+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BVL received, How long for ppr?

Alpha_Wolf

Jun 9, 2021
I would like to add my 2 paisa here -

I have degrees from the U.K., where an interview is part of the visa process. In spite of that, I encountered several students who by some standards weren’t proficient enough, they had a 6.5 , 7 IELTS score. These students attended a number of different universities across the U.K., I attended two G5 universities, and I met some students there who didn’t speak enough English, yet they managed to get in and get their visa , it’s not all about the English-language skills
If you take a look at some of the most competitive courses, they have a lot of Chinese students who in general cannot speak English as well as some others , this doesn’t mean they’re not smart enough, just that they can’t articulate themselves in the English language

second, the vast majority of American master’s degrees don’t require interviews, it’s the same around the world (MBAs are an exception) only some American universities conduct interviews for their undergraduates , and most of these are not evaluative.

I am in complete agreement with some of the previous comments about how the system is being misused by students , and some ‘colleges’ will offer admissions to just about anyone. I’ve seen some people on the forum saying they were offered admission in 2 weeks or slightly longer, that’s not how it should be

I think IRCC could Include an interview as part of the visa process but I suppose it would be time-consuming for them , given the number of students in relation to their manpower- now I realise why the ‘statement’ assumes so much importance during the visa process- it essentially acts in lieu of the interview

if Canada amends its PGWP rules, I’m sure a lot fewer students would seek admissions to colleges :D
Good point. Also, maybe Canada doesn’t want to invest in training VOs for facial reading and body language/ attitude classes. A junior analyst reads it for them (SOP) and there you go!! They are like Indian Sarkari Babus ahaha

ashishsuiya

Jul 3, 2021
Currently, I just want my application to be processed asap. Rejection/approval whatever they give is fine. If I get rejected I will go to Europe man. ( at least will have some night life over there unlike canada xD) I have lost all the excitement of study in Canada. Thankfully I haven't left my job yet ( I work for Amazon) i have notice period and stuffs but these people are driving me crazy.
Same here. Unfortunately, I thought my Visa process would be smooth and resigned from my job in UAE and came back to India last year. Long wait for the decision has taken out all the excitement I had. Now it's more like I just want to get done with this thing.

Alpha_Wolf

Jun 9, 2021
Same here. Unfortunately, I thought my Visa process would be smooth and resigned from my job in UAE and came back to India last year. Long wait for the decision has taken out all the excitement I had. Now it's more like I just want to get done with this thing.
Sorry for your situation man. I had seen many in your boat last year. I too was almost there and walked back.
But all of them this year are again going to good places albeit some struggle. You’ll be there soon. I pray all of us get there soon. Its so sad that we are all talking all this.

Next week- we will all bring cheerful news (here’s hoping).

sqfit

Jan 16, 2020
You have hit the nail on the head!! This was what my point was!

Are people here thinking I got sad because someone told me I won’t get approval as I am non sds without IELST!? Lol no. I know myself and I know IRCC can still dump me. I know it all.

Out of the stress, I joined a lot of whatsapp and telegram groups to see. And man. I was SAD to see how the herd is moving. No surprise why Indians earned that bad rep. Consultants and colleges who give admissions like that. Pure business.

I mean Universities are also doing a business. But man they make you work and TWERK to get in. 20% acceptance rate and they only ask 3-5k in deposit (refundable if visa refused twice).
The other people... they don’t even know the course, college, where they are going , their motivation their dreams. Nothing!!
I literally saw people saying.. “bas ghus jayen, fer toh ye krenge wo krenge truck chla lenge” (Just let us get entry we will do this that or drive trucks).

I mean do you think they are fools (they do get fooled by some) but it brings our acceptance down SDS or Non SDS. Guess what? Once total AI kicks in the process just think what it will do to lots of the application that were only a little less stronger?? REJECTION!! The bot wont give 2 fucks.
One bad apple fucks it up for the lot. It’s high time MALICIOUS intent stays out of the pool (impossible but worth striving for).
Oh the number of times I’ve been told to apply under SDS and I will definitely be approved?!!!!! Just today I read a Facebook comment from these “Popular agents” on Facebook advocating SDS by saying it has MORE APPROVAL RATE whereas NON SDS does not?!!!! These agents promise the applicants that you just need to show 1 year fees + GIC and an admission is guaranteed. Literally all the recent refusals are crying woo saying “But I showed 1 year fees + GIC yet I got refused for lack of funds”. These agents just care for their commission from the run of the mill colleges & forget to mention that rules have become stringent and IRCC definitely needs to know where money for the remaining fees + expenses will be coming from.
They forget to mention the main requisites only to persuade a student with low funds to “just apply” so they can make money and really don’t care if the student gets rejected. This is just one of the scam these agents run and the same agents advice us to not go for NON SDS because approval rate is low lol.
I went to one of the popular Facebook agents for consultation and he listened to my story & his advice after my rejection was to not apply for 1-2 years and later tells me that they may take my case if I get a new college admission from them. That’s when I knew it’s all about the $ with these people. They prey on people for the money and really just push people (even with low finances) to apply so they can get lucky and get their commissions.

ashishsuiya

Jul 3, 2021
Sorry for your situation man. I had seen many in your boat last year. I too was almost there and walked back.
But all of them this year are again going to good places albeit some struggle. You’ll be there soon. I pray all of us get there soon. Its so sad that we are all talking all this.

Next week- we will all bring cheerful news (here’s hoping).
Yes, let's hope for the best.:)

overhaul03

Star Member
Jan 3, 2020
I would like to add my 2 paisa here -

I have degrees from the U.K., where an interview is part of the visa process. In spite of that, I encountered several students who by some standards weren’t proficient enough, they had a 6.5 , 7 IELTS score. These students attended a number of different universities across the U.K., I attended two G5 universities, and I met some students there who didn’t speak enough English, yet they managed to get in and get their visa , it’s not all about the English-language skills
If you take a look at some of the most competitive courses, they have a lot of Chinese students who in general cannot speak English as well as some others , this doesn’t mean they’re not smart enough, just that they can’t articulate themselves in the English language

second, the vast majority of American master’s degrees don’t require interviews, it’s the same around the world (MBAs are an exception) only some American universities conduct interviews for their undergraduates , and most of these are not evaluative.

I am in complete agreement with some of the previous comments about how the system is being misused by students , and some ‘colleges’ will offer admissions to just about anyone. I’ve seen some people on the forum saying they were offered admission in 2 weeks or slightly longer, that’s not how it should be

I think IRCC could Include an interview as part of the visa process but I suppose it would be time-consuming for them , given the number of students in relation to their manpower- now I realise why the ‘statement’ assumes so much importance during the visa process- it essentially acts in lieu of the interview

if Canada amends its PGWP rules, I’m sure a lot fewer students would seek admissions to colleges :D
Like I said my friend I have no problems of people who cant speak English. However, people are getting into colleges because of English only ilets scores and all. That's why I m pointing it out. Getting a UK visa is kind off easy because till 2 years back they used to give only 6 months extension after the course end.

However, I disagree with the point that a masters degree in USA does not requires an interview ( except mba). My friend joined Yale university and he had to seat in front of VO for an interview. Well its time consuming but right now its the same right? people are waiting since ages for result. If Canada thinks its a first world country it should try to copy USA.

Matter of fact I want to add something which I forgot earlier. one of my friends lives in Tokyo and there he has many friends who have migrated from Canada and USA . So Canada is not the ultimate point of living that's for sure.

Reactions: sqfit

sqfit

Jan 16, 2020
You have hit the nail on the head!! This was what my point was!

Are people here thinking I got sad because someone told me I won’t get approval as I am non sds without IELST!? Lol no. I know myself and I know IRCC can still dump me. I know it all.

Out of the stress, I joined a lot of whatsapp and telegram groups to see. And man. I was SAD to see how the herd is moving. No surprise why Indians earned that bad rep. Consultants and colleges who give admissions like that. Pure business.

I mean Universities are also doing a business. But man they make you work and TWERK to get in. 20% acceptance rate and they only ask 3-5k in deposit (refundable if visa refused twice).
The other people... they don’t even know the course, college, where they are going , their motivation their dreams. Nothing!!
I literally saw people saying.. “bas ghus jayen, fer toh ye krenge wo krenge truck chla lenge” (Just let us get entry we will do this that or drive trucks).

I mean do you think they are fools (they do get fooled by some) but it brings our acceptance down SDS or Non SDS. Guess what? Once total AI kicks in the process just think what it will do to lots of the application that were only a little less stronger?? REJECTION!! The bot wont give 2 fucks.
One bad apple fucks it up for the lot. It’s high time MALICIOUS intent stays out of the pool (impossible but worth striving for).
I second this. Kind of funny how it’s not even funny anymore when it’s about our lives. 2 days back a girl received her OPR and she sends a screenshot to the group asking what is this? Is it an ADR? When will I get my result?
I literally was looking into invisible cameras like Jim does from the Office iykyk

overhaul03

Star Member
Jan 3, 2020
Dont worry bro , Hope for the best. I wanted to leave my job during July as I wanted to move to canada by aug. However, Now I m sticking to it. Until results come.

I think we all should go and have some holiday and chill. ( I do not even check this forum often because it get into my nerves lol )

ashishsuiya

Jul 3, 2021
I second this. Kind of funny how it’s not even funny anymore when it’s about our lives. 2 days back a girl received her OPR and she sends a screenshot to the group asking what is this? Is it an ADR? When will I get my result?
I literally was looking into invisible cameras like Jim does from the Office iykyk
Hilarious. Literally LMAO ;D

ashishsuiya

Jul 3, 2021
Dont worry bro , Hope for the best. I wanted to leave my job during July as I wanted to move to canada by aug. However, Now I m sticking to it. Until results come.

I think we all should go and have some holiday and chill. ( I do not even check this forum often because it get into my nerves lol )
Yes wishing the same. :)

DevSB

Mar 27, 2021
Like I said my friend I have no problems of people who cant speak English. However, people are getting into colleges because of English only ilets scores and all. That's why I m pointing it out. Getting a UK visa is kind off easy because till 2 years back they used to give only 6 months extension after the course end.

However, I disagree with the point that a masters degree in USA does not requires an interview ( except mba). My friend joined Yale university and he had to seat in front of VO for an interview. Well its time consuming but right now its the same right? people are waiting since ages for result. If Canada thinks its a first world country it should try to copy USA.

Matter of fact I want to add something which I forgot earlier. one of my friends lives in Tokyo and there he has many friends who have migrated from Canada and USA . So Canada is not the ultimate point of living that's for sure.
Countries don’t issue visas based on how long they allow students to stay after their course ends- visa interviews are strict, if they believe you’re not capable of following and understanding course material, your visa will be refused - likewise , if they believe you’re not a genuine student, your visa will be refused , so the “ 6 month extension “ has nothing to do with being issued a visa

I meant universities don’t require an interview, for a US student visa you do require an interview.
For instance, my brother is going to be attending an Ivy League university this Fall for his undergraduate, and he had to interview for his place on the course and then again for the visa

yes indeed, I know quite a few people from the U.K. who went to China after their degrees, it’s not uncommon- but do you really think a student from India ( in general ) would consider going to Japan? I think not.. I have seen Indian students going to a number of not-so-traditional destinations - the Philippines, Czechia , Poland , et cetera
But by and large it’s still America, Canada, Britain and the Antipode :)

I am unable to follow your logic here .. if Canada thinks it’s a first-world country, it should imitate America?

ashishsuiya

Jul 3, 2021
Countries don’t issue visas based on how long they allow students to stay after their course ends- visa interviews are strict, if they believe you’re not capable of following and understanding course material, your visa will be refused - likewise , if they believe you’re not a genuine student, your visa will be refused , so the “ 6 month extension “ has nothing to do with being issued a visa

I meant universities don’t require an interview, for a US student visa you do require an interview.
For instance, my brother is going to be attending an Ivy League university this Fall for his undergraduate, and he had to interview for his place on the course and then again for the visa

yes indeed, I know quite a few people from the U.K. who went to China after their degrees, it’s not uncommon- but do you really think a student from India ( in general ) would consider going to Japan? I think not.. I have seen Indian students going to a number of not-so-traditional destinations - the Philippines, Czechia , Poland , et cetera

I am unable to follow your logic here .. if Canada thinks it’s a first-world country, it should imitate America?
Just to add. There are people who are now opting for Japan. So basically, in Japan, one can get a work permit as long as the applicant has C2- C1 level equivalent command over Japanese. And there are lots of private colleges in Japan which offer Japanese language courses and help in finding jobs there. And as you know agents in India just need one loophole in the system to exploit it. Recently they have started promoting this channel more aggressively.

Reactions: Alpha_Wolf

sqfit

Jan 16, 2020

I guess the person means imitating the US’s immigration filtering system which IMO Canada needs badly. Genuine students (even though intention is to migrate eventually) are getting rejected but applicants with average academics + barely there communication skills + zero knowledge of the programs their agent has signed them up for are breezing through. It’s very scammy if you think about it. The current PPRs and refusals in comparison to them makes it evident that Canada needs an interview step in the immigration process. Unfortunately it’s my own countrymen but a lot of “Just anybodies” are getting it too easily. People like us have researched about the place, the housing, the job market etc etc before even getting approvals but those who got “lucky” don’t even know what OPR means in an application.

DevSB

Mar 27, 2021
Thanks for that @ashishsuiya , do you have any numbers on Indian students in Japan ? Couldn’t find anything as such

@sqfit- totally agree, I did admit that the system was being abused, and I did critique these diploma mills and their MO.
but Canada is in a fundamentally different situation than America or Britain. As such, most Indian students who apply to study in America or Britain attend public universities, there are not many of these diploma mills, and if a student does apply there their visa is rejected

in the 2000s , Britain had a number of these sham colleges which even offered you degrees and diplomas in exchange for a fee payment, while the student worked full-time on their student visa. The government cracked down on it aggressively and by 2013 the situation was control.

The high rejection rates for Canadian study permits tell me that the system is filtering out those who aren’t ‘deserving’ - some offices , for instance Japan, have incredibly high approval rates for Canadian study permits ( as you’d expect ) .. likewise others have lower acceptance rates , because students try to get around the system
I also agree that some bonafide students are refused visas , but I think the practical solution to that is a little power decentralisation away from one particular VO who handles a file, and tempering the discretionary powers they have, through a secondary review
Interviews in themselves are not a panacea; they will still check your file, they will still assess whether or not your application as a whole is coherent and links to your overall goals- and they will still refuse you a visa if you have a high IELTS score but are not a genuine student