+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BVL

Sp4Canada

Jan 28, 2021
all those applications got response within 45 days but this one is taking longer than that

also I updated SOP & Other CA docs this time than previous attempts

Daksh0512

Star Member
Feb 7, 2020
India
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
16-11-20202
Med's Request
19-01-2021
Med's Done....
27-01-2021
@Ironclad hey i got my ppr, now my passport has 2 years to expire and my course is 4 years. What should i do, should i renew my passport or not?
You’ll get the visa for 2 years meanwhile apply for new passport.

Ironclad

Champion Member
Aug 17, 2020
Canada
@Ironclad hey i got my ppr, now my passport has 2 years to expire and my course is 4 years. What should i do, should i renew my passport or not?
If you are renewing making sure the visa affixed on the previous passport is not cancelled and make sure you carry the two passports everywhere.

If you received the dates for 2 years, only option is to file for an extension within Canada, it's not a big deal.

So it seems getting two AIPs helps dramatically.

theyahyak

Star Member
Sep 7, 2020
I dont have visa stamped on previous passport tho, im travelling for the first time, in my passport request it says my passport should be valid for the expected duration of stay, by stay do they mean my course? If yes then shouldn't i renew my passport because my old one has 2 years to expore and my course is 4 years. I dont have a visa affixed to my old passport

Daksh0512

Star Member
Feb 7, 2020
India
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
16-11-20202
Med's Request
19-01-2021
Med's Done....
27-01-2021
I dont have visa stamped on previous passport tho, im travelling for the first time, in my passport request it says my passport should be valid for the expected duration of stay, by stay do they mean my course? If yes then shouldn't i renew my passport because my old one has 2 years to expore and my course is 4 years. I dont have a visa affixed to my old passport
It is not a issue, just carry both of your passport. Have you first stamped and travel asap simultaneously apply for new one

Ironclad

Champion Member
Aug 17, 2020
Canada
They won't issue dates beyond the expiry date. It's stated in their website. There's no point in renewing other than getting a renewed passport since you still get the same dates. It's up to you though. In case you still renew before affixing, send in both the passports.

What I did : renewed my passport during the processing and sent it ( the new passport number was updated in the GCMS )
When the visa got affixed I got the right dates with 10 months extra for unknown reasons. Just got lucky as many who sent their new passport didn't have their travel doc updated in the GCMS. It's a gamble. I suggest anyone to just submit a new passport initially when filing the application to avoid all these complications and uncertainties.

theyahyak

Star Member
Sep 7, 2020
Yes but your dates will be only up to the expiry mark ( X.X.2022) .
Okay but what am i going to do after it expires? Also when i travel wouldn't immigration officers will ask that your course is for 4 years but the stamp is only calid for 2? Im sorry im just confused and worried