+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Buffalo VO FSW ( pre june and non transferred applicants) share timeline plz :)

another_applicant

Aug 28, 2012
Hi guys,

I went to my MP last week, and her office inquired the minister's division for the status of my application. It seems that my file has been transferred to Ottawa and my medicals have been received (this info is not on my ecas). My application is still in background check from January! However, the change to my marital status that I have sent them couple of times since July (by email and by fax with necessary documents) is not reflected on my application. It seems they didn't even read my emails. My MP asked me to send them the documents again and wait to see what happens ... I think MPs are only capable of obtaining the current status of the application. This is really frustrating, 8 months for background check, unbelievable!

FSW3
Full application sent to Buffalo: 9/2010

ram84

Jan 12, 2012
vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27 jan 2010
Doc's Request.
20 mar 2010
AOR Received.
novermber
Med's Request
25 october2011
Med's Done....
5 november 2011
Interview........
no
jeevan said:
donot worry man, either we will sail or drowned together.
i have never seen shit system like canadian immigration system , they do not idea those who are waiting for ppr after 11 months
they should give preference to them
really a low level system

ghostsapphire

Star Member
Oct 18, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-june-2010 (complete to Buffalo)
AOR Received.
10-Nov-2010 (2nd)
IELTS Request
sent with appl.
File Transfer...
In Process 3/14/12
Med's Request
27-March-2012
Med's Done....
02-April-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
21. November 2012
VISA ISSUED...
15. December 2012
LANDED..........
already here :-) and stay here.
Hello all "waiting for PPR" lers,

question: How can it be that some who got transferred to other Visa Offices after Bufallo has been closed got their PPR, but the ones like us, who got transferred to Ottawa, haven't heard anything yet?

MasterUsers - any ideas?

Thanks
Ghostsapphire

jeevan

Oct 20, 2010
Interview........
waived
That cannot be understood either. Any way we wont get PPR unless they treat FSW as major category like as other visa office. Actually finishing medical means your files are reviewed completely and they need to send PPR after satisfactory medical examination been received. But it seems that double reviewing is going again with our application after Buffalo. So more reviewing means, asking more complication.

sjakub

Sep 28, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jeevan said:
Actually finishing medical means your files are reviewed completely and they need to send PPR after satisfactory medical examination been received.
This is simply false. Successful medical results are not the end of the process.
There are also criminality and security checks that follow. Maybe it's possible
that sometimes they do that earlier, but surely they can be done after receiving
medical results.

jeevan

Oct 20, 2010
Interview........
waived
Of course background check is there but it wont be a hurdle unless you did crime somewhere. If they make it a big issue than of course it will be. Regarding medical, you know the medical examination report from the doctor before you sent.

sjakub said:
This is simply false. Successful medical results are not the end of the process.
There are also criminality and security checks that follow. Maybe it's possible
that sometimes they do that earlier, but surely they can be done after receiving
medical results.

sjakub

Sep 28, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jeevan said:
Of course background check is there but it wont be a hurdle unless you did crime somewhere.
You said there is some extra review process that happens because of Buffalo closure.
This may or may not be true, but the fact is that security and criminality
checks would happen regardless.

planner

Star Member
Sep 19, 2012
ghostsapphire said:
Hello all "waiting for PPR" lers,

question: How can it be that some who got transferred to other Visa Offices after Bufallo has been closed got their PPR, but the ones like us, who got transferred to Ottawa, haven't heard anything yet?

MasterUsers - any ideas?

Thanks
Ghostsapphire
same question i have in mind

tomatoeggs

Star Member
Sep 7, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo - Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2010
Med's Request
May 2012
Med's Done....
June 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11/22/12
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
jeevan said:
That cannot be understood either. Any way we wont get PPR unless they treat FSW as major category like as other visa office. Actually finishing medical means your files are reviewed completely and they need to send PPR after satisfactory medical examination been received. But it seems that double reviewing is going again with our application after Buffalo. So more reviewing means, asking more complication.
wow....that's way too troublesome then.... I have been waiting for PPR for such a long time that it's really harsh to hear such kind of "re-reviewing" again!!!

Kets

Star Member
Nov 18, 2011
Didn't Minister Kenny promise a faster immigration system?

As far as I am concerned its gone slower...

jeevan

Oct 20, 2010
Interview........
waived
I am in same boat like u Guys. but in reality even after 5-6 months after medical, no PPR for me. It doesnot matter either u wait 2 year or 2 months after medical. "censor word" system Buffalo cum CPP ottawa compare to other visa offices in USA and around the world

tomatoeggs said:
wow....that's way too troublesome then.... I have been waiting for PPR for such a long time that it's really harsh to hear such kind of "re-reviewing" again!!!

haka

Star Member
May 18, 2012
NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jeevan said:
I am in same boat like u Guys. but in reality even after 5-6 months after medical, no PPR for me. It doesnot matter either u wait 2 year or 2 months after medical. "censor word" system Buffalo cum CPP ottawa compare to other visa offices in USA and around the world
Still no news from Ottawa.......

ram84

Jan 12, 2012
vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27 jan 2010
Doc's Request.
20 mar 2010
AOR Received.
novermber
Med's Request
25 october2011
Med's Done....
5 november 2011
Interview........
no
jeevan said:
i dont think so we gona get any news this month , hopefull they start sending ppr in next month