+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BVL received, How long for ppr?

ashishsuiya

Jul 3, 2021
Time for a rant. I was kinda avoiding. People who see my posts know I am a sarcastic asshole. With all due respect, I will speak my opinion.

These kinds of statements really push the ignorant and gullible population into an abyss of disappointment.
Non-SDS is NOT BAD. Heck, SDS didn’t even come into the picture before like 3 years ago. The ‘success rate’ and ‘IELTS band’ is for people who don’t understand the process and its sad if a consultant says so. All you want to show to IRCC is consistency, good scores, good career plans and good progression. Their results are already so random so why put our own opinions on weaker minds to mint money?

Let me tell you one thing. I am not an expert (and I don’t call myself one, heck I don’t even have an approval yet). I am a nobody, just lucky to get into good schools thats it but I talked to an RCIC advisor who talks without a fee for the university. I never saw these statements coming from him. He helps that’s all!

You know why the REJECTION RATE is high even in SDS? People who are blindly applying to diploma mills without even one of the points I mentioned above. And then they make life difficult for others. This is why India is under ‘high-rejection rate’. And no, other than 10-20 odd people out of the batch of 270. No one applied SDS by paying 1st year fee of 35 lacs to UofT!! Like no one from India too. Only 2 people had too, because they were late and applied in May. Poor them, had to take bank loans. Yes, I used the L word too that ‘consultants’ make people run away off from. L.O.A.N.

I don’t know you. Its not against unregistered consultants even. All I am saying is that for a professional to use such statements, there is someone gullible sitting out there who starts moving into the wrong direction.

I am sorry if that irks you. I just had to say it.
Peace out. It’s nit against anyone. Just please do not make irresponsible statements that have no analysis in the backend.
I totally agree with all the points. I mean Colleges are literally running the business and the consultants over here are minting the money too. I remember last year when I started my application process I was sure on my part that I want to pursue a Master's degree(MBA) and not a diploma. I visited a couple of so-called education Consultants in Mumbai and straight away they rejected my profile saying my academics are not strong. At that point, I had done substantial research about the admission process. I argued with them because I believed I had a decent profile for pursuing MBA from a decent university. I gave them my GRE scores(315) and Academic Transcripts. Despite sharing these documents, they were inclined to sell me diploma from run-of-the-mill colleges. At that point in time, I was depressed and thought of not applying at all. But eventually, after a month, I decided to go ahead with applications on my own and within a couple of months, I got LOA from the University of Manitoba. Anyways my point here is consultants are running the business of selling the programs in lots and I believe this will have an impact in coming years.

PS :- Consultants where like your GPA won't be in line with the universities. And Later on, when the university of Manitoba calculated my GPA for admission it turned out to be 3.6 on a scale of 4.5.

vikkisharma

Jun 15, 2021
I would be mightily surprised if @Alpha_Wolf were handed a rejection, because theirs is a standard MBA profile, absolutely nothing is off

if something does go wrong and there is a refusal, lack of English-language test results better not be a reason- else I will personally sit on a dharna outside the High Commission in New Delhi :D
andolan jivi :p:D

• Haha
Reactions: DevSB

jellybai01

Star Member
Apr 22, 2021
Jelly bai ji pehle jado submission hunde si direct vfs ch hunde si te time katt lgda si stamp hon nu. But covid krke jado di two way courier service shuru hoyi a time consuming a coz week tk lgg janda a stamp hoke aun nu. Coz of courier process. Te bai jihnu ethe meriya gallan na pasand aun kirpa krke ignore krden.
Thanks

Alpha_Wolf

Jun 9, 2021
I totally agree with all the points. I mean Colleges are literally running the business and the consultants over here are minting the money too. I remember last year when I started my application process I was sure on my part that I want to pursue a Master's degree(MBA) and not a diploma. I visited a couple of so-called education Consultants in Mumbai and straight away they rejected my profile saying my academics are not strong. At that point, I had done substantial research about the admission process. I argued with them because I believed I had a decent profile for pursuing MBA from a decent university. I gave them my GRE scores(315) and Academic Transcripts. Despite sharing these documents, they were inclined to sell me diploma from run-of-the-mill colleges. At that point in time, I was depressed and thought of not applying at all. But eventually, after a month, I decided to go ahead with applications on my own and within a couple of months, I got LOA from the University of Manitoba. Anyways my point here is consultants are running the business of selling the programs in lots and I believe this will have an impact in coming years.

PS :- Consultants where like your GPA won't be in line with the universities. And Later on, when the university of Manitoba calculated my GPA for admission it turned out to be 3.6 on a scale of 4.5.
You have hit the nail on the head!! This was what my point was!

Are people here thinking I got sad because someone told me I won’t get approval as I am non sds without IELST!? Lol no. I know myself and I know IRCC can still dump me. I know it all.

Out of the stress, I joined a lot of whatsapp and telegram groups to see. And man. I was SAD to see how the herd is moving. No surprise why Indians earned that bad rep. Consultants and colleges who give admissions like that. Pure business.

I mean Universities are also doing a business. But man they make you work and TWERK to get in. 20% acceptance rate and they only ask 3-5k in deposit (refundable if visa refused twice).
The other people... they don’t even know the course, college, where they are going , their motivation their dreams. Nothing!!
I literally saw people saying.. “bas ghus jayen, fer toh ye krenge wo krenge truck chla lenge” (Just let us get entry we will do this that or drive trucks).

I mean do you think they are fools (they do get fooled by some) but it brings our acceptance down SDS or Non SDS. Guess what? Once total AI kicks in the process just think what it will do to lots of the application that were only a little less stronger?? REJECTION!! The bot wont give 2 fucks.
One bad apple fucks it up for the lot. It’s high time MALICIOUS intent stays out of the pool (impossible but worth striving for).

ashishsuiya

Jul 3, 2021

Are people here thinking I got sad because someone told me I won’t get approval as I am non sds without IELST!? Lol no. I know myself and I know IRCC can still dump me. I know it all.

Out of the stress, I joined a lot of whatsapp and telegram groups to see. And man. I was SAD to see how the herd is moving. No surprise why Indians earned that bad rep. Consultants and colleges who give admissions like that. Pure business.

I mean Universities are also doing a business. But man they make you work and TWERK to get in. 20% acceptance rate and they only ask 3-5k in deposit (refundable if visa refused twice).
The other people... they don’t even know the course, college, where they are going , their motivation their dreams. Nothing!!
I literally saw people saying.. “bas ghus jayen, fer toh ye krenge wo krenge truck chla lenge” (Just let us get entry we will do this that or drive trucks).

I mean do you think they are fools (they do get fooled by some) but it brings our acceptance down SDS or Non SDS. Guess what? Once total AI kicks in the process just think what it will do to lots of the application that were only a little less stronger?? REJECTION!! The bot wont give 2 fucks.
One bad apple fucks it up for the lot. It’s high time MALICIOUS intent stays out of the pool (impossible but worth striving for).
Let's hope some sanity prevails and people start taking up the courses which align with their career progression and not for the sake of getting into the country. Even I have joined lots of Whatsapp groups and on a daily basis, I see lots of rejection which further catalysis the anxiety. I mean I am not opposing the diploma applications but I am totally against people blindly opting for irrelevant courses(I have seen MBA grad applying for PGDM project Management) and driving the rejection rates up.

overhaul03

Star Member
Jan 3, 2020

I do agree with your fact. You see a particular region has so many applicants and they are just crap. They can't even speak good English and yet they are getting visas and doing some random course. I do not get it when people go to agents and ask them what course they should do. I mean how can an agent tell you about your career and goals. Because of this population, all the genuine people are struggling. And I would say Canada should scrap that PR thing for students and just give them work permit like USA/Europe that way there will be fewer people who will be motivated to come to Canada and drive trucks. I know so many people doing stupid "global management courses" and working in wallmart/Cosco. Some of them have even came back to India saying " without source, you cant get job in Canada". that's the main issue people are so dumb they just wanna go to Canada and put some cool pictures and show off nothing else. Also, when this people land in Canada they buy latest iPhone and get bmw cars and there you go..fuck with your study. that's the main reason genuine people are struggling.

Alpha_Wolf

Jun 9, 2021
I do agree with your fact. You see a particular region has so many applicants and they are just crap. They can't even speak good English and yet they are getting visas and doing some random course. I do not get it when people go to agents and ask them what course they should do. I mean how can an agent tell you about your career and goals. Because of this population, all the genuine people are struggling. And I would say Canada should scrap that PR thing for students and just give them work permit like USA/Europe that way there will be fewer people who will be motivated to come to Canada and drive trucks. I know so many people doing stupid "global management courses" and working in wallmart/Cosco. Some of them have even came back to India saying " without source, you cant get job in Canada". that's the main issue people are so dumb they just wanna go to Canada and put some cool pictures and show off nothing else. Also, when this people land in Canada they buy latest iPhone and get bmw cars and there you go..fuck with your study. that's the main reason genuine people are struggling.
Good point. South American and some east asian mates of mine, both in Top-20 US MBAs and Rotman... they cannot speak good English even to save their lives!! But they still get in!
I hope everyone understands the gravity of what’s happening down below before its too late and it shatters Canadian dreams of hard working genuine candidates.

Reactions: rogerdude1

overhaul03

Star Member
Jan 3, 2020
Good point. South American and some east asian mates of mine, both in Top-20 US MBAs and Rotman... they cannot speak good English even to save their lives!! But they still get in!
I hope everyone understands the gravity of what’s happening down below before its too late and it shatters Canadian dreams of hard working genuine candidates.
I am not against people who can't read/speak a particular language. But I am telling you that as so-called colleges have high ilets stuffs why cant these people do an interview thing? I guess you know that to study in the USA you need to give an interview that's how screening is done. Why can't canada do that? Half of the people will be cut off in the interview itself. The problem with the sub-continent is people don't wanna study they just wanna migrate. Though fewer migration is done from India except for that particular region but still that's the case. Because of these people our applications are seen as prospect PR applications.

ashishsuiya

Jul 3, 2021
Totally. I mean first of all for courses like GBM and IBM one should have relevant experience then only one can thrive moving forward. I find the conversation with any consultant analogous to the conversation with sabji mandiwala(Vegetable seller). In fact, now I fear that due to this scheme Canadian job market would be a f*cked up place in coming years. Secondly, I have seen people with terrible IELTS score apply, with all due respect to those students I would just point out one thing - is it not a good idea to have command over the primary language of the country you are planning to study or settle in. I am sure you guys are aware of the situation of the students who applied to 10 suspended quebec colleges. I mean if getting into any college or university is easy then I think it's not worth pursuing.

PS;- Apologies to anyone who finds my comments offending.

Reactions: Alpha_Wolf

Alpha_Wolf

Jun 9, 2021
I am not against people who can't read/speak a particular language. But I am telling you that as so-called colleges have high ilets stuffs why cant these people do an interview thing? I guess you know that to study in the USA you need to give an interview that's how screening is done. Why can't canada do that? Half of the people will be cut off in the interview itself. The problem with the sub-continent is people don't wanna study they just wanna migrate. Though fewer migration is done from India except for that particular region but still that's the case. Because of these people our applications are seen as prospect PR applications.
Agreed. My views on this is: See, it is the University’s task to check English language proficiency. Not the VO.

In the US too, I am saying people with bad verbal english get into top schools and also pass the Visa Interview!! I am also not against anyone. Heck, I don’t preach English as a supreme language. Its just the universal one.

Even in Canada, Good schools shouldn’t admit guys without checking their motivations, english abilities etc etc. if the VO wants to do a second level scrutiny, then good! But it shouldn’t be the VO’s job as they already have their hands full. Tell me one good school that randomly admits students to make money without SOP, interview (mba at least) or supervisor meetings etc etc.. AND English language ability tests!

Another good point raised by you. They better take interview route for SP at least. Idk why they won’t maybe we cannot see the reasons from our perspective (high volume, etc).

Ps- Idk why do they create confusion with dual intent at all! Even RCIC advisors laugh at this. I mean they do need young hardworking professionals who can bear children and pay taxes lol then why so much pretense???

overhaul03

Star Member
Jan 3, 2020
Totally. I mean first of all for courses like GBM and IBM one should have relevant experience then only one can thrive moving forward. I find the conversation with any consultant analogous to the conversation with sabji mandiwala(Vegetable seller). In fact, now I fear that due to this scheme Canadian job market would be a f*cked up place in coming years. Secondly, I have seen people with terrible IELTS score apply, with all due respect to those students I would just point out one thing - is it not a good idea to have command over the primary language of the country you are planning to study or settle in. I am sure you guys are aware of the situation of the students who applied to 10 suspended quebec colleges. I mean if getting into any college or university is easy then I think it's not worth pursuing.

PS;- Apologies to anyone who finds my comments offending.

I have seen the syllabus of GBM its basically 11th and 12th standard commerce subjects with mixed tweaks. Right now the world is moving forward for AI and automation these subjects are just a waste of money. Canadian job market is already fucked up they have like 6% unemployment rate. because of these they have colleges that are private and students get into them like cattle. I mean you have seen videos right "got Canada visa with 5.5 band" wtf. Because of these people, everything is fucked up. See colleges are not bad but you need to get admission in govt colleges.
Agreed. My views on this is: See, it is the University’s task to check English language proficiency. Not the VO.

In the US too, I am saying people with bad verbal english get into top schools and also pass the Visa Interview!! I am also not against anyone. Heck, I don’t preach English as a supreme language. Its just the universal one.

Even in Canada, Good schools shouldn’t admit guys without checking their motivations, english abilities etc etc. if the VO wants to do a second level scrutiny, then good! But it shouldn’t be the VO’s job as they already have their hands full. Tell me one good school that randomly admits students to make money without SOP, interview (mba at least) or supervisor meetings etc etc.. AND English language ability tests!

Another good point raised by you. They better take interview route for SP at least. Idk why they won’t maybe we cannot see the reasons from our perspective (high volume, etc).

Ps- Idk why do they create confusion with dual intent at all! Even RCIC advisors laugh at this. I mean they do need young hardworking professionals who can bear children and pay taxes lol then why so much pretense???

I know its not VO job but a proper interview can easily tell VO that ya this person wants to study or not. I guess you have seen USA visa interviews where they are being asked question about courses and all and students don't even know which college are they going to study. And this rejection for purpose of travel thing is so shit. I mean first of all its in candian law that you will get work permit but you are rejecting applications based on you wont leave Canada. That doest really make sense.

overhaul03

Star Member
Jan 3, 2020
Currently, I just want my application to be processed asap. Rejection/approval whatever they give is fine. If I get rejected I will go to Europe man. ( at least will have some night life over there unlike canada xD) I have lost all the excitement of study in Canada. Thankfully I haven't left my job yet ( I work for Amazon) i have notice period and stuffs but these people are driving me crazy.

DevSB

Mar 27, 2021
I would like to add my 2 paisa here -

I have degrees from the U.K., where an interview is part of the visa process. In spite of that, I encountered several students who by some standards weren’t proficient enough, they had a 6.5 , 7 IELTS score. These students attended a number of different universities across the U.K., I attended two G5 universities, and I met some students there who didn’t speak enough English, yet they managed to get in and get their visa , it’s not all about the English-language skills
If you take a look at some of the most competitive courses, they have a lot of Chinese students who in general cannot speak English as well as some others , this doesn’t mean they’re not smart enough, just that they can’t articulate themselves in the English language

second, the vast majority of American master’s degrees don’t require interviews, it’s the same around the world (MBAs are an exception) only some American universities conduct interviews for their undergraduates , and most of these are not evaluative.

I am in complete agreement with some of the previous comments about how the system is being misused by students , and some ‘colleges’ will offer admissions to just about anyone. I’ve seen some people on the forum saying they were offered admission in 2 weeks or slightly longer, that’s not how it should be

I think IRCC could Include an interview as part of the visa process but I suppose it would be time-consuming for them , given the number of students in relation to their manpower- now I realise why the ‘statement’ assumes so much importance during the visa process- it essentially acts in lieu of the interview

if Canada amends its PGWP rules, I’m sure a lot fewer students would seek admissions to colleges :D

Alpha_Wolf

Jun 9, 2021
Currently, I just want my application to be processed asap. Rejection/approval whatever they give is fine. If I get rejected I will go to Europe man. ( at least will have some night life over there unlike canada xD) I have lost all the excitement of study in Canada. Thankfully I haven't left my job yet ( I work for Amazon) i have notice period and stuffs but these people are driving me crazy.
Same man. Having a full time job and waiting dead end for the visa is killing me. No excitement already :/