+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

C-6 Citizenship Applications, Frequently Asked Questions

muhammad092

Mar 9, 2017
Thanks @spyfy

I was in Pakistan before landing in Nov 2014 so I suppose I need Police Clarence from Pakistan since I was there (as Pakistani Citizen) for more than 183 days.
I got issued Police Clarence from my District Police Officer (SSP) through my brother in Pakistan. Now I'll get this clearance certificate from foreign office, Pakistan
My question is, do I need to get that certificate attested by Pakistan embassy Toronto / notary public or similar official?

Hi, did you figure out ; do you need a notary public stamp?

smoove1

Oct 19, 2017
Hi

I have an issue and need your advice if you could

Regarding Q13 in the Adult application ( about if I ever had immigration status )
When I answered the question, I actually thought it asks if I have other citizenship, so I listed only my other citizenship. However, Next day after I mailed my application, I read again the application carefully and I realized that Q13 is actually asking about any immigration info like if I had worker or student or permanent resident status in addition to citizenship status, which I had and have.

Now what is the situation, will that cause in returning the application or IRCC will think it's a fraud, or is there a chance to provide the missing information somehow.

Thanks in advance for your advices

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
Hi

I have an issue and need your advice if you could

Regarding Q13 in the Adult application ( about if I ever had immigration status )
When I answered the question, I actually thought it asks if I have other citizenship, so I listed only my other citizenship. However, Next day after I mailed my application, I read again the application carefully and I realized that Q13 is actually asking about any immigration info like if I had worker or student or permanent resident status in addition to citizenship status, which I had and have.

Now what is the situation, will that cause in returning the application or IRCC will think it's a fraud, or is there a chance to provide the missing information somehow.

Thanks in advance for your advices
First of all, it's not fraud. For fraud, you would have had to intentionally withhold/alter information. In the very worst case they would not accept your application and you have to reapply. But you do NOT face any charges for it, no worries.

Secondly, it definitely can't hurt that once you received AOR you submit that additional info. Simply write it down and mention that you misread the instructions.

Here is the information on how to do that:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp

Please note that you have to wait for AOR (usually 4-6 weeks) before you can submit anything.

Reactions: smoove1 and IXIA150

GBH

Jul 25, 2014
Hi @spyfy
I just had a query about Q6:
I have never had any other names in my life, only the name by which I am applying, do I need to mention that in the Q6? I have for now put in N/A in the table
Secondly after I apply I am going to leave for my home country in Dec, I havnt applied yet, should I put that in the application? I suppose we cant put future dates in the application

Last edited:

alibhai800

Star Member
Jul 6, 2011
Dubai
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-12-2009
Doc's Request.
12-02-2010
File Transfer...
17-02-2010
Med's Request
15-06-2011 & 23-07-2012
Med's Done....
03-07-2011 & 13-08-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
September 15 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Stamped on October 5 2012, Came back on Oct 15th 2012
LANDED..........
February 2013... InshaAllah
Hello friends, my day trips to USA via car are around 30. So do i need to list all the day trips in the calculator?

muhammad092

Mar 9, 2017
Hi,
During my stay in Canada- I stayed in no lease apartments- and I never updated my address on ID's and other documents? Do I need to still report those addresses?

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
Hi @spyfy
I just had a query about Q6:
I have never had any other names in my life, only the name by which I am applying, do I need to mention that in the Q6? I have for now put in N/A in the table
Secondly after I apply I am going to leave for my home country in Dec, I havnt applied yet, should I put that in the application? I suppose we cant put future dates in the application
To be extra safe, you can list the name in Q6 again. It can't hurt (but I don't think it's a big deal if you don't list it).

No, you can't report future absences. But you don't need to. The physical presence calculation is only done for days before the day you signed the application, no matter how long it takes them to "open" you application.

Reactions: GBH

GBH

Jul 25, 2014
To be extra safe, you can list the name in Q6 again. It can't hurt (but I don't think it's a big deal if you don't list it).

No, you can't report future absences. But you don't need to. The physical presence calculation is only done for days before the day you signed the application, no matter how long it takes them to "open" you application.
Thanks a lot :)

alibhai800

Star Member
Jul 6, 2011
Dubai
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-12-2009
Doc's Request.
12-02-2010
File Transfer...
17-02-2010
Med's Request
15-06-2011 & 23-07-2012
Med's Done....
03-07-2011 & 13-08-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
September 15 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Stamped on October 5 2012, Came back on Oct 15th 2012
LANDED..........
February 2013... InshaAllah
thank you razorblade, so will it make sense if i follow the entry and exit records from the i94 website? Because I do not remember every date

Correct. Says so in the FAQs

muhammad092

Mar 9, 2017
Hi spyfy,
Hi,
During my stay in Canada- I stayed in no lease apartments- and I never updated my address on ID's and other documents? Do I need to still report those addresses?

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
thank you razorblade, so will it make sense if i follow the entry and exit records from the i94 website? Because I do not remember every date
i94 dates have been quite accurate in the past 3-4 years, however best would be to either check your credit card statements and correlate with the records. Or even apply for your CBSA entry/exit records (takes 4-5 weeks) to receive.

Make sure you have enough buffer so incase you do miss mentioning some entry/exits, you're fine.

haven_asdn

May 27, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
cpp-ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-10-2012
AOR Received.
28-11-2012
Med's Request
11-12-2012
Med's Done....
14-12-2012
Interview........
NA, RPRF request: 25-06-2013
Passport Req..
Week 4, November 2013
LANDED..........
already in canada
Hello:

1. About question no. 6, I never used any other names other than the name I used in answering question 4b. So Can I just leave section 6 blank in the form? Will that be a problem?

2. I have a masters degree certificate from Concordia University, Canada. But in the certificate, it is not written that the courses were in English or French. Although the full course was in English. Can I submit that copy of the certificate as a proof of my English proficiency? The logic is the university is inside Canada, so by default all the courses were in either English or in French.

Together

Star Member
Jul 5, 2017
Hi spyfy,

Sometimes, I use my last name spelled differently (the difference is in one letter). I use this another spelling is some semi-official circumstances, like when they ask you name but do not actually ask for the proof or at my website.
And I forgot to mention this another spelling in Q6. Unfortunately, it is easy to google - when you google my name, both spellings appear and it is obvious, that both refer to me.
Do you think this is a serious mistake? Is it "false representation"?

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
Hi spyfy,
Hi,
If you lived there, then yes.