10/2013 In process: 1/2014 Additional Doc Request: 2/2014
Passport Req..
2/14
VISA ISSUED...
2/14
LANDED..........
5/2014 ( in Canada since 2009)
Eddesign said:
Maybe, therefor, you applied within Canada, you don't need medical examination (usually, they send MR and RPRF together)
All applicants need to do medical exams including those who applied within Canada.

Samnov

Aug 21, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo to Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-11-2011
Doc's Request.
04.12.2013 additional doc requested 22.05.2014
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
alwayspositive said:
Samnov, yours will come soon :)
Hi alwayspositive, thanks and thank you that you shad positive note in forum

Mani8585

Star Member
Jul 16, 2013
Samnov i have a quick question for you.

Can CIC ask for interview even after medicals are completed?

If yes, do I have to go to Canada for interview, as my VO is Ottawa.

Thanks

Samnov

Aug 21, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo to Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-11-2011
Doc's Request.
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Mani8585 said:
Samnov i have a quick question for you.

Can CIC ask for interview even after medicals are completed?

If yes, do I have to go to Canada for interview, as my VO is Ottawa.

Thanks
In this stage I don't think they will call you for a interview but they have
The rights to ask anytime for a interview when they think it's needed.
In this forum happened that they transferred applicants files to New York
Office for interview and the applicant was in his home country and he
Could finally change in his visa office.

pkumar

Jan 1, 2011
my application date is july 2011 and medical result sent to ottawa in first week of January'2014. I haven't heard back anything since then.

are post june 2011 applicants also getting ppr? do they send any kind of a acknowledgement after medical result receipt. No status change either.

Please help.

PK

Mani8585

Star Member
Jul 16, 2013
pkumar said:
my application date is july 2011 and medical result sent to ottawa in first week of January'2014. I haven't heard back anything since then.

are post june 2011 applicants also getting ppr? do they send any kind of a acknowledgement after medical result receipt. No status change either.

Please help.

PK
Hi PK,

Some post June 2011 applicants did get PPR. Hopefully you will get within this month.

Thanks

Samnov

Aug 21, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo to Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-11-2011
Doc's Request.
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
pkumar said:

Please help.

PK
Write an email to your case officer and make sure that they have received your Medical result

JJ-C

May 17, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jul 2011
Doc's Request.
Nov 4, 2013
Med's Request
Nov 4, 2013
Med's Done....
Sept 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Feb 21, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 25, 2014
LANDED..........
March 6, 2014
piscespao said:
I got PPR FINALLY!!!!

I medical request in October 18th, done on 17th
January 4th I sent my FBI report
PPR April 1st

Allllll the best luck to everyone in this forum!
Congrats

cam1234

Star Member
Jul 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Talk about never ending aggravation...

So CPP mailed my COPR a month ago and I never received it. I write to them begging they send another one... Got an email saying they will have to wait 90 days to see if the one they sent is returned... By that time I should have only 2 months left on my COPR before it expires... and they still have to mail it to me.

Don't understand, they want to send mail through the cheapest way possible via Canada Post, why not pay 50 cents or so, to get tracking information???? Better yet, they charge us so much, why not another $50 so they send the letter via FedEx?? Which applicant would say no?

Hope the application of everyone else is moving along nicely.
Cam

Samnov

Aug 21, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo to Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-11-2011
Doc's Request.
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
cam1234 said:
Talk about never ending aggravation...

So CPP mailed my COPR a month ago and I never received it. I write to them begging they send another one... Got an email saying they will have to wait 90 days to see if the one they sent is returned... By that time I should have only 2 months left on my COPR before it expires... and they still have to mail it to me.

Don't understand, they want to send mail through the cheapest way possible via Canada Post, why not pay 50 cents or so, to get tracking information???? Better yet, they charge us so much, why not another $50 so they send the letter via FedEx?? Which applicant would say no?

Hope the application of everyone else is moving along nicely.
Cam
Hi cam,
I'm following your situation, I'm so sorry for you that it's happening such unnecessary problem after already a painful processing time for all of as.
You never wrote if you did ask your local post office, or the postman is it possible that it was to big and he just drop it there and one of your neighbor has put it in garbage. Or may be is there a vacant post that the postman put it by mistake in it. In that case just wait till next postman will deliver post and you can check all of them when he opens it. Anyway that's a nightmare that I wish nobody to happen

cam1234

Star Member
Jul 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Samnov said:
Hi cam,
I'm following your situation, I'm so sorry for you that it's happening such unnecessary problem after already a painful processing time for all of as.
You never wrote if you did ask your local post office, or the postman is it possible that it was to big and he just drop it there and one of your neighbor has put it in garbage. Or may be is there a vacant post that the postman put it by mistake in it. In that case just wait till next postman will deliver post and you can check all of them when he opens it. Anyway that's a nightmare that I wish nobody to happen
Thank you Samnov for your kind words. Well, here are the details of my investigation :) I have spoken to our postman and he said even with the way the Canadian address was written, it would have been delivered. I went to our management office, and no mail was there, I looked through everything. I went to our local post office and they looked at everything with my name, looked under registered mail too. The only other thing is if the envelop was delivered to another apartment and they threw it out... that does happen where I live.

In my last communications with my CCP officer, he says that the address was written correctly on the envelop (US style)... Here is what I think, this officer sends COPRs everyday to the US, if they all arrived under 2 weeks and mine has been a month, he would have been concerned and sent another... The fact that he casually mentions let's wait 90 days, tells me it has taken this long for some people. I found only one other applicant on Canadavisa website that waited 36 days. So I am praying and hoping that mine will still come.

The biggest problem is that I have a family to move there and a lot of preparation that requires advance notice. For example my apartment lease is expiring, do I go month to month (V. expensive) or 3 months, 6 months... :( Anyway, I'm sorry to bring my problems to this board all the time, I just keep hoping that someone will come forward and say, Hey mine took 2 months don't worry :)

Cam

Andy11

Star Member
Jul 22, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-04-2011
AOR Received.
11-05-2011
File Transfer...
Transferred to CPP Ottawa on July 2012 from Buffalo
Med's Request
30-09-2013
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
Hello friends,
Recently CPP OTTAWA transferred my file to new York visa office and schedule an interview at New York.
But I permanently moved back to India. And they updated my address on file to my Indian address..
Still they schedule interview at New York.
Now questions are:
1) can I ask new York visa office to transfer my file to India?
And ask them to schedule interview at CHC India?
2) how long they will take to transfer file to India?

Thanks,
Andy

cam1234

Star Member
Jul 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Andy11 said:
Hello friends,
Recently CPP OTTAWA transferred my file to new York visa office and schedule an interview at New York.
But I permanently moved back to India. And they updated my address on file to my Indian address..
Still they schedule interview at New York.
Now questions are:
1) can I ask new York visa office to transfer my file to India?
And ask them to schedule interview at CHC India?
2) how long they will take to transfer file to India?

Thanks,
Andy

Hi Andy:

Sorry to hear of your troubles. I would contact them immediately and tell them you cannot get a visa for the US and to please transfer your interview and file to India. As to how long it takes, maybe one of our applicants in India would know...

Good luck,
Cam

Wolvy

May 22, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6-29-2011
AOR Received.
PER: 9-1-2011, 10-4-2011 2nd AOR
Med's Request
10-28-2013 & RPRF requested, doc request 12-27-2013
Med's Done....
11-8-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
03-19-2014
cam1234 said:
Thank you Samnov for your kind words. Well, here are the details of my investigation :) I have spoken to our postman and he said even with the way the Canadian address was written, it would have been delivered. I went to our management office, and no mail was there, I looked through everything. I went to our local post office and they looked at everything with my name, looked under registered mail too. The only other thing is if the envelop was delivered to another apartment and they threw it out... that does happen where I live.

In my last communications with my CCP officer, he says that the address was written correctly on the envelop (US style)... Here is what I think, this officer sends COPRs everyday to the US, if they all arrived under 2 weeks and mine has been a month, he would have been concerned and sent another... The fact that he casually mentions let's wait 90 days, tells me it has taken this long for some people. I found only one other applicant on Canadavisa website that waited 36 days. So I am praying and hoping that mine will still come.

The biggest problem is that I have a family to move there and a lot of preparation that requires advance notice. For example my apartment lease is expiring, do I go month to month (V. expensive) or 3 months, 6 months... :( Anyway, I'm sorry to bring my problems to this board all the time, I just keep hoping that someone will come forward and say, Hey mine took 2 months don't worry :)

Cam
Cam I remember you from when I first started visiting the board in 2011. There were so many changes since then with the process MI, M2 etc and it lead us to wonder if they'd even process our applications; or let us whither on the immigration vine until they cancel our application like they did those other poor fellows. I'm so sorry that you've had this last frustration, but you're almost done, you've come this far. I hope that it has just been delayed to you and you'll get your COPR soon. If they do have to reissue it I do believe you'll still have good amount of time to land. My family just received our COPR last week and it actually expires in Feb 2015, and we did our medicals in Nov 2013. So you'll probably have more time than you think. Good luck Cam. I've always appreciated your positive attitude despite the heavy stress and uncertainty that the process has been for you. I'm sure you'll be getting good news soon.

cam1234

Star Member
Jul 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Wolvy said:
Cam I remember you from when I first started visiting the board in 2011. There were so many changes since then with the process MI, M2 etc and it lead us to wonder if they'd even process our applications; or let us whither on the immigration vine until they cancel our application like they did those other poor fellows. I'm so sorry that you've had this last frustration, but you're almost done, you've come this far. I hope that it has just been delayed to you and you'll get your COPR soon. If they do have to reissue it I do believe you'll still have good amount of time to land. My family just received our COPR last week and it actually expires in Feb 2015, and we did our medicals in Nov 2013. So you'll probably have more time than you think. Good luck Cam. I've always appreciated your positive attitude despite the heavy stress and uncertainty that the process has been for you. I'm sure you'll be getting good news soon.
Hi Wolvy:

It is good to hear from you and a BIG CONGRATULATIONS on getting your COPR 8) Yes this last obstacle is very trying, but such is life... I will have to accept it and deal with it. I actually gave up on this process and went about my life two years ago. Even cancelled my account here.

Almost 90% of post June 2010 applicants got their PR in 8 months. Out of the 10% that were delayed, I believe I am the last one. We suddenly got med request last summer and decided again why not go to Canada... and now all this.

Where in Canada are you heading, I will hopefully go to the Toronto region. If you will be in that area, there is a small group of applicants who meet there and try to help one another with everything. Let me know...

Best,
Cam