+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BVL received, How long for ppr?

rogerdude1

Apr 24, 2021
@Alpha_Wolf your profile seems strong and IRCC once clears you on the 'Bonafide' front , then language, being NOT a requirement in non-SDS won't become a problem and even if they have a doubt, IRCC's internal study program delivery guidelines state that a VO can request a document (IELTS scores) and keep the file open for 30/60 days and can also extend it for another 30 days if they think it is something affected by COVID. But VOs are experienced folks, I think an approval awaits you albeit slightly late. But from monday, word is that 2-W courier should open so fingers crossed!

jellybai01

Star Member
Apr 22, 2021
Most probably yes. Coz they are workin on direct submission rather than two way courier service. So passports can be stamped in twodays .
Sorry but what is the difference between direct submission and two way courier service ? I thought all the submissions were directly to the IRCC? I’m not sure how to phrase it correctly :|

Alpha_Wolf

Jun 9, 2021
I dnt tink i said wrong about non sds coz students think if they are having 5.5 in one or two module they can go with non sds but non sds is not just about ielts . Ircc counts every dactor academic, future prospects and finances too. If ou read my earlier reply i talked about bands so i replied this. Best of luck to you man. We need kinda patience to understand what a person trying to say its just opinion you are talkig it on you it was just about who think only bands can give them visa or sds non sds can
You want to take this further? I will tell you what. On my earlier posts and posts on others, you replied with one line only. Whats the IELTS band?

I got accepted to the US and Canada. And never gave any english language tests. Only California needs in the US too as a state rule.

See, your fixation with IELTS band is seen in many. They are 12th pass or Graduate. But all they have under academics is IELTS.
Why did you not ask me my GMAT/GRE/PTE?

There are many boarding the train to diploma mills on suggestions of a few people and all they have is IELTS. How good do you think the school is who only asks for IELTS for a program that is definitely not a PhD English! Moreover what school worth its salt will ask for money in full before you even have a confirmed visa??
Money minting that’s all.

SDS was brought to shorten the time for people who are okay with paying upfront and reduce documentation for IRCC and that’s why medical and IELTS became mandatory that’s all. Even top university offers SDS option but that’s neither the only option nor is it the preferred one (given the fees, oh boy).

Peace out. I didn’t misunderstand you. I just read a pattern of posting. I am sorry if I hurt you. But the truth is a bitter pill to swallow.

Alpha_Wolf

Jun 9, 2021
@Alpha_Wolf your profile seems strong and IRCC once clears you on the 'Bonafide' front , then language, being NOT a requirement in non-SDS won't become a problem and even if they have a doubt, IRCC's internal study program delivery guidelines state that a VO can request a document (IELTS scores) and keep the file open for 30/60 days and can also extend it for another 30 days if they think it is something affected by COVID. But VOs are experienced folks, I think an approval awaits you albeit slightly late. But from monday, word is that 2-W courier should open so fingers crossed!
Yes man. Also, I told in earlier posts about the 100% true scenarios of IELTS. Some people from my batch got that query. Some were confident and threw the waiver letter once agin in the face and some took IELTS to reduce resistance.

I always thought my profile was strong before IRCC showed me my place.Lol
i know approval is around the corner (vibes) but last year I resigned from my job and had to join back (I didn’t want to start my US MBA from online medium for 1 semester). So I am just a little jittery this time around ahaha.

• Haha
Reactions: rogerdude1

pritz_90

Jun 8, 2021
You want to take this further? I will tell you what. On my earlier posts and posts on others, you replied with one line only. Whats the IELTS band?

I got accepted to the US and Canada. And never gave any english language tests. Only California needs in the US too as a state rule.

See, your fixation with IELTS band is seen in many. They are 12th pass or Graduate. But all they have under academics is IELTS.
Why did you not ask me my GMAT/GRE/PTE?

There are many boarding the train to diploma mills on suggestions of a few people and all they have is IELTS. How good do you think the school is who only asks for IELTS for a program that is definitely not a PhD English! Moreover what school worth its salt will ask for money in full before you even have a confirmed visa??
Money minting that’s all.

SDS was brought to shorten the time for people who are okay with paying upfront and reduce documentation for IRCC and that’s why medical and IELTS became mandatory that’s all. Even top university offers SDS option but that’s neither the only option nor is it the preferred one (given the fees, oh boy).

Peace out. I didn’t misunderstand you. I just read a pattern of posting. I am sorry if I hurt you. But the truth is a bitter pill to swallow.
Lmao asking something is my right who have problems they are not compelled to answer. Again you are taking me wrong. I dnt know the way of writing to male others understand me clearly. I just rephrased it because i thought u took me in a wrong way .

Rationalwarrior

Star Member
May 22, 2021
Time for a rant. I was kinda avoiding. People who see my posts know I am a sarcastic asshole. With all due respect, I will speak my opinion.

These kinds of statements really push the ignorant and gullible population into an abyss of disappointment.
Non-SDS is NOT BAD. Heck, SDS didn’t even come into the picture before like 3 years ago. The ‘success rate’ and ‘IELTS band’ is for people who don’t understand the process and its sad if a consultant says so. All you want to show to IRCC is consistency, good scores, good career plans and good progression. Their results are already so random so why put our own opinions on weaker minds to mint money?

Let me tell you one thing. I am not an expert (and I don’t call myself one, heck I don’t even have an approval yet). I am a nobody, just lucky to get into good schools thats it but I talked to an RCIC advisor who talks without a fee for the university. I never saw these statements coming from him. He helps that’s all!

You know why the REJECTION RATE is high even in SDS? People who are blindly applying to diploma mills without even one of the points I mentioned above. And then they make life difficult for others. This is why India is under ‘high-rejection rate’. And no, other than 10-20 odd people out of the batch of 270. No one applied SDS by paying 1st year fee of 35 lacs to UofT!! Like no one from India too. Only 2 people had too, because they were late and applied in May. Poor them, had to take bank loans. Yes, I used the L word too that ‘consultants’ make people run away off from. L.O.A.N.

I don’t know you. Its not against unregistered consultants even. All I am saying is that for a professional to use such statements, there is someone gullible sitting out there who starts moving into the wrong direction.

I am sorry if that irks you. I just had to say it.
Peace out. It’s nit against anyone. Just please do not make irresponsible statements that have no analysis in the backend.
Immigration can be an emotionally charged subject because of the stakes involved. It can be hard, but keeping emotion at the door can help you see the facts more clearly. A genuine student with a relevant profile will have no problem navigating either through NON-SDS or SDS.

With that being said, SDS was mainly introduced to streamline the process and make the job more straightforward for VO’s. In terms of applications received, India has consistently ranked the highest by a measure of several thousands compared to other countries. I don’t know how relevant or thorough the data presented here is, but I came across this blog that compared the approval rates for SDS and NON-SDS applicants: https://www.applyboard.com/blog/applyinsights-study-permit-approval-rates-student-direct-stream-sds-canada-india

You can come to your own conclusions. But, take it with a grain of salt. At the end of the day, a genuine student with a relevant profile will have no problem getting approvals through both SDS and Non-SDS.

Reactions: rogerdude1

rogerdude1

Apr 24, 2021
@pritz_90 - I got a theory (being a lame-a $ $ researcher I am), as you are an advisor tell me your thoughts on this:

So I believe that those whose files were processed by an automated office (China or India where they do include automation due to high volume^), their results were released by system as soon BVL was updated. And for those whose files were processed in, say, Ottawa where there may be no automation, their PPRs are on hold due to 2-way courier services being suspended. - Thats my theory.

^ Sources - https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/transparency/access-information-privacy/privacy-impact-assessment/computer-analytics-india-temporary-resident-visa-visitor-annexes.html

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/transparency/access-information-privacy/privacy-impact-assessment.html

Yes man. Also, I told in earlier posts about the 100% true scenarios of IELTS. Some people from my batch got that query. Some were confident and threw the waiver letter once agin in the face and some took IELTS to reduce resistance.

I always thought my profile was strong before IRCC showed me my place.Lol
i know approval is around the corner (vibes) but last year I resigned from my job and had to join back (I didn’t want to start my US MBA from online medium for 1 semester). So I am just a little jittery this time around ahaha.
Good that you got the job back. Hang in there, something good is waiting around the corner.

pritz_90

Jun 8, 2021
Sorry but what is the difference between direct submission and two way courier service ? I thought all the submissions were directly to the IRCC? I’m not sure how to phrase it correctly :|
Jelly bai ji pehle jado submission hunde si direct vfs ch hunde si te time katt lgda si stamp hon nu. But covid krke jado di two way courier service shuru hoyi a time consuming a coz week tk lgg janda a stamp hoke aun nu. Coz of courier process. Te bai jihnu ethe meriya gallan na pasand aun kirpa krke ignore krden.

Alpha_Wolf

Jun 9, 2021
Immigration can be an emotionally charged subject because of the stakes involved. It can be hard, but keeping emotion at the door can help you see the facts more clearly. A genuine student with a relevant profile will have no problem navigating either through NON-SDS or SDS.

With that being said, SDS was mainly introduced to streamline the process and make the job more straightforward for VO’s. In terms of applications received, India has consistently ranked the highest by a measure of several thousands compared to other countries. I don’t know how relevant or thorough the data presented here is, but I came across this blog that compared the approval rates for SDS and NON-SDS applicants: https://www.applyboard.com/blog/applyinsights-study-permit-approval-rates-student-direct-stream-sds-canada-india

You can come to your own conclusions. But, take it with a grain of salt. At the end of the day, a genuine student with a relevant profile will have no problem getting approvals through both SDS and Non-SDS.
That’s just about my point. Thanks for the perspective.

rogerdude1

Apr 24, 2021

I agree on the SDS exploitation point, TRV approval rates in India have come down to 62% in 2020 from 79% in 2011. (Source - https://meurrensonimmigration.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/06/TRV-Approval-Rates-to-2021.pdf )

These "I-will-have-the-same-diploma-he-is-having" applicants are the main reason for this approval rate dip.

Reactions: Rationalwarrior

DevSB

Mar 27, 2021
I would be mightily surprised if @Alpha_Wolf were handed a rejection, because theirs is a standard MBA profile, absolutely nothing is off

if something does go wrong and there is a refusal, lack of English-language test results better not be a reason- else I will personally sit on a dharna outside the High Commission in New Delhi :D

Rationalwarrior

Star Member
May 22, 2021
I agree on the SDS exploitation point, TRV approval rates in India have come down to 62% in 2020 from 79% in 2011. (Source - https://meurrensonimmigration.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/06/TRV-Approval-Rates-to-2021.pdf )

These "I-will-have-the-same-diploma-he-is-having" applicants are the main reason for this approval rate dip.
While dual intent is an understandable sentiment. Sadly, many view studying in Canada as an easy path to PR. Moreover, students promise studying as their main intention in their applications and seek other avenues when they land in Canada. For example, breaking simple rules of study permit like overworking or serious ones like jumping/seeking asylum etc. These behaviors have unfortunately had a negative impact on genuine students who intend to study in Canada. As a result, IRCC has increased the scrutiny on individual applications to avoid these situation. At the end of the day, Visa officers serve the Canadian public and protect their best interest.

rogerdude1

Apr 24, 2021
While dual intent is an understandable sentiment. Sadly, many view studying in Canada as an easy path to PR. Moreover, students promise studying as their main intention in their applications and seek other avenues when they land in Canada. For example, breaking simple rules of study permit like overworking or serious ones like jumping/seeking asylum etc. These behaviors have unfortunately had a negative impact on genuine students who intend to study in Canada. As a result, IRCC has increased the scrutiny on individual applications to avoid these situation. At the end of the day, Visa officers serve the Canadian public and protect their best interest.
Yes add to that those who change their programs totally different from what they were initially approved for.

Reactions: Rationalwarrior