+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

C-6 Citizenship Applications, Frequently Asked Questions

usaorcanada

May 17, 2017
Hello everyone,
For the Q 11 if I am unemployed during certain period of time what should I mention in name of contact, phone number and email?
Any help appreciated,
Thanks

bonehme

Oct 20, 2017
My two cents: after getting AOR (file reference number), send IRCC a letter (I believe through the webform) explaining that you missed the info, and they can add it to your file.

The photo spec was last updated on August 23, and hasn't changed for C6 applicants. If you got your photos clicked in September (im assuming based on the spec from august, size 50mmx70mm), then you'll be fine. DId you submit all your family member's applications in the same envelope ? Writing on envelope is probably ok as long as you wrote it for everyone in your family. Not a 100% sure on this. Could depend on the officer screening your file.
Thanks dude.

Dimahq

Nov 22, 2012
Does Q13 apply for the eligibility period only or even before getting your lan

First of all, it's not fraud. For fraud, you would have had to intentionally withhold/alter information. In the very worst case they would not accept your application and you have to reapply. But you do NOT face any charges for it, no worries.

Secondly, it definitely can't hurt that once you received AOR you submit that additional info. Simply write it down and mention that you misread the instructions.

Here is the information on how to do that:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp

Please note that you have to wait for AOR (usually 4-6 weeks) before you can submit anything.

Kamran2015

Star Member
Feb 9, 2015
Hi Spyfy, thanks for your forum and help so far.

I made the following mistake: on question 13, on top of my country of citizneship, I forgot to mention that I was a student in UAE (I didnt consider student to be an immigration status). I must mention that if the officer digs deep enough, Immigration Canada knows about this as I received my first Canadian visa from UAE while giving all my student status docs in UAE. So it is not something I was tryign to hide. Yet, I know I had to mention it and I both didnt know and I also forgot as it was 15 years ago.

I have to fix it and need your advice: will this be something I should worry too much about? When sending the additional info on the webform (after receiving the AOR), should I include a signed cover letter and/or question 13 page again with the the additional info? (Sending that 1 page of CIT0002 which contains question 13 again while either initializing it or signing it)?

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
Hi Spyfy, thanks for your forum and help so far.

I made the following mistake: on question 13, on top of my country of citizneship, I forgot to mention that I was a student in UAE (I didnt consider student to be an immigration status). I must mention that if the officer digs deep enough, Immigration Canada knows about this as I received my first Canadian visa from UAE while giving all my student status docs in UAE. So it is not something I was tryign to hide. Yet, I know I had to mention it and I both didnt know and I also forgot as it was 15 years ago.

I have to fix it and need your advice: will this be something I should worry too much about? When sending the additional info on the webform (after receiving the AOR), should I include a signed cover letter and/or question 13 page again with the the additional info? (Sending that 1 page of CIT0002 which contains question 13 again while either initializing it or signing it)?

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!
Don't worry too much. Just send a paragraph via Webforum explaining your misunderstanding

Reactions: Kamran2015

HeroMember

Star Member
Oct 26, 2016
Hello @spyfy,

Can you please guide if I have to list the landing (flag-poling) I did at Canada-US border when I got my PR. I am asking about listing it in the list of absences from Canada when filling the physical presence calculator. The instructions in the presence calculator says, "Day trips, i.e., absences where you left Canada and came back on the same day must be declared."

If we do need to declare it, can you please guide how we should write it. I mean what do we put it in the destination field? What wording should we use in the reason field. Please guide. Thanks a lot!

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
Hello @spyfy,

Can you please guide if I have to list the landing (flag-poling) I did at Canada-US border when I got my PR. I am asking about listing it in the list of absences from Canada when filling the physical presence calculator. The instructions in the presence calculator says, "Day trips, i.e., absences where you left Canada and came back on the same day must be declared."

If we do need to declare it, can you please guide how we should write it. I mean what do we put it in the destination field? What wording should we use in the reason field. Please guide. Thanks a lot!
Yes, declare it. There is no perfect wording. Just describe what this trip was. These are humans reading your application.

Reactions: HeroMember

zztop

Star Member
Oct 21, 2017
Hello Spyfy
Can you please help Regarding Q11 in Application form for citizenship. After I Print ou form Q11 info is half cutted? Please help