+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Buffalo to Ottawa Transferred Cases(FSW) - Pls join here

Trick

Apr 1, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey Canada2Com or Bill Gates,SteveJobs.

I didn't get that,I need some more,Please carry on.
It looks like you still need chill pill.If you are in Canada and you do not have money to buy chill Pill then eat some snow which will give you lot chill.Since you have already built so many countries,can u please come and build my country?,we really need people of your skill sets,We need people with good English grammar who can clean gutters in my country.We have lots of jobs.You will never be out of job.

In my previous posts I asked everybody to ignore you.Now,I am enjoying, lets continue this and see how much more is left in your tank

*****************He is one person who has enough time to keep writing in forum to prove his point.See how much free time this person has who claims to have built people and countries.

If he continues then I am on for all this.

Arrav123,
He doesn't have mind to understand what you have written.

montrealjuly2011

Star Member
Aug 31, 2012
Ammmm
I need sum help.
I have an FSW application in process since july 2011, csq was issues in april 2011.
Now as per some of the gcms notes, this application is gng no where till end of 2013.

I have decided that i will apply under CEC.

I wanted to know the following.

1. Can i apply directly to fedral under CEC or i need to go thorugh quebec again.
2.can i apply in CEC even if i have an applicatiom process in FSW.
3. I have masters from
Concordia, and specialization from
Mcgill and work exp in cana for 2.5 yrs.
4. Status now is temp foreign worker - approved under high skilled category LMO.

I know that my FSW is not gng anywhere, since alot more
Ppl r pending before me. If the MP guides u that it may take another year, i just wanah apply under CEC but fedral not through provincial.

Please guide

alexalex

Star Member
Oct 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo - Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2011
Doc's Request.
Sep 2013
AOR Received.
July 2011
Med's Request
Sep 2013
Med's Done....
Sep 2013
Passport Req..
Sep 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 2013
LANDED..........
Dec 2013
Good news!

Moving to a Fast, Flexible Just-in-Time Immigration System

Toronto, November 2, 2012 — Today, Citizenship, Immigration and Multiculturalism Minister Jason Kenney announced that by the end of 2013, Canada’s immigration system will be transformed from one that was plagued by backlogs into one that is fast, flexible, and responsive to the labour market.

Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) announced today it will admit up to 55,300 persons in the Federal Skilled Worker (FSW) category in 2013. Combined with previous actions taken to manage the backlog, this means by the end of 2013 we will be able to process new applications as they are received – a “just in time” system – and aim to process them in less than a year, instead of up to eight years under the old FSW program. In addition, CIC expects to clear the FSW applications received to date by the end of 2014, three years earlier than originally expected.

This will allow for the introduction of an Expression of Interest (EOI) system to be put in place for FSW and possibly other economic immigration streams. CIC is moving to a just-in-time system that recruits people with the right skills to meet Canada’s labour market needs, fast tracks their applications, and gets them working in a period of months, instead of years.

“The Government’s number one priority remains the economy and job growth,” said Minister Kenney. “Immigration backlogs are detrimental to our ability to attract the world’s top talent. With the decisive actions we’ve taken to tackle the backlog, we will finally be able to select immigrants who better meet the needs of the Canadian labour market. We will aim to process their applications in less than 12 months.”

The volume of FSW applications has been a longstanding dilemma, since the number of applications received inevitably exceeded the space available within the Immigration Levels Plan each year. As a result, wait times in the FSW program were as high as eight years.

Over the past few years, CIC has taken concrete measures to tackle this problem, including the following:

Under the 2008 Action Plan for Faster Immigration, CIC began to limit FSW application intake to priority occupations.
In 2010, the Department added caps to the number of new applications.
In June 2012, the Jobs, Growth and Long-Term Prosperity Act eliminated most of the remaining FSW applications received before February 27, 2008.
In July 2012, CIC issued a temporary pause on new FSW applications, excluding candidates with a qualifying job offer or those applying under the PhD stream.
Taken together, these efforts have dramatically reduced the total number of people waiting in the FSW backlog from a height of 640,000 people in 2008 to approximately 100,000 today, even with new applications received since the 2008 Action Plan.

“By tackling the backlog to make way for a faster, more flexible just-in-time immigration system, newcomers to Canada will be able to fully participate in the economy more quickly,” said Minister Kenney. “Immigration plays a vital role in our country’s long-term prosperity. By improving our economic immigration system, we can ensure that Canada is competitive on the world stage.”

In 2013, CIC plans to admit between 53,500 to 55,300 Federal Skilled Workers, including their spouses and dependants. CIC intends to lift the current pause on FSW applications in 2013, when the new selection criteria are expected to take effect. The final regulatory changes will be available in the Canada Gazette later this year.

Photo of Minister Kenney will be available later today at: w ww.cic.gc.c a/english/department/media/photos/high-res/index.asp.

alexalex

Star Member
Oct 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo - Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2011
Doc's Request.
Sep 2013
AOR Received.
July 2011
Med's Request
Sep 2013
Med's Done....
Sep 2013
Passport Req..
Sep 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 2013
LANDED..........
Dec 2013
Source:

ht tp://w ww.ci c.gc.c a/english/department/media/relea ses/2012/2012-11-02.asp

Galian

Jun 30, 2010
alexalex said:
Good news!

Moving to a Fast, Flexible Just-in-Time Immigration System

Toronto, November 2, 2012 — Today, Citizenship, Immigration and Multiculturalism Minister Jason Kenney announced that by the end of 2013, Canada's immigration system will be transformed from one that was plagued by backlogs into one that is fast, flexible, and responsive to the labour market.

Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) announced today it will admit up to 55,300 persons in the Federal Skilled Worker (FSW) category in 2013. Combined with previous actions taken to manage the backlog, this means by the end of 2013 we will be able to process new applications as they are received – a “just in time” system – and aim to process them in less than a year, instead of up to eight years under the old FSW program. In addition, CIC expects to clear the FSW applications received to date by the end of 2014, three years earlier than originally expected.

This will allow for the introduction of an Expression of Interest (EOI) system to be put in place for FSW and possibly other economic immigration streams. CIC is moving to a just-in-time system that recruits people with the right skills to meet Canada's labour market needs, fast tracks their applications, and gets them working in a period of months, instead of years.

“The Government's number one priority remains the economy and job growth,” said Minister Kenney. “Immigration backlogs are detrimental to our ability to attract the world's top talent. With the decisive actions we've taken to tackle the backlog, we will finally be able to select immigrants who better meet the needs of the Canadian labour market. We will aim to process their applications in less than 12 months.”

The volume of FSW applications has been a longstanding dilemma, since the number of applications received inevitably exceeded the space available within the Immigration Levels Plan each year. As a result, wait times in the FSW program were as high as eight years.

Over the past few years, CIC has taken concrete measures to tackle this problem, including the following:

Under the 2008 Action Plan for Faster Immigration, CIC began to limit FSW application intake to priority occupations.
In 2010, the Department added caps to the number of new applications.
In June 2012, the Jobs, Growth and Long-Term Prosperity Act eliminated most of the remaining FSW applications received before February 27, 2008.
In July 2012, CIC issued a temporary pause on new FSW applications, excluding candidates with a qualifying job offer or those applying under the PhD stream.
Taken together, these efforts have dramatically reduced the total number of people waiting in the FSW backlog from a height of 640,000 people in 2008 to approximately 100,000 today, even with new applications received since the 2008 Action Plan.

“By tackling the backlog to make way for a faster, more flexible just-in-time immigration system, newcomers to Canada will be able to fully participate in the economy more quickly,” said Minister Kenney. “Immigration plays a vital role in our country's long-term prosperity. By improving our economic immigration system, we can ensure that Canada is competitive on the world stage.”

In 2013, CIC plans to admit between 53,500 to 55,300 Federal Skilled Workers, including their spouses and dependants. CIC intends to lift the current pause on FSW applications in 2013, when the new selection criteria are expected to take effect. The final regulatory changes will be available in the Canada Gazette later this year.

Photo of Minister Kenney will be available later today at: w ww.cic.gc.c a/english/department/media/photos/high-res/index.asp.
What's good there? 100 000 application left throughout the world. Those 55000 include also dependants, which means they will finalize up to approx 25000-35000 applications (taking into account dependants)?
I don't really understand how are they going to clear 100000 applications backlog in two years, having this quota...
What do you think guys?

Jak2012

Jul 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2010
Doc's Request.
May 2010
File Transfer...
July 1 2012
Med's Request
Feb 2012
Med's Done....
March 7 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Nov 22 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Since 2003
Galian said:
What's good there? 100 000 application left throughout the world. Those 55000 include also dependants, which means they will finalize up to approx 25000-35000 applications (taking into account dependants)?
I don't really understand how are they going to clear 100000 applications backlog in two years, having this quota...
What do you think guys?
I agree with you if they really want to clean the 100"000 backlog then they should continue the pause or hire more officers
since they are not mentioning neither of these measures I doubt a cleanup will be completed in 2013 I still remember when I applied early 2010 cic web site was posting 6 months processing time ! here we go over 30 months and not yet finished :(
But I am still optimistic to have good news for all or most of this forum members soon ;)

really it has been pain for many of early 2010 applicants
From what I see applications after June 2010 being processed faster than early 2010 ones
Do you guys agree with that
If yes any explanation. ??

Cytric

Feb 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo-->Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2010
Doc's Request.
March 2010
AOR Received.
Nov. 2010
IELTS Request
Sent with app.
File Transfer...
Mar 2010
Med's Request
Mar 2012
Med's Done....
April 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
June 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Aug 2013
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
Jak2012 said:
I agree with you if they really want to clean the 100"000 backlog then they should continue the pause or hire more officers
since they are not mentioning neither of these measures I doubt a cleanup will be completed in 2013 I still remember when I applied early 2010 cic web site was posting 6 months processing time ! here we go over 30 months and not yet finished :(
But I am still optimistic to have good news for all or most of this forum members soon ;)

really it has been pain for many of early 2010 applicants
From what I see applications after June 2010 being processed faster than early 2010 ones
Do you guys agree with that
If yes any explanation ??
I agree with you. As from forum observations, applications on or after June 2010 being processed earlier. Even the medical in June 2012 already got PPR, but look at us. I applied in Feb 2010 and did medical in April 2012, but still, not the acknowledgement of medical receipt. Is this fair at all?

CyTric

marmar1984

Oct 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-OTT
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 28, 2010
Doc's Request.
October 2010
AOR Received.
Feb 2011
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
YES
Med's Done....
done
Passport Req..
April 10, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 07, 2013
LANDED..........
May 11, 2013
I applied in September 2010 and nothing happened more than a file number ???

PQR

Champion Member
Jun 25, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
April 2013
Galian said:
What do you think guys?
you are right, it seemed all confusing to me, don't know what is their intentions

justtheme

May 2, 2010
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo >> Ottawa >> Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-12-2010
AOR Received.
03-09-2011
IELTS Request
7.5 / 9
File Transfer...
03-09-2011
Med's Request
29-5-2013
Med's Done....
10-6-2013
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
26-9-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Decision made
LANDED..........
Already in Canada
Two days I got a call from my MP Olivia Chow. Her office wanted to check if my application had advanced any further... It hasn't.

I remember talking to a different MP a year ago and their office told me that, if my case hadn't progressed by February 2012, I should let them know. Nothing has happened.

Btw, I applied in Dec. 2010. I've already renewed my work permit 3 times and I won't be able to do it again. The government just set a limit of 4 years for work permits and I've reached that limit. This is incredible. The government has a huge backlog, people need to wait for their PR applications to be approved but they don't allow work permits longer than 4 years... Non sense!

I don't believe in anything the gov says.

alexalex

Star Member
Oct 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo - Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2011
Doc's Request.
Sep 2013
AOR Received.
July 2011
Med's Request
Sep 2013
Med's Done....
Sep 2013
Passport Req..
Sep 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 2013
LANDED..........
Dec 2013
The cumulative duration regulation establishes a maximum allowable duration of four years that a temporary foreign worker can work in Canada, followed by a period of four years in which the worker would not be eligible to work in Canada. It takes effect April 1, 2011 for all TFWs; therefore, the earliest date that a TFW could reach the four-year cumulative duration is April 1, 2015.

So you are good till 2015 and as minister said all applicants received till today will be processed till the end of 2014.

Also read about exceptions:

Exceptions

The four-year cumulative duration will not apply to TFWs entering under one of the following occupations:

TFWs seeking to work in managerial (NOC 0) or professional occupational (NOC A);
TFWs who have applied for permanent residence and have received:
a Certificat de sélection du Québec (CSQ) if applying as a Quebec Skilled Worker;
a Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) certificate if applying as a provincial nominee;
an approval in principle letter if applying under the Live-in Caregiver Class;
a positive selection decision if applying under the Federal Skilled Worker Class;
a positive selection decision if applying under the Canadian Experience Class;
TFWs who are employed in Canada under an international agreement, such as NAFTA, the Seasonal Agricultural Worker Program, or another agreement;
TFWs who are exempt from the Labour Market Opinion process, including
Spouses and common-law partners of highly skilled TFWS;
Charitable or religious workers;
Entrepreneurs, intra-company transferees, researchers and academics;
Others for purposes of self-support (refugee claimants) or humanitarian reasons (destitute students, holders of Temporary Resident Permits valid for at least six months).

Jak2012

Jul 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2010
Doc's Request.
May 2010
File Transfer...
July 1 2012
Med's Request
Feb 2012
Med's Done....
March 7 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Nov 22 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Since 2003
Cytric said:
I agree with you. As from forum observations, applications on or after June 2010 being processed earlier. Even the medical in June 2012 already got PPR, but look at us. I applied in Feb 2010 and did medical in April 2012, but still, not the acknowledgement of medical receipt. Is this fair at all?

CyTric
Not fair at all
At least it is expected to have a confirmation of receiving medicals and update where is the application is sitting
But receiving non informative useless automated e mails likely is not a respected way of answering high professionals working in Canada serving Canadians or abroad

I am wondering if there some way for us ( pre June 2010 applicants who did not receive update such medicals were not updated on e case) to act as group to find a representative to present our situation to the right authorities such as media or the honourable minister or the honourable prim minister
If any one has good Idea pls share with us in this forum and let's communicate in here to find out how we can help out
Thanks

Cytric

Feb 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo-->Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2010
Doc's Request.
March 2010
AOR Received.
Nov. 2010
IELTS Request
Sent with app.
File Transfer...
Mar 2010
Med's Request
Mar 2012
Med's Done....
April 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
June 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Aug 2013
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
Cytric said:

CyTric
Similar question were raised earlier on too, but nothing helped. It's all about destiny. Nothing can be done besides waiting, waiting & waiting !! :(

CyTric

mjtajik

Jul 10, 2012
Jak2012 said:
Not fair at all
At least it is expected to have a confirmation of receiving medicals and update where is the application is sitting
But receiving non informative useless automated e mails likely is not a respected way of answering high professionals working in Canada serving Canadians or abroad

I am wondering if there some way for us ( pre June 2010 applicants who did not receive update such medicals were not updated on e case) to act as group to find a representative to present our situation to the right authorities such as media or the honourable minister or the honourable prim minister
If any one has good Idea pls share with us in this forum and let's communicate in here to find out how we can help out
Thanks
1- well if you ask me there is no honour in their name... more of a shame
2- I think if we act separately, we would have more impact... look at the class action lawsuit... they lost because the government wanted to deal with them in one single case... we should contact the Ottawa office and more importantly contact the MP's offices until they do their job

so, my offer is to send email, mail, fax and phone call as much as you can... at least you have made some evidence in the case you need to use them in future in the a curt to appeal their decision (like if they tell you: "you didn't send some document" you can say that: "based on this email and that email, I had asked Ottawa if my file is complete... so you can go S^ck some D!ck... so on and so forth...)

mjtajik

Jul 10, 2012
I'm practising what I preach...

-I send inqiry emails every week (despite the fact that none of them has been answered)

-I'm working with 2 MP's offices to follow up on my case

-I talk to my close friends, colleagues, ordinary people in coffee shop... describe my situation and ask them to do not vote conservative (or liberal for that matter)