07-19-2010
Med's Request
07-19-2010
Med's Done....
07-26-2010
winnipegmb said:
@ sept15
@ procan
Any updates for you guys? Nothing for me so far. CAIPS notes said my bring forward date is April 1st so I'm not expecting much anytime before that. I even emailed them a while back, no reply yet.

@ Chigirl
I remember your bring forward date was March 1st, any progress?
No progress yet ::)

sept15

Champion Member
Sep 26, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
chigirl said:
Hello Sept15....Sorry to hear that things are not going too well on your home front. I hope it gets sorted out.

Unfortunately, no updates from my side. I did send them an email last week, and they said it was in que for final review. But, not sure how long this final review is supposed to be.
Thanks Chigirl. Mind you I got the same on Feb 10... Hopefully by the end of this month you and I and others of course get something in the EMAIL. I am curious to know when Grey Goose's application was RECEIVED by Buffalo - and comparing if that falls in line... or not... I know you have chatted with him on other forums - any idea of the date in March his/her application was received....

chigirl

Nov 16, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
BUFFALO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-08-2008
Doc's Request.
11-15-2009
Nomination.....
11-23-2009
AOR Received.
07-19-2010
Med's Request
07-19-2010
Med's Done....
07-26-2010
sept15 said:
Thanks Chigirl. Mind you I got the same on Feb 10... Hopefully by the end of this month you and I and others of course get something in the EMAIL. I am curious to know when Grey Goose's application was RECEIVED by Buffalo - and comparing if that falls in line... or not... I know you have chatted with him on other forums - any idea of the date in March his/her application was received....
I went through one of her previous posts to check the date, and it just says March '10'. My assumption is mid March, if I recall right.

sept15

Champion Member
Sep 26, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
chigirl said:
I went through one of her previous posts to check the date, and it just says March '10'. My assumption is mid March, if I recall right.
Ok - We shall wait from her to confirm. Mid March, however, makes sense... so that few of us are not ignored in the waiting line. whoops.

superboy_ec

Mar 25, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar 1, 2010
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
Nov 19, 2009
AOR Received.
July 7, 2010
IELTS Request
waived
File Transfer...
not yet and I don't think it will
Med's Request
June 24, 2010 received July 7. 2010
Med's Done....
July 20, 2010 and cardio (sept/29)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
25-Feb-2011 sent 01-Mar-2011 arrived @ F.E. 03-Mar-2011
VISA ISSUED...
15-Mar-2011
LANDED..........
02-Apr-2011
sept15 said:
Hi all,

I am back. Things back home are not going great and hence I totally forgot that I have applied for Canadian Immigration!! NO, I have not received anything yet. I have realized that there are always worse thing that can happen in life other than 'waiting too long' for an email...

SUPERBOY - Thanks buddy for checking on me. You are an awesome buddy. I am assuming you are almost living in your mailbox for a mail to arrive. hehe.

This Friday, the 18th will be exactly a year since Buffalo has received my application and I am hoping to get something by Friday... (hang on, didnt I say same thing for February! hehe).

Congratulations to all others who got their PPR.
Hey Buddy, I think you will get it some time between today and next week... I am telling ya!!!... I thought you went on vacation...

sept15

Champion Member
Sep 26, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
superboy_ec said:
Hey Buddy, I think you will get it some time between today and next week... I am telling ya!!!... I thought you went on vacation...
hehe. I still have not used my 16 weeks of vacation (paternity leave) because of this stupid PPR waiting game.... Hopefully I will take them as soon as I get my passport and do the landing - You know how it is spending the winter in Saskatchewan.... Things are melting down and it actually rained yesterday for the first time... So, its spring here and I am sure its ALWAYS spring in Vancouver.... But hey, we still love our freezer. lol.

take care buddy and I am sure you are getting excited to do the landing pretty soon.... How long is the drive to the border from your part of the world - Ours is North Portal - 5.5 hours south of Saskatoon....

Grey Goose

Jul 28, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sept15 said:
Congratulations dude... You must like Grey Goose - dont ya! hehe. Can you tell me when exactly Buffalo received your application. if you do not know and if you are in Canada/USA call 1 888 242 2100 and a computer will help ya?

The respond that you got from Buffalo was 100% copy of mine..from A to Z with the same spelling mistakes... LOL... when did you receive that (final review one). if you can answer these 2 questions, I would appreciate that.

Congratulations again.
Woah Woah.. cant wait to gulp some down from the freezer ;)

I sent my application to Buffalo over the third weekend of March and they might have received in during the 4th week of March 2010.

I had received the IA somtime mid of November.

superboy_ec

Mar 25, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar 1, 2010
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
Nov 19, 2009
AOR Received.
July 7, 2010
IELTS Request
waived
File Transfer...
not yet and I don't think it will
Med's Request
June 24, 2010 received July 7. 2010
Med's Done....
July 20, 2010 and cardio (sept/29)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
25-Feb-2011 sent 01-Mar-2011 arrived @ F.E. 03-Mar-2011
VISA ISSUED...
15-Mar-2011
LANDED..........
02-Apr-2011
sept15 said:
hehe. I still have not used my 16 weeks of vacation (paternity leave) because of this stupid PPR waiting game.... Hopefully I will take them as soon as I get my passport and do the landing - You know how it is spending the winter in Saskatchewan.... Things are melting down and it actually rained yesterday for the first time... So, its spring here and I am sure its ALWAYS spring in Vancouver.... But hey, we still love our freezer. lol.

take care buddy and I am sure you are getting excited to do the landing pretty soon.... How long is the drive to the border from your part of the world - Ours is North Portal - 5.5 hours south of Saskatoon....
I hear you Sep, things are falling in place so no worries, just be patient. From here to the border is 30 minutes drive so not far...I will keep you posted..

sept15

Champion Member
Sep 26, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Did you guys know that Buffalo Office is actually CLOSED every Wednesdays..... I just read that - Good, I do not have to check my email million times tomorrow...

Just for your Information...

winnipegmb

Star Member
Jan 15, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhbai
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June-2011
Doc's Request.
July-2015
AOR Received.
Oct-2015
File Transfer...
April-2016
Med's Request
May-2016
Med's Done....
May-2016
Passport Req..
June-2016
VISA ISSUED...
July-2016
@ sept15
Thanks for your input. Hope all is well for you back home.

@ chigirl
Thanks for the update.

I'm in pretty much the same situation as you guys, waiting is no fun.

AlbertaGovernor

May 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sept15 said:
Did you guys know that Buffalo Office is actually CLOSED every Wednesdays..... I just read that - Good, I do not have to check my email million times tomorrow...

Just for your Information...
Buffalo office is closed to public on Wednesdays. They have their stuff going on in the backoffice. This is evident with many folks who have received PPRs on Wednesdays.

sept15

Champion Member
Sep 26, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AlbertaGovernor said:
Buffalo office is closed to public on Wednesdays. They have their stuff going on in the backoffice. This is evident with many folks who have received PPRs on Wednesdays.
Thanks Governor. Good to know. I had many correspondence from them but never on a Wednesday - Good to know. Thanks bud.

strawbar

Star Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-11-2009
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
01-02-2010
AOR Received.
N/A
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
4-28-2011 Seattle
Med's Request
18-01-2012
Med's Done....
05-02-2012
Interview........
?
Passport Req..
?
VISA ISSUED...
?
LANDED..........
10-25-2012
Hi guys..

I have a quick question for you to ask, which is very important to me.
I got the medical request on Jan 18, and sent the medical result on the first week of Feb.
However, I have not received any request for the money 490.00 (Landing fee). My friend who is PR now, she said she was
requested the moeny with the medical request.

I sent my documents of course to Buffalo, and I am so much worried now with the fact that I was not requested fot the money.

Please guys, let me know how are yours?
Did you get the request for the money and medical together? or just medical like me.

I will contact the immigration after I listen to you guys..

Thank you so much!!

sept15

Champion Member
Sep 26, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
strawbar said:
Hi guys..

I have a quick question for you to ask, which is very important to me.
I got the medical request on Jan 18, and sent the medical result on the first week of Feb.
However, I have not received any request for the money 490.00 (Landing fee). My friend who is PR now, she said she was
requested the moeny with the medical request.

I sent my documents of course to Buffalo, and I am so much worried now with the fact that I was not requested fot the money.

Please guys, let me know how are yours?
Did you get the request for the money and medical together? or just medical like me.

I will contact the immigration after I listen to you guys..

Thank you so much!!
Hey Straw,

No worries. Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF) can be asked 1) along with Medical request 2) with the Initial Assessment (middle of the process) 3) with the Passport Request.

I also want to let you know that you can pay the fee anytime even if they DID NOT ask for it. You can pay them right NOW.

What you need to know, is you will not get the visa without paying that. So, for sure they will ask you to pay it with the passport request.

I suggest that you pay it before Passport Request to save you time. Wait till your medicals are received, then either wait till they ask you to pay it or just pay it.

RPRF is refundable. If you do not get the visa for any reason, they will refund you the money.

This is all you need to know. Thanks.

strawbar

Star Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-11-2009
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
01-02-2010
AOR Received.
N/A
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
4-28-2011 Seattle
Med's Request
18-01-2012
Med's Done....
05-02-2012
Interview........
?
Passport Req..
?
VISA ISSUED...
?
LANDED..........
10-25-2012
sept15 said:
Hey Straw,

No worries. Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF) can be asked 1) along with Medical request 2) with the Initial Assessment (middle of the process) 3) with the Passport Request.

I also want to let you know that you can pay the fee anytime even if they DID NOT ask for it. You can pay them right NOW.

What you need to know, is you will not get the visa without paying that. So, for sure they will ask you to pay it with the passport request.

I suggest that you pay it before Passport Request to save you time. Wait till your medicals are received, then either wait till they ask you to pay it or just pay it.

RPRF is refundable. If you do not get the visa for any reason, they will refund you the money.

This is all you need to know. Thanks.
Thank you so much for you anwer sep15. it really helps me alot and relived me from big worries