+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Buffalo to Ottawa Transferred Cases(FSW) - Pls join here

Trick

Apr 1, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Cytric,

I think both of us are travelling in the same boat.Did u apply in Feb 2010?.I applied in Feb 2010 and no movement in my case after buffalo requested medical,updated FBI and bank statements.When I thought things will happen faster buffalo got closed.I have ordered CAIPS notes to see if Ottawa has woken up.I think Ottawa should also update their files on which date they opened boxes transferred from Bufffalo(Just kidding).

It is what it is ,all the best to you and hope that all of us will be through with this cumbersome procedure as soon as possible.

Cytric

Feb 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo-->Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2010
Doc's Request.
March 2010
AOR Received.
Nov. 2010
IELTS Request
Sent with app.
File Transfer...
Mar 2010
Med's Request
Mar 2012
Med's Done....
April 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
June 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Aug 2013
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
Trick said:
Hi Cytric,

I think both of us are travelling in the same boat.Did u apply in Feb 2010?.I applied in Feb 2010 and no movement in my case after buffalo requested medical,updated FBI and bank statements.When I thought things will happen faster buffalo got closed.I have ordered CAIPS notes to see if Ottawa has woken up.I think Ottawa should also update their files on which date they opened boxes transferred from Bufffalo(Just kidding).

It is what it is ,all the best to you and hope that all of us will be through with this cumbersome procedure as soon as possible.
Hello Trick,
I applied in feb, 2010. Nothing then after medicals in april. Buffalo closure has ruined us, but still believe tht someday somehow, wait should be over. Best wishes for all of us.

CyTric

gaurav1182

Mar 19, 2012
Hello All,
I am Gaurav working as mechanical design engineer with one of the mining equipment manufacture in Sudbury, Ontario. My employer had received positive LMO for my position & on the basis of it i got my work permit issued for 2 years now. I just wanted to know whether i will be eligible to apply under FSW category on the basis of arranged employement and work permit & if yes than how much time it would take to process my case under this category as of now? One more thing, I read on website that for skill level A, foreign workers language test is not requied, Is it true? because on the other hand i have also heard that language test score is must to apply under FSW.
Thanks,
Gaurav

alexalex

Star Member
Oct 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo - Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2011
Doc's Request.
Sep 2013
AOR Received.
July 2011
Med's Request
Sep 2013
Med's Done....
Sep 2013
Passport Req..
Sep 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 2013
LANDED..........
Dec 2013
gaurav1182 said:
Hello All,
I am Gaurav working as mechanical design engineer with one of the mining equipment manufacture in Sudbury, Ontario. My employer had received positive LMO for my position & on the basis of it i got my work permit issued for 2 years now. I just wanted to know whether i will be eligible to apply under FSW category on the basis of arranged employement and work permit & if yes than how much time it would take to process my case under this category as of now? One more thing, I read on website that for skill level A, foreign workers language test is not requied, Is it true? because on the other hand i have also heard that language test score is must to apply under FSW.
Thanks,
Gaurav

Yes, you can apply under FSW2 (Arranged Employment) if you have enough 'points' for FSW program. It takes about 2.5 years now to get PR (can be less or more). If you can apply under provincial program, try that first as it could be faster. Not sure about language, I was from A, but did my test (IELTS).
Thanks,
Alex

Trick

Apr 1, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have a feeling that they have not even opened some of the boxes.Ottawa,In letters to some of the forum members,have mentioned that they are processing cases on date by date basis,Which means earlier cases will be issued PR first.However,I am feb 2010 applicant and I have see applicants who filed later then me have got Passport request and I have no information about my file.

Hi Cyptic ,

Have you ordered CAIPS after your file was moved to Ottawa.

Thanks,
Trick

Trick

Apr 1, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Does anybody knows if Ottawa has certain number of visas to be issued in year 2012 or not for M1 applicants.

greatlakes

Star Member
Sep 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Apr 2010
Doc's Request.
Aug 2010
AOR Received.
2nd AOR May 2011
Med's Request
May 2 2013
Med's Done....
May 7 2013
Interview........
N A
Passport Req..
Jul 3, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Aug 1, 2013
LANDED..........
Aug 1, 2013
My application to Syndey, NS was filed Apr 20th 2010.
1st AOR Aug 2010
2nd AOR May 2011

No medicals yet. I followed up with OTT-Pilot in Aug 12 and got response last month that
my application is still under process and no action is required from my side.

Since I have 2+ yrs exp, I filed another application under CEC category.

I have done whatever I can from my side. I continue to play the waiting game.

ramcm31

Star Member
Sep 21, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo to CPP-Ottawa????
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5-Aug-2011
Doc's Request.
12-June-2013
AOR Received.
31-Oct-2011
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
9-Jan-2012
Med's Request
15-July-2013
Med's Done....
19-July-2013
Passport Req..
22-August-2013
LANDED..........
Currently in canada on work permit
greatlakes said:
My application to Syndey, NS was filed Apr 20th 2010.
1st AOR Aug 2010
2nd AOR May 2011

No medicals yet. I followed up with OTT-Pilot in Aug 12 and got response last month that
my application is still under process and no action is required from my side.

Since I have 2+ yrs exp, I filed another application under CEC category.

I have done whatever I can from my side. I continue to play the waiting game.
When did u applied for CEC? Do you get any updates on your CEC application?

What does ur Ecas shows? since you applied in 2 different categories?

greatlakes

Star Member
Sep 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Apr 2010
Doc's Request.
Aug 2010
AOR Received.
2nd AOR May 2011
Med's Request
May 2 2013
Med's Done....
May 7 2013
Interview........
N A
Passport Req..
Jul 3, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Aug 1, 2013
LANDED..........
Aug 1, 2013
I sent CEC app last week. So i dont have answers to your questions about ecas status

shadow_moon

Star Member
Jan 20, 2010
I agree with you that Ottawa has not even opened some of the boxes (LITERALLY Of course!!!)
There is nothing in my CAIPS notes (which I received a week ago) about the processing my application in OTTAWA or somewhere else than Buffalo!!!!
I do not not agree with the statement as Ottawa is processing the applications based on the date they were received; as there are examples of applicants receiving PPR but applied much later than other applicants!

Trick said:
I have a feeling that they have not even opened some of the boxes.Ottawa,In letters to some of the forum members,have mentioned that they are processing cases on date by date basis,Which means earlier cases will be issued PR first.However,I am feb 2010 applicant and I have see applicants who filed later then me have got Passport request and I have no information about my file.

Hi Cyptic ,

Have you ordered CAIPS after your file was moved to Ottawa.

Thanks,
Trick

Trick

Apr 1, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Greatlakes,

No Medical's issued yet,I can understand how frustrating it must have been for you.Try to get CAIPS to see how far your application has been in the process.

I have sent many emails to them but Nawabs(Kings or Royals doesn't have time to reply)
I have done medicals but doesn't help if Ottawa is just not going to do anything.So I have ordered CAIPS to know more about my file

Thanks,
Trick

bahadur30

Mar 29, 2012
India
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa - CPP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-01-2013
AOR Received.
14-02-2013
File Transfer...
DID UPFRONT MEDICAL
Med's Request
22-06-2013
Med's Done....
22-06-2013
Interview........
Waived Off
Passport Req..
08-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
13-12-2013
LANDED..........
18-12-2013
Hi All -

Do we have anybody here who has received any sort of communication from Ottawa? The more important is to know if they are functional or not.

I have a great feeling that their priorities are CEC rather than FSWP. What do you think?

greatlakes

Star Member
Sep 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Apr 2010
Doc's Request.
Aug 2010
AOR Received.
2nd AOR May 2011
Med's Request
May 2 2013
Med's Done....
May 7 2013
Interview........
N A
Passport Req..
Jul 3, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Aug 1, 2013
LANDED..........
Aug 1, 2013
Is CAIPS really useful? Has it helped anyone? Based on my readings, they simple tell you when and where your file was touched.

Trick said:
Hi Greatlakes,

No Medical's issued yet,I can understand how frustrating it must have been for you.Try to get CAIPS to see how far your application has been in the process.

I have sent many emails to them but Nawabs(Kings or Royals doesn't have time to reply)
I have done medicals but doesn't help if Ottawa is just not going to do anything.So I have ordered CAIPS to know more about my file

Thanks,
Trick

ONT_R

Star Member
Sep 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa -> Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 2010
AOR Received.
Feb 2011
Med's Request
July 2013
Med's Done....
July 2013
Passport Req..
Sept 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Visa recieved Oct 2013
LANDED..........
Oct 2013
i dont understand why a CEC would be faster than a FSW2, i mean for Canada, for the country, it should be the same value ... both are working for more than 2 years, paying taxes, same kind of checking is done, same tests ... weird

Cytric

Feb 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo-->Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2010
Doc's Request.
March 2010
AOR Received.
Nov. 2010
IELTS Request
Sent with app.
File Transfer...
Mar 2010
Med's Request
Mar 2012
Med's Done....
April 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
June 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Aug 2013
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
shadow_moon said:
I agree with you that Ottawa has not even opened some of the boxes (LITERALLY Of course!!!)
There is nothing in my CAIPS notes (which I received a week ago) about the processing my application in OTTAWA or somewhere else than Buffalo!!!!
I do not not agree with the statement as Ottawa is processing the applications based on the date they were received; as there are examples of applicants receiving PPR but applied much later than other applicants!
I do not not agree with the statement as Ottawa is processing the applications based on the date they were received either. They are just playing with the words which can be evidenced in the forum all over.

CyTric