waiver
Passport Req..
Friday, January 31, 2014 11:16:40 PM
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
indusvision said:
Can you please send us link to this information ? Thanks!
BY TOBI COHEN, POSTMEDIA NEWS AUGUST 28, 2013
OTTAWA — The federal government remains confident that the majority of so-called “forgotten” Buffalo immigration applications will be completed by the end of the season as promised even though new figures suggest nearly 40 per cent of the files have yet to be processed.

With just a month to go before summer draws to an end, 3,568 applications remain in the queue, according to the figures obtained by Postmedia News and considered up-to-date as of Aug. 20.

“Most of the files that were transferred from Buffalo to the Ottawa processing office will be completed by the end of summer 2013,” Citizenship and Immigration spokeswoman Sonia Lesage said in an email.

“For the majority of immigration streams, new applications submitted to Ottawa are being processed more quickly than they were during the same time last year in Buffalo.”

Lesage suggested the ongoing strike by foreign service workers will not impact the processing of the remaining Buffalo files. Several foreign visa offices were shut down as a result of the strike and the central processing centre has had to take on some of the burden as a result.

Some 9,417 files, many of them recent university graduates with in-demand skills, were transferred to Ottawa when the government closed the upstate New York visa office in May 2012 after announcing foreign students and workers living in Canada would no longer have to leave the country to renew a visa or apply for permanent residency.

Citizenship and Immigration, however, came under fire in December after antsy applicants — a number of whom had already waited as long as two years for their papers while watching others who applied later get their permanent residency before them — started to complain about delays.

The NDP accused overworked and understaffed citizenship officers of simply forgetting about the boxes of Buffalo files sitting in the corner after the move as many of the applicants hadn't even received a file number much less been assigned a case worker which meant their applications were still in the very early stages of processing.

The government acknowledged delays of around 15 months at the time and promised the Buffalo files would be completed by the end of summer 2013.

According to the figures released by Citizenship and Immigration, 4,982 Buffalo files have so far been approved, 483 were refused and 384 were withdrawn.

The bulk of files, including the majority of pending files, involve skilled worker and provincial applicants.

alwayspositive

Aug 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo to Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6/2011
Doc's Request.
7/2013
AOR Received.
8/2011
Med's Request
10/2013
Med's Done....
10/2013 In process: 1/2014 Additional Doc Request: 2/2014
Passport Req..
2/14
VISA ISSUED...
2/14
LANDED..........
5/2014 ( in Canada since 2009)
bravoo said:
I have traveled to 4 countries in last 5 years, This would defiantly delay the USA visa as they thoroughly do the BG check and i have only 2 months time. I read USA visit visa blogs and people says its not easy to get USA visit visa based on the interview call letter. one of this forum member had the same situation like me and he got refused by US embassy, then he requested for telephonic interview and New York office took his interview over the phone.

So I am planning to send an email to New York, to arrange an telephonic interview for me..let's see what they reply.

I am tensed and just want go away from this embassy, Visas, appointments, inquiries world.....I am sick of it now

bravoo
Bravoo,

One can understand how you're feeling, but take it easy. I'm sure they won't expect you to travel all the way to New York just to attend an interview. Email them and request for a phone interview. If they want to see your face, request for video conference. All kinds of interviews are conducted using skype which is very cheap. I doubt that they would insist you travel to New York. At least they contacted you, which means someone is working on your file, cheer up. All the best.

bravoo

Star Member
Apr 29, 2009
alwayspositive said:
Bravoo,

One can understand how you're feeling, but take it easy. I'm sure they won't expect you to travel all the way to New York just to attend an interview. Email them and request for a phone interview. If they want to see your face, request for video conference. All kinds of interviews are conducted using skype which is very cheap. I doubt that they would insist you travel to New York. At least they contacted you, which means someone is working on your file, cheer up. All the best.
alwayspositive,

Thanks for your input. I am planning to give US visa a chance ( I know chances are less), if I fail in it, then I would request them to have a telephonic interview or they may arrange my In-person interview in Canadian Embassy Riyadh.

bravoo

callmeqqx

Star Member
Jul 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo----CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-06-2011
Doc's Request.
29-05-2013
AOR Received.
10-08-2011
File Transfer...
July,2012
Med's Request
08-07-2013
Med's Done....
16-07-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-08-2013(Received by Ottawa on 26-08-2013)
VISA ISSUED...
10-09-2013(Sent out by Ottawa on 09-09-2013)
LANDED..........
14-09-2013(Rainbow Bridge)
ramcm31 said:
I sent it on Thursday evening (22nd), but delivered to CPP-O today(26th morning)
Ram, nothing happens in my tracker till now. Is there any new from yours? Please keep me updated~thx

waterton

Jul 18, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-12-2010
AOR Received.
07-03-2011
IELTS Request
sent with docs
File Transfer...
16-05-2012
Med's Request
22-08-2013
Passport Req..
24/09/2013
VISA ISSUED...
23/10/2013
LANDED..........
27/10/2013 (hopefully)
Hi Everyone,

My wife and I did our medcal tests today. The doctor said it will take 2-3 weeks to get the results back and then they will send the results to CIC. Is this delay normal? I am a bit worried. Also In the email from CIC I have been asked to do the medical and pay the RPRF and then at the end of email it sayd :"Please submit the requested documents/fees to the following address". What should I send to CIC? doesn't doctors send the medical results directly. As for RPRF, I pay online, can't I just Email the receipt to them? Should I send the receipt of payment for medical test too?

It's all confusing. Could anyone help please?

Thanks

com2canada

Jun 23, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-11-2010
Doc's Request.
19-09-2013; Submitted on 04-10-2013
AOR Received.
25-02-2011
File Transfer...
To CPP-Ottawa 07-07-2012
Med's Request
+ RPRF Request, 10-07-2013
Med's Done....
11-08-2013; sent via eMed 22-08-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
09-10-2013, Decision Made. Passport sent 10-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
09-10-2013. Passport received 25-10-2013
LANDED..........
18-11-2013
waterton said:
Hi Everyone,

My wife and I did our medcal tests today. The doctor said it will take 2-3 weeks to get the results back and then they will send the results to CIC. Is this delay normal? I am a bit worried. Also In the email from CIC I have been asked to do the medical and pay the RPRF and then at the end of email it sayd :"Please submit the requested documents/fees to the following address". What should I send to CIC? doesn't doctors send the medical results directly. As for RPRF, I pay online, can't I just Email the receipt to them? Should I send the receipt of payment for medical test too?

It's all confusing. Could anyone help please?

Thanks

You should have received 2 separate e-mails from CIC - one for medicals and the other for RPRF. If your panel physician is on eMed, he would transmit your results electronically to CIC. As for the RPRF, you can pay online and send the receipt to the e-mail address given in the letter. Except you have been asked to submit other documents, thats pretty much all you need to do. Even when you are asked to send other docs, they would accept scanned/e-mailed copies except for PCC.

cchat

May 23, 2013
Hi Damodar,
Quick question. How did you know that your file has been transferred to New York. I am also a Buffalo applicant pre-June 2010.
I have submitted my medicals (feb) and RPRF and waiting for PPR. No response for more than 6 months now

xse2573

Dec 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2012
Doc's Request.
July 2013
Nomination.....
March 2012
AOR Received.
June 2012
Med's Request
June 2012
Med's Done....
June 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
August 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
September 2013
cchat said:
Hi Damodar,
Quick question. How did you know that your file has been transferred to New York. I am also a Buffalo applicant pre-June 2010.
I have submitted my medicals (feb) and RPRF and waiting for PPR. No response for more than 6 months now
It will come ...just hang in there!!!!

luisfigo

Nov 2, 2012
Hi all,
a Couple weeks ago i got a request from CIC to fill out 4 new (updated) application forms and send them back.
I applied on Oct 2011 under FSW arranged employment. This is the first communication I get from them since my file got transferred to Ottawa.
Anyone in this group got the same request? if so has there been any movement since?
Thanks!

bravoo

Star Member
Apr 29, 2009
Dear All,

To attend immigration interview in USA, which US visa type should I apply for (B1 or B2)....?

Please suggest.....

bravoo

damodar

Star Member
Jul 10, 2013
bravoo said:
Dear All,

To attend immigration interview in USA, which US visa type should I apply for (B1 or B2)....?

Please suggest.....

bravoo
B1 but on form u can fill both
Good luck hopefully you get visitor visa

bravoo

Star Member
Apr 29, 2009
damodar said:
B1 but on form u can fill both
Good luck hopefully you get visitor visa
Thanks..... Hopefully.....

So what's the progress on your file, have solved that LMO issue?..... any correspondence with NW lately ?

bravoo

MapleLeafe

Sep 2, 2013
A question to those who have sent update documents:

Do you need to provide evidence for all section? For example, evidence for educational background has already been submitted. Do you need to submit that again although nothing has changed in your education?

Thank you very much.

damodar

Star Member
Jul 10, 2013
bravoo said:
Thanks..... Hopefully.....

So what's the progress on your file, have solved that LMO issue?..... any correspondence with NW lately ?

bravoo
No not yet
I explained them I applied under AEO
Rest I m wating for their reply