+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

C-6 Citizenship Applications, Frequently Asked Questions

Canven84

Oct 17, 2017
Guys - i forgot to ask:
currently, my accumulative days in the USA in the past 4 years is under 183 days but quite close. with my planned up coming trips in Nov and Dec, it will go over 183 days. However, i sent my application in on Oct 16th. signed the copy when it was still under 183 days.

Do i have to inform IRCC about the upcoming trips (less than 2 weeks in a row)?
No, you don't need to inform IRCC about the upcoming trips that are less than 2 weeks in a row, and with the applications increase there's a reasonable chance that we won't get AOR by Nov/Dec.

As long as you submitted all the documents that applied during your Eligibility Period you shouldn't worry too much about Police Certificates, etc.

Reactions: csang

dustincarlisle

Apr 30, 2014
Canada
Hello Future Canadians,

I have a question and I hope someone can help me figure out.
So I got my PR Oct2014, but got married here in canada 2013. My name in all of my documents that I used including my PR documents are maiden name. I never changed and have not change my maiden name since then. So what I did, I answered "NO" in Question #5: Have you changed your name or sex designation since becoming a PR? I put N/A in Question #6: List all names that you have used, including name at birth, maiden name, previously married name, aliases & nicknames.

But I submitted my Marriage Cert because I have the intention of changing my last name to Married name, but I failed in Question #5. I just realized that I should have chosen "YES" and not the "NO" so it will populate a field where to put my desired name on the citizenship cert. I dont know what to do. I hope the officer will call me instead of returning the whole package back.

One more mistake is that my husband mailed the package thru canada post via regular mail but the address in the package is the one for courier.

My mind is been spinning since last week because of these mistakes!!!

wildeditor

Oct 23, 2017
Hi @spyfy.
I am having trouble trying to figure out Question 13, due to how you define the word 'immigration'.
"Have you ever had immigration or citizenship status in any country other than Canada, including your country of birth?"

Are they asking if one ever lived in a country where they intended to become a citizen? Or are we supposed to list every country we resided in, regardless if the intention was for citizenship purposes?

For example: Say your native country is Lebanon, which you have had citizenship since the day you were born. But you were actually born in Ghana, where you grew up and attended school for the first 15 years of your life but never acquired Ghanian citizenship, nor did you intend to do so. Later on in life, you lived in Thailand for 7 years solely for employment purposes.
Technically, you were a resident of both Ghana and Thailand. So for Question 13c, would you need to list all three countries as follows:
Lebanon - citizen
Ghana - resident (living with family) & student
Thailand - employment

Or, do you ignore Ghana and Thailand completely?

Last edited:

baba123sai1

Star Member
Mar 5, 2014
Q: 14 a) : Do we need to mention Canadian PR# and work permit# details in that table? or only other country details CIC care about?

Kamran2015

Star Member
Feb 9, 2015
After I fill the form and print it out Q11 information about employer adreess are cutted! And I do have newest version of adobe reader!
Did you had some issue,did you use new form?
I had the same problem: I had many addresses and at the end when the form became too large, the information got "cut" and did not show anymore. My solution was to transfer some of the info to another page (add an extra page), initialize it, name it and mention it both in my cover letter and on the page where question 11 was mentioned so it doesn't get lost.

UrbanGabru

Oct 23, 2017
Toronto
Hi guys! a quick question.

Do we need to attach TRV's, study permit or work permit copies as a supporting documents in general with the application to show the proof of physical presence before the PR ? as the details entered in the physical presence calculator

zztop

Star Member
Oct 21, 2017
Hi guys! a quick question.

Do we need to attach TRV's, study permit or work permit copies as a supporting documents in general with the application to show the proof of physical presence before the PR ? as the details entered in the physical presence calculator
I don't think so,PR card number + SIN number its enough to verify everything that office needs

Kjacques

Oct 23, 2017
I used my home address for question 11 that corresponds to work information :( and my spouse name in the contact as a mean to confirm that I'm physically there during my work period. I'm so worried that my app will be returned due to this. any ideas?
Regarding to the gap. I put e.g, 2013-10 ended my first job and 2013-11 started my next job. Would this be sufficient and appropriate? it does not show the date when printed the form.
Thank you in advance

ray1022

Oct 12, 2017
Hello everyone,

I am planning to send my application on Nov 30 and I realized I am going on vacation leaving on Dec 14 and returning on Dec 29 to Canada.

1. Do I need to update this to CIC?
2. How do i do it if I dont have a AOR?

Please help

sho78

Sep 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8-7-2011 (recieved by CIO), CC charged on 16-Aug
Doc's Request.
Sent with the application
AOR Received.
PER received 29th Sept
IELTS Request
Sent with the application
Med's Request
07-03-2012
Med's Done....
12-03-2012, Recd by VO on 16-03-2012, Medical received line added 24-04-12
Passport Req..
14-May-2012
VISA ISSUED...
17-06-2012
No is the way to go for me, you check Yes only if you want to claim time outside Canada. If you do then you must meet the criteria listed in the Help guide. hope this brings some light.
Have you called CIC to clarify this question as mentioned?

Kamran2015

Star Member
Feb 9, 2015
Hi @spyfy.
I am having trouble trying to figure out Question 13c, due to how you define the word 'immigration'.
"Have you ever had immigration or citizenship status in any country other than Canada, including your country of birth?"

Are they asking if one ever lived in a country where they intended to become a citizen? Or are we supposed to list every country we resided in, regardless if the intention was for citizenship purposes?

For example: Say your native country is Lebanon, which you have had citizenship since the day you were born. But you were actually born in Ghana, where you grew up and attended school for the first 15 years of your life but never acquired Ghanian citizenship, nor did you intend to do so. Later on in life, you lived in Thailand for 7 years solely for employment purposes.
Technically, you were a resident of both Ghana and Thailand. So for Question 13c, would you need to list all three countries as follows:
Lebanon - citizen
Ghana - resident (living with family) & student
Thailand - employment

Or, do you ignore Ghana and Thailand completely?
If you click on the help button and read carefully, it does ask you to mention if you have had student or worker status in another country.

wildeditor

Oct 23, 2017
If you click on the help button and read carefully, it does ask you to mention if you have had student or worker status in another country.
Exactly my point. The original question does not reflect the details in the help menu. In fact it’s a bit contradictory.