Med's Done....
26-01-2015
Interview........
23-02-2016

Nina2017

Oct 14, 2017
Hi,
I have 2 questions.
1.. I got my SIN no in 2015, so I filled 2 year's tax; 2015 and 2016.
So still can I apply for citizenship? And how do you put ticks in both columns.

2... If we have to give some details, how and where can we write it. I mean should we use sticky notes or should use another sheet of paper..
Plz reply as I'm only stuck in tax section.
Thanks.

Imsaurav

Star Member
Oct 8, 2017
Hi,
I have 2 questions.

2... If we have to give some details, how and where can we write it. I mean should we use sticky notes or should use another sheet of paper..
Thanks.

You need to file at least 3/5 years of tax return. Everyone gets SIN as soon as they arrive in Canada including child. How come you didn't get it?

ranjan667

Mar 16, 2014
Hello.
1. I was on a study permit from feb 2012 to aug 2013. however, i got married in march 2013 and was on 'implied status' till i got my PR in feb 2014. any suggestions on how to enter this info. in the presence calculator.
2. Since my becoming a PR, I have made numerous trips across the border to the USA (to get gas). there is no way i can figure out the number of trips and the dates. There was only 1 trip where I stayed overnight for two nights. every other trip across the border was a vouple of hours at most. the calculator states that list all trips even day trips. how do i figure it out?
Thanks in advance

sopranotb

Star Member
Jul 18, 2015
Also the instructions guide in CIC website is still the old instructions guide.. It is still based on old application form not the new application form version released in october 2017

Whocares

Sep 20, 2010
Hi,
I have 2 questions.

Thanks.
The question is, are you required to file taxes? If yes then you have to file for 3 years, if you did not for a year because you were unemployed then not.

ssenjaliya

Star Member
Dec 8, 2012
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Spyfy!

I am silent follower of your posts since a long time and I appreciate your help to the people.

My situation is as follows:
I came to Canada as student in 2004 and went back home in 2008. I came back as Temporary worker in 2013 and since I am here. While filling up Citizenship form I came across a question "When did you came to Canada first time to live?" which date should I write? 2004 or 2013?

Please help. Thank you in advance.

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
Also the instructions guide in CIC website is still the old instructions guide.. It is still based on old application form not the new application form version released in october 2017
Instruction guide is definitely new. Check the date at the bottom left of the guide (scroll to the very bottom). I see "Date Modified: 2017-10-11" for minors and "Date Modified: 2017-10-12" for adults. If you see something older, I recommend clearing your browser cache, or trying a different browser like IE.

That being said, I didn't go through the minor's application forms/guides at all because it is not applicable to my case.

Also, recommend using the 'edit' button on your post if you want to correct or add more info. Avoids cluttering.

Last edited:

Spaniardo

Jul 7, 2017
After reading a few posts related to the immigration status in the forms and in the calculator now I am confused. Before PR i had 4 different work permits and i was also on implied status for a few months once. So what I did on the form was to list every work permit with the issue date and expiration date as it was reflected on the wp and also included a row for the months that I was on Implied status (where I stated that my status was "worker" since I kept working till i got my new wp. Then in the online calculator I just used a row using "worker" .As per my understanding that was the only status I had through all that time. Is there any issue having all those rows on the forms and just adding one in the calculator or should I have included the same lines used in the forms? At the end the number of days results the same in both since the only status i had was worker.

Paris971

Mar 12, 2017
I sent my application. I read it five times, had to go back to home because I made multiple mistake and saw them just before to close the envelope.

Hope everything is ok and will get my citizenship in 1 year !

Thanks to spyfy !!! You are the best !

Reactions: spyfy

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
Hi Spyfy!

I am silent follower of your posts since a long time and I appreciate your help to the people.

My situation is as follows:
I came to Canada as student in 2004 and went back home in 2008. I came back as Temporary worker in 2013 and since I am here. While filling up Citizenship form I came across a question "When did you came to Canada first time to live?" which date should I write? 2004 or 2013?

Please help. Thank you in advance.
Where exactly did you find that question? I might be blind but it seems to me that on the new 3/5 version of the form, that question is gone...

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
Hi,
I have 2 questions.

Thanks.
As the others already asked: You seem to be eligible for Citizenship, so you must have been in Canada for at least three years. What about 2014, why didn't you have a SIN back then/file taxes?

It all depends on the reason if it is OK or not.