times same receipt
Just one more silly Question :) application Form prints we have to take one side or both side , is there any restriction or rule ?

Thanks
I printed out single side. I figured now's not the time for being environment friendly. I wanted to make it easier for the case officer reviewing my file to have all the documents (application, checklist, supporting documents, receipt etc) printed out single sided, just to stay consistent.

Downside- it's not environment friendly, and thicker package- but I was comfortable with my reasoning and choice. I guess you need to go with what you are comfortable with. Good luck!

gillmd

Feb 10, 2016
It's the same for every Indians passport, country of issue is not mentioned. Since India is the country which issued your passport, your country of issue will be India for sure

sandra001

Dec 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2015
Doc's Request.
October 28th, PCC. Doc. received by CIO Nov. 9th.
Nomination.....
January 14, 2015
AOR Received.
19-06-2015
Med's Request
September 10, 2015.
Med's Done....
Sept. 21th, 2015., Med. received Oct. 29th, 2015.
Passport Req..
Feb. 9th, 2016.
LANDED..........
Inland
Does someone know if IELTS Academic and CELPIP General instead of LS would be acceptable for the application?

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
Does someone know if IELTS Academic and CELPIP General instead of LS would be acceptable for the application?
IELTS academic is not accepted.

From the guide

Examples of third-party tests include:

• Canadian English Language Proficiency Index Program General Test (CELPIP-G) or the CELPIP-General LS (listening and speaking).
    • If you took the test after April 1, 2014, you must have a score of level 4 or higher in listening and speaking.
    • If you took the test before April 1, 2014, you must have a score of 2H or higher (i.e., 3L, 3H, 4L, 4H, 5L, or 5H) in listening and speaking.
  • International English Language Testing System (IELTS), general training, not the academic version You must have a score of:
    • 4.0 or higher in speaking and
    • 4.5 or higher in listening. (Note: If the test was done before November 28, 2008, we will accept a level 4 or higher)
  • Test d’Évaluation de Français (TEF), Test d’Évaluation du Français adapté au Québec (TEFAQ) or TEF pour la naturalisation.
    • If you took the test after July 1st, 2012, you must have a score of:
      • Niveau B1 or higher, (i.e. B2, C1 or C2) in Compréhension de l’oral and Expression orale
    • If you took the test before July 1st, 2012, you must have a score of:
      • Niveau 3 or higher in Compréhension de l’oral and Expression orale. (Note: if you took the Test d’Évaluation de Français (TEF) before July 1st, 2012, you need a level 3 for expression orale only. This applies only to the TEF and not the TEFAQ or TEF pour la naturalisation.
    We will accept the following proof if you have submitted them in the past for immigration purposes to Quebec (note: these tests align with the échelle québécoise and not officially with CLB/NCLC 4):
    • Diplôme approfondi de langue française (DALF) – All test results
    • Diplôme d’études en langue française (DELF) – Level B1 or higher
    • Test de connaissance du français(TCF) – Niveau B1 or higher
    • Test de connaissance du français pour le Québec (TCFQ) – Niveau B1 or higher