Star Member
Oct 1, 2014
Cape Town
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Mates

I received my ITA last Month and am busy preparing documents for app submission. Now, I just noticed that I wouldn't be able to leave Country by End of the year or even start of next year.

- My assumption is that if I will have to enter the country (in case I get visa) within year of Medical date. e.g., if I get my medical done on 1st April 2016, my initial visa will be up to 31st March 2016. But I would rather go to Canada by next year June, if possible.

- If above point is true. Then I am planning to reschedule my medical appointment by a month and make it Mid may or may be 1st June. Then I will submit my e-app by 22nd April (24th is last date), and will upload the proof of appointment with it.

Please confirm I am not going insane :)

Regards
Gaurav

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
gaurav_2172 said:
- My assumption is that if I will have to enter the country (in case I get visa) within year of Medical date. e.g., if I get my medical done on 1st April 2016, my initial visa will be up to 31st March 2016. But I would rather go to Canada by next year June, if possible.

- If above point is true. Then I am planning to reschedule my medical appointment by a month and make it Mid may or may be 1st June. Then I will submit my e-app by 22nd April (24th is last date), and will upload the proof of appointment with it.
Don't know whether you're going insane or not : ) But the medical must be completed before you submit your application, otherwise your application will be returned as incomplete. And "Bad timing for me" does not constitute the "exceptional circumstance" that would allow CIC to make an exception.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp

A better plan would be to get your medical and submit your application. You can always land and return to your country to finish up what you need to before making the actual move. Yes, it's another plane ticket, but that's small potatoes in the scheme of things.

DigitalDestiny

Nov 26, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Completely agree with jes_ON. Get your medicals done and submit your application. New Canadian government is in and some major overhaul to the Canadian Immigration system aren't ruled out.

Being stingy is not worth the risk. It's just 1 return ticket to Canada to activate your PR and return back.