+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Buffalo to Ottawa Transferred Cases(FSW) - Pls join here

revival

Star Member
Jan 7, 2012
HELLO ALL-Please I need your kind advice.

We APPLIED FOR FSW1 IN March 2011 and got PER in April. And ever since no news apart from the fact that application was transferred from Buffalo to CCP-OTTAWA. Now, we are planning to apply for CEC.As a matter of fact, we have everything ready to go except for police clearance from our home country that will be arriving in the next one week. We planned to send the CEC APPLICATION off by 27th of this month so it can arrive at CIO by 2nd or 3rd of January 2012.

The problem now is that considering the fact that our FSW APPLICATION submitted in March 2011 is now in CPP-Ottawa and the fact that FSW application for 2013 has been postponed till May 2013,giving CIC more time to clear the files on ground, we are of the opinion that we might hear something regarding our march 2011 FSW application in the course of the year in 2013.
Pls everyone here, kindly advise us, should we go ahead and submit the CEC APPLICATION in January 2013 or should we just wait and see if we would hear anything in 2013 regarding our march 2011 fsw application currently with cpp ottawa?

Though, we are currently on an employer restricted work permit that will expire in 2015.We would have love to submit the CEC application, but the problem is that if we received processing update from CIC regarding (e.g. medical request etc.) our march 2011 fsw application in 2013 then, the $1100 application fee that we would pay for the CEC WILL BE A WASTE as CIC won't refund us the moment CIO processes our CEC application around FEB/MARCH 2015.
I know that this forum is filled with many brilliant people and that is why i came here to seek your advice. Should we just go ahead with the SUBMISSON OF THE CEC APPLICATION comes January 2013 or should we just hold on for now, as there is 70% probability of CIC attending to FSW applications submitted last year by early next year.

Thank you all. Everyone contribution would be greatly appreciated.
Revival

alexalex

Star Member
Oct 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo - Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2011
Doc's Request.
Sep 2013
AOR Received.
July 2011
Med's Request
Sep 2013
Med's Done....
Sep 2013
Passport Req..
Sep 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 2013
LANDED..........
Dec 2013
Your application might be processes by the end of 2013 (definitively not first half of 2013). If I was in your situation, I would apply for CEC. Another 1000$ is not much for PR.

alexalex

Star Member
Oct 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo - Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2011
Doc's Request.
Sep 2013
AOR Received.
July 2011
Med's Request
Sep 2013
Med's Done....
Sep 2013
Passport Req..
Sep 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 2013
LANDED..........
Dec 2013
Minister:
"In order to ensure fast processing times and to avoid backlogs, the new FSWP will accept a fixed number of applications each year."

Well, it can be another 3000 (as in skilled trades) or 10000 as in CEC, never know. So 2010-2012 applicants, don't worry, CIC will have plenty of time to work on your applications. :)

revival

Star Member
Jan 7, 2012
Thanks Alexalex,
how long do you guess the processing time for CEC next year is going to be?Do you think CIC will process CEC APPLICATION submitted under the newly revamped program of 2013 within a year.

alexalex

Star Member
Oct 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo - Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2011
Doc's Request.
Sep 2013
AOR Received.
July 2011
Med's Request
Sep 2013
Med's Done....
Sep 2013
Passport Req..
Sep 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 2013
LANDED..........
Dec 2013
revival said:
Thanks Alexalex,
how long do you guess the processing time for CEC next year is going to be?Do you think CIC will process CEC APPLICATION submitted under the newly revamped program of 2013 within a year.
My best guess is about 15 months still. So you could get your PR through FSW before, BUT as a plan B, CEC will work. Some people can not apply for CEC for different reasons, so they wait for FSW.

revival

Star Member
Jan 7, 2012
Thanks Alexalex,
we met all the requirements for CEC.we've both been working in canada for more than 2 years. My spouse in a proffesional occupation B on a full time permanent basis with a municipality government and our WP lasts till early 2015. But the consideration is which one will come out first if we apply under CEC.if going by your analysis that our fsw application might come out b/4 the CEC,then it would do us a great deal of good if we just hold on with the CEC APPLICATION as not to waste resources.
I really need the great people from this forus to talk me thru this.SO CONFUSED RIGHT NOW.

xixi

Sep 11, 2011
I believe you should wait and not apply under CEC as January 2013 will see an influx of CEC applications both from inside Canada and also abroad from candidates that could not meet certain criteria or had to leave the Canada. Now with the changes of work experience being decreased from 24 months to 12 months and that too within the last 3 years many will become eligible starting from 2 January and there will be a lot of applications under CEC further delaying this category.

On the other hand with the delay in new FSW till May 4, there is good chance of movement by Feb/March. So my personal advise would be to wait and watch till end of February if nothing then file under CEC.

revival

Star Member
Jan 7, 2012
Thanks Xixi,
We just want to done with this permanent residence thing.Someone mentioned to me yesterday that becos CEC SCHEME OF 2013 is a newly introduced thing,cic might want to process the those application submitted in betwennjanuary-march very fast just to prove a point that what they just introduced id working.Truely,if you look at it,you would noticed that that was exactly what they did with the initial post june application submitted inbetween end of june and september 2010.they processed those so fast just to justified that it is indeed fast track as they claimed.
Just confused a little bit now.all we want is to be done with this PR thing like every one else here on this forum

com2canada

Jun 23, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-11-2010
Doc's Request.
19-09-2013; Submitted on 04-10-2013
AOR Received.
25-02-2011
File Transfer...
To CPP-Ottawa 07-07-2012
Med's Request
+ RPRF Request, 10-07-2013
Med's Done....
11-08-2013; sent via eMed 22-08-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
09-10-2013, Decision Made. Passport sent 10-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
09-10-2013. Passport received 25-10-2013
LANDED..........
18-11-2013
revival said:
Thanks Xixi,
We just want to done with this permanent residence thing.Someone mentioned to me yesterday that becos CEC SCHEME OF 2013 is a newly introduced thing,cic might want to process the those application submitted in betwennjanuary-march very fast just to prove a point that what they just introduced id working.Truely,if you look at it,you would noticed that that was exactly what they did with the initial post june application submitted inbetween end of june and september 2010.they processed those so fast just to justified that it is indeed fast track as they claimed.
Just confused a little bit now.all we want is to be done with this PR thing like every one else here on this forum
In my opinion, we can tell you everything you want to here, which are mere speculations by the way, as none of us works for CIC, but the best solution lies in your own hands - critically evaluate the situation and make a decision. What your situation needs is a decision as to what to do which nobody can make for you.

cygnet

Star Member
Jan 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo to Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2011
AOR Received.
August 2011
IELTS Request
Sent with the Application
File Transfer...
July 2012
Med's Request
August 2013
Med's Done....
September 2013
Passport Req..
October 2013
VISA ISSUED...
October 2013
LANDED..........
November 2013
Indeed!
Just weigh the PROS and CONS, everyone in this forum is anxious to get through this waiting game and get their PR's. As what had been mentioned by others in this forum, you can apply through CEC or wait for your FSW- it's up to you. If you are still indecisive--write down the PROS and CONS plus evaluate timelines of other applicants under FSW and CEC. I saw some CEC applicants from last year that are still waiting for their PR's and some that just applied this year (mostly are March applicants) that got their PRs already within 8 months. Bottom line: no one knows specifically when each and everyne of us will get our PRs, t will all depend on your application package, when and what visa office you submitted your application and CIC's offficer that will handle your file!
It's all up to you, you and your spouse are both working so I am assuming money is not a problem. You both have a job security until 2015-as of what I read. Another fee would be fine if you want to apply under CEC, just remember there would be a lot of applications will be submitted under CEC next year.
You choose--money or time?
;)

luisfigo

Nov 2, 2012
all, glad to join this group, my timelines are the following:

(i'm on a work permit tied to an employer)

Application Sent: Oct 1st 2011
Confirmation from Buffalo that the application is under processing: Feb 2012

Now news since then...

montrealjuly2011

Star Member
Aug 31, 2012
hi2kunal said:
What would be the Timeline for July 2011 Applicants.. FSW1... No news since year and half.... Any idea friends..??
I applied at the same time as u.
Super fast cic updates and medical within a few months and than buff closes and nothibg for 12 months :)
As the above poats mentions, patience.
2013-may , so in the next few months we can except a decision.
Yes or no. Either way we will kmow.

Good luck
Happy holidays.

luisfigo

Nov 2, 2012
Thanks MontrealJuly2011,
yes indeed...it confirms that this is handled in a very arbitrary way.
you mentionned May 2013...what does that date refer to?

shashank1978

Jul 29, 2012
Hi,
Applied in 2010. file accepted on July 11, 2010. Got notification to send police check in may 2012. then buffalo office is closed. no idea where is my file but still i send police check to Ottawa.
Can any one help me where would be my file and when it can be finish.

montrealjuly2011

Star Member
Aug 31, 2012
luisfigo said:
Thanks MontrealJuly2011,
yes indeed...it confirms that this is handled in a very arbitrary way.
you mentionned May 2013...what does that date refer to?
May-june 2013 will be 1 year since my file
Transferred to ottawa.
I applied july 2011. Also the new fsw program kicks in.
I m hopeful thwy will review my file yill than and give me a response.
Yes or no.
:)
I stopped thibking abt it completely as it gets me tensed for no reason , for a aituation that is not in my control.
I will wait and see if it works out.