spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
Hi spyfy,

Sometimes, I use my last name spelled differently (the difference is in one letter). I use this another spelling is some semi-official circumstances, like when they ask you name but do not actually ask for the proof or at my website.
And I forgot to mention this another spelling in Q6. Unfortunately, it is easy to google - when you google my name, both spellings appear and it is obvious, that both refer to me.
Do you think this is a serious mistake? Is it "false representation"?
It is not misrepresentation.

No one on here knows what is a serious mistake or not. The best thing after sending your citizenship application is to not think about it for a month. Thinking won't make it any better. Wait until you get AOR or until they send it back to you. There is literally nothing you can do until then, except go crazy over every single detail :)

gino007

Star Member
Oct 19, 2017
Hi Spyfy!
Are there any statistics on how long it takes that (God willingly not) they would send back an application for being incomplete or for some other issue? I am planning to travel and want to make sure it wont happen. Thanks!

Karami

Oct 19, 2017
@spyfy :

Please I have some questions I appreciate if someone can take the time to answer them.

i) question 6: my legal name is Rami but in university only I used Ramy (thinking it will be more sexy !! Looool)... so legally, I have never used Ramy... on my passport it is Rami... The questions: shall I listed ?

ii) question 9c) I lived outside Canada but not as crown servant nor as accompaniying a crown servant... How shall I answer this question

iii) question 11) what contact I shall mention when I was un-employed? a friend? N/a??

iiii) the online calculator: it is only asking when I left Canada and when I return from Canada.... (I recently applied for new PR card which I got it) ... in PR application, they were asking for more details... Let me give an example: If I left Canada to Lebanon ... then Lebanon to Qatar .... then Qatar to Dubai ... then Dubai to Qatar.... then Qatar to Canada.... the question is: I am not supposed to fill the interim dates only when I left and when I returned... Am I correct??? or it is recommended to mention those details in the free text....

Appreciate ur reply....

ChippyBoy

Dec 5, 2016
@spyfy :

Please I have some questions I appreciate if someone can take the time to answer them.

i) question 6: my legal name is Rami but in university only I used Ramy (thinking it will be more sexy !! Looool)... so legally, I have never used Ramy... on my passport it is Rami... The questions: shall I listed ?

ii) question 9c) I lived outside Canada but not as crown servant nor as accompaniying a crown servant... How shall I answer this question

iii) question 11) what contact I shall mention when I was un-employed? a friend? N/a??

iiii) the online calculator: it is only asking when I left Canada and when I return from Canada.... (I recently applied for new PR card which I got it) ... in PR application, they were asking for more details... Let me give an example: If I left Canada to Lebanon ... then Lebanon to Qatar .... then Qatar to Dubai ... then Dubai to Qatar.... then Qatar to Canada.... the question is: I am not supposed to fill the interim dates only when I left and when I returned... Am I correct??? or it is recommended to mention those details in the free text....

Appreciate ur reply....
(i.) Yes, I think that you ought to list any alternative spellings/renditions of your name which you've either used or have been known by by people or groups or institutions in your past. This is done for completeness' sake, for being totally upfront about everything, so that nothing 'red flags' your citizenship application to hold you up.

(ii.) The most excellent SPYFY actually addressed this query/quandary in his very first post on this thread.

(iii.) Did you have a social security person or an immigrant counsellor or a volunteer or a priest or any kindly person helping you who you could list there? Your solicitor or bank manager or doctor?

(iv.) The calculator is solely for determining whether or not one has met the requisite residency requirements to be able to apply for citizenship. So it doesn't care where you were/went for its calculational purposes. But I think it would be wise to follow the most excellent SPYFY's general advice (page one of this thread) and to attach an accompanying explanatory page providing details of your travels/itineraries.

Good luck with your application.

HeroMember

Star Member
Oct 26, 2016
Hi @spyfy,
Please help on this one.

Q10b asks to list the countries for which you have to provide the PCC. I was just wondering after listing the country what do I have to write in the explanation column? There is an explanation column right next to the column where we list the countries.

I have the required PCC with me. I am just not sure what to write in the explanation column. Do I leave it empty or say N/A?

Please help.

Thanks.

HeroMember

Star Member
Oct 26, 2016
Also @spyfy, can you please update your wiki with more FAQs. I think there are many more FAQs that can be added to your wiki now. Appreciate all the help you provide on this forum.

ManjuCa

Star Member
Nov 14, 2012
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
29-11-2012
Doc's Request.
CC charged 9-1-2013
Nomination.....
29-10-2012
AOR Received.
22-01-2013
IELTS Request
Not Applicable
File Transfer...
to local VO 7-03-2013
Med's Request
22-12-2013
Med's Done....
29-12-2014 and again 07-01-2014 "med recieved" 14--1-2014
Passport Req..
22-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
28-01-2014
LANDED..........
15-06-2014
Hello @spyfy and other knowledgeable members,

I apologize if this question was already answered - I can't find an answer anywhere.
We are supposed to provide PCC for spending over 183 days in Israel during the past 4 years. The Israeli police will only send the certificate to an embassy and the embassy will send it to CIC - I cannot find any instructions on how that's done - will the CIC simply locate our file and attach the police certificate to it? are there any special instruction we should give the embassy before sending the PCC over to CIC? I'm afraid it'll get lost there. Has anyone here experienced such a situation?
Thanks!
ManjuCa

Hi I'm trying my luck again here. couldn't find a reply to my question since...

robw

Mar 10, 2014
(iv.) The calculator is solely for determining whether or not one has met the requisite residency requirements to be able to apply for citizenship. So it doesn't care where you were/went for its calculational purposes. But I think it would be wise to follow the most excellent SPYFY's general advice (page one of this thread) and to attach an accompanying explanatory page providing details of your travels/itineraries..
There's a reason why they give you a box with a 400 word limit on each trip you take...they don't want to read a whole essay about where you went and what you did lol.

You can very easily fit the reasons for travelling to multiple places within that word limit. Just be concise. You went to Lebanon to "visit family". You went to Cuba for "vacation". You traveled to USA to "attend a conference" or "work trip". That's it.

robw

Mar 10, 2014
Hi I'm trying my luck again here. couldn't find a reply to my question since...
Surely there are many other Israelis who have gone through the process. Can't you tap into your network and ask around how others dealt with this? Also, surely the embassy has had to deal with your type of request before, no? Why can't you get a PCC for your own records anyway?!

In any case, if you don't get a good response from the embassy, I would suggest this:

- Send your application minus PCC
- Include a cover letter explaining that the Israeli embassy will be sending the PCC directly to the CIC
- Instruct the embassy to include with your PCC a document stating your full name and, most importantly, your UCI (client number) inside the envelope
- The folks at the Sydney office will attach your PCC to your file once they receive the PCC. It will not get lost. They deal with additional documents all the time :)

There's not much else you can do really.

Again, that's assuming the embassy continue pretending like they haven't dealt with the PCC request before.

Ali78

Star Member
Apr 15, 2013
Canada
LANDED..........
20-Mar-2014
Hey guys

has anyone been in a situation where they lived in Dubai during the first year of eligibility period (last 4 yrs) and has taken a Dubai police certificate from Canada recently. If yes I would be highly thankful,if you can list the steps to do it from Canada. I left Dubai 3 yrs ago and settled here and I don't have Emirates ID copy though.

jar11

Oct 16, 2017
Hi i have question, I went to border crossing to USA from Calgary that day system was not working they send be back. later i got PR from calgary cic Office. do i have to still enter the date on the Physical Presence Calculator? Please advice me, Thanks

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
Also @spyfy, can you please update your wiki with more FAQs. I think there are many more FAQs that can be added to your wiki now. Appreciate all the help you provide on this forum.
will try to do!

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
Hi @spyfy,
Please help on this one.

Q10b asks to list the countries for which you have to provide the PCC. I was just wondering after listing the country what do I have to write in the explanation column? There is an explanation column right next to the column where we list the countries.

I have the required PCC with me. I am just not sure what to write in the explanation column. Do I leave it empty or say N/A?

Please help.

Thanks.
IF you can't provide a certificate, THEN you need to explain

Reactions: HeroMember