October 28, 2013 Passport sent on November 06,2013
VISA ISSUED...
October 25, 2013 Received on November 22, 2013
LANDED..........
Soon
aashay12 said:
Guys, critical situation.
Need to change the visa H1B to F-1.
Last stage of processing....sent the medicals....
Is it advisable to change at this stage...
Even if i did, would it be a problem at the port of entry.
I got my visa status changed from F2 to H4 from the 1st of October,2013. I informed CIC and submitted all new scanned status documents on October 22 (after doing my medical). I also submitted scanned copy of updated Generic application and Schedule A for me and my spouse with scanned status documents. And after that I got Passport request on October 28. So I think honesty is the best policy.

com2canada

Jun 23, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-11-2010
Doc's Request.
19-09-2013; Submitted on 04-10-2013
AOR Received.
25-02-2011
File Transfer...
To CPP-Ottawa 07-07-2012
Med's Request
+ RPRF Request, 10-07-2013
Med's Done....
11-08-2013; sent via eMed 22-08-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
09-10-2013, Decision Made. Passport sent 10-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
09-10-2013. Passport received 25-10-2013
LANDED..........
18-11-2013
Landed last nite at Edmonton Int'l Airport on our way back from the US. Whole process was less than 10 mins. :) :) :)

mike2ca

Jun 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo->Ottawa->Port of Spain
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-03-2011
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
N/A
IELTS Request
submitted with application
File Transfer...
24-04-2013 to Port of Spain
Med's Request
30-08-2013
Med's Done....
06-09-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
07/11/2013, received 18/11/2013
LANDED..........
In Plan
Hi kipling1222,

Thank you!

I checked my CPR and didn't find any documents list for what I can or what I can't bring with me for landing. But there is a separate letter also. In that letter, they suggest to go to www.canadainternational.gc.ca and then select "Going to Canada" for more info. I didn't look at it yet. Hopefully, it helps.

Let's keep in touch here for info exchange regarding landing and stuff.

Good luck with everything!

Mike

kipling122 said:
Hey Mike, congrats and can you please tell me if your CPR lists the documents you need to take along while landin

mike2ca

Jun 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo->Ottawa->Port of Spain
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-03-2011
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
N/A
IELTS Request
submitted with application
File Transfer...
24-04-2013 to Port of Spain
Med's Request
30-08-2013
Med's Done....
06-09-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
07/11/2013, received 18/11/2013
LANDED..........
In Plan
Hi assshay12,

Don't worry about it. I had a similar situation as you when I was asked to do medical, to update my doc and to submit my passport. The difference is that I already changed to F-1 when CIC contacted with me for further process. Theoretically, they approve on your application based upon the condition when you submitted your application for the first time. At this time, you just submit everything to prove that you are legally residing in US. I would suggest that, other than updated doc for Canada immigration, you also submit all the documents for your status of change from H1B to F-1 and also, ask your intended school of enrollment to write a letter saying that your status of change in US is pending and according to USCIS, your status now is legal. Make sure to put every critical date in that letter plus an I-20 form if you already got one. Please also ask your previous employer to write an employment verification letter with the last day of your employment at this place. Then, you should be in good shape and nothing to worry about it.

With regard to entry to Canada. I didn't land yet. But I would assume that as long as you prove that you are legally residing in US. You should be fine.

Mike

aashay12 said:
Guys, critical situation.
Need to change the visa H1B to F-1.
Last stage of processing....sent the medicals....
Is it advisable to change at this stage...
Even if i did, would it be a problem at the port of entry.

kipling122

Star Member
Dec 4, 2012
toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-05-2011
Doc's Request.
23-07-2013
AOR Received.
15-07-2011
IELTS Request
sent with initial application
Med's Request
16-09-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
oct 23
VISA ISSUED...
nov 4
LANDED..........
dec 4
mike2ca said:
Hi kipling1222,

Thank you!

I checked my CPR and didn't find any documents list for what I can or what I can't bring with me for landing. But there is a separate letter also. In that letter, they suggest to go to www.canadainternational.gc.ca and then select "Going to Canada" for more info. I didn't look at it yet. Hopefully, it helps.

Let's keep in touch here for info exchange regarding landing and stuff.

Mike
Hi Mike, thanks for the help. I'll check the link today.

paul2587

Star Member
Jan 1, 2013
NS
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
2011july20 said:
I'm from NJ and waiting for PPR. If that time comes, I plan to drive across the border via Niagara falls. Does any body know what I can carry and what not to carry. We have two cars, my wife and kid are both US citizens. However, we plan to move with our household stuff for easy start. How does that work? Do we have to hire a U-Haul or a transportation company like a trailer that can carry everything at one time then we drive our two cars? we are confused, and please help.
The good news for you is that unlike most, you will not need to send your passport to CIC once you get your PPR. If you come from any country in the EU, the US, or any other country that doesn't require a visa to visit Canada, then you will not need to send your passport to CIC; instead, CIC will send you a COPR and other paperwork and that is your entry visa for your PR. The only people that have to send their passports to CIC after getting PPR are from countries that require a visa to enter Canada to visit. I'm from an EU/Schengen Area country so I was pleasantly surprised to get the email PPR stating "Passport(s): You are exempted from obtaining a visa to visit Canada under Regulation 190 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act; therefore you do not need to submit original passports to finalize your application." If you are a US/EU citizen already, your PPR email will say the same thing and you will only need to email scanned copies of your passport photo/data page back to CIC; you'll never need to send or relinquish your passport.

zw2012_84

Sep 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-04-2011
Doc's Request.
23-01-2014 Forms and Ref. Letter
AOR Received.
31-05-2011
File Transfer...
07-07-2012 to CPP-Ottawa
Med's Request
07-10-2013 & RPRF Requested.
Med's Done....
01-11-2013 E-Medical Sent.
Passport Req..
19-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
04-03-2014
LANDED..........
04-03-2014
paul2587 said:
zw, if you are already in Canada and you have a job offer, the docs might be different anyway. If you've been in Canada the entire time since you applied for PR and you haven't left at all, they might not even ask for a police certificate (you never know...). Additionally, if you have left, there seems to be some question as to whether they will request the FBI or local/state police certificates, as that varies from person to person, so it's difficult to predict in advance. And, for some of the documents like proof of funds, you can't do that too far in advance because the whole point of their request is to verify that you currently have the amount you need. You can fill out the generic IMM forms but that's about it at this point, and you never know, they might not request more. As you are a fellow 2011 applicant, expect them to at least ask for the IMM form updates (which are almost identical to what you sent in your original application, just updated since it's been 2+ years), and since you are an FSW1, expect a proof of funds request. Additionally, they might ask for a reference from your current employer (or school if you are a full time student) just to verify what you are doing right now, and that's something you can probably get done ahead of time. The forms will probably be IMM0008, IMM5669, IMM5406, and IMM0008.3e ("Schedule 3"). That's what they asked me for and you and I have similar timelines and are both FSW1.
Thanks for the great suggestions. I also saw that, for some cases (uncommon), CIC request ME, Updated Docs, and Passport at the same time. That definitely saved the officers and applicants a lot of time. :)

alwayspositive

Aug 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo to Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6/2011
Doc's Request.
7/2013
AOR Received.
8/2011
Med's Request
10/2013
Med's Done....
10/2013 In process: 1/2014 Additional Doc Request: 2/2014
Passport Req..
2/14
VISA ISSUED...
2/14
LANDED..........
5/2014 ( in Canada since 2009)
zw2012_84 said:
Thanks for the great suggestions. I also saw that, for some cases (uncommon), CIC request ME, Updated Docs, and Passport at the same time. That definitely saved the officers and applicants a lot of time. :)
It appears those who were transferred to Port of Spain got medical and passport requests lumped together.

aashay12

Star Member
Jun 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
buffalo transferred to ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
july 2011
Med's Request
25th october 2013
Med's Done....
yes
Interview........
no
Passport Req..
first week of january
VISA ISSUED...
24/1/14
LANDED..........
13 nov, a day before the visa expires
mike2ca said:
Hi assshay12,

Don't worry about it. I had a similar situation as you when I was asked to do medical, to update my doc and to submit my passport. The difference is that I already changed to F-1 when CIC contacted with me for further process. Theoretically, they approve on your application based upon the condition when you submitted your application for the first time. At this time, you just submit everything to prove that you are legally residing in US. I would suggest that, other than updated doc for Canada immigration, you also submit all the documents for your status of change from H1B to F-1 and also, ask your intended school of enrollment to write a letter saying that your status of change in US is pending and according to USCIS, your status now is legal. Make sure to put every critical date in that letter plus an I-20 form if you already got one. Please also ask your previous employer to write an employment verification letter with the last day of your employment at this place. Then, you should be in good shape and nothing to worry about it.

With regard to entry to Canada. I didn't land yet. But I would assume that as long as you prove that you are legally residing in US. You should be fine.

Mike
Mike,

Thank you for the detailed reply, i will look more into it.
and thank to all those who have replied.
Again i would still not know what needs to be done till next month(as in status change)
but i will always maintain my status in the US.
Its been two weeks since i have sent the medicals and looking for the RPRF
So hopefully..i get it this month or next so status change would not be a problem.
Thank you again.

string11

Dec 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20 oct 2011
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
jan 2012
IELTS Request
attached with application
Med's Request
8th nov 2013
Med's Done....
25th nov 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
24 Jan 2014
hey forum members,
I too have changed my status since the application was filed, but I have not been asked for other document other than FBI, PCC and RPRF, Do i have to send the change of status document?
Your views who went through such ..
thank you.
aashay12 said:
Mike,

Thank you for the detailed reply, i will look more into it.
and thank to all those who have replied.
Again i would still not know what needs to be done till next month(as in status change)
but i will always maintain my status in the US.
Its been two weeks since i have sent the medicals and looking for the RPRF
So hopefully..i get it this month or next so status change would not be a problem.
Thank you again.

string11

Dec 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20 oct 2011
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
jan 2012
IELTS Request
attached with application
Med's Request
8th nov 2013
Med's Done....
25th nov 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
24 Jan 2014

crazyberns

Star Member
Apr 8, 2011
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-07-2011
Doc's Request.
sent with application
Nomination.....
no
AOR Received.
07-09-2011
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
It didn't say...
Med's Request
09-12-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2014
LANDED..........
30-05-2014
Hi guys,

It's been a long time since I browsed this forum. As per our ECAS, they just started processing our application last November 12, 2013. I guess that's a good thing 'coz it's been a loooooooooonnnng wait.

Question guys...

1.How long do you think is the wait to get a medical request or even an interview? Or maybe they will request more docs?
2.My wife being the primary applicant, do you think she has to take the IELTS again since it has already been expired? If so, it's like back to square one. :(

Let's hope for the best. Thanks guys!

alwayspositive

Aug 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo to Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6/2011
Doc's Request.
7/2013
AOR Received.
8/2011
Med's Request
10/2013
Med's Done....
10/2013 In process: 1/2014 Additional Doc Request: 2/2014
Passport Req..
2/14
VISA ISSUED...
2/14
LANDED..........
5/2014 ( in Canada since 2009)
crazyberns said:
Hi guys,

It's been a long time since I browsed this forum. As per our ECAS, they just started processing our application last November 12, 2013. I guess that's a good thing 'coz it's been a loooooooooonnnng wait.

Question guys...

1.How long do you think is the wait to get a medical request or even an interview? Or maybe they will request more docs?
2.My wife being the primary applicant, do you think she has to take the IELTS again since it has already been expired? If so, it's like back to square one. :(

Looking at the general timelines for FSW1 June/July 211 applicants, you are likely to receive medical request soon. But again every case is different.
Your wife will not need to re-do IELTS.

paul2587

Star Member
Jan 1, 2013
NS
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
crazyberns said:
Hi guys,

Question guys...

Your case is definitely an example of how everyone's application is different. For most of us, our ECAS status was stuck in RBVO until we received med requests, and didn't change in the ECAS status line until after our PPR. For me, my status only just changed from RBVO to 'Decision Made' last week but I never had 'In Process' or 'Processing' in my ECAS at any point. And some people received med request, RPRF and PPR all at the same time! It's definitely a guessing game.

hyjk1982

Apr 26, 2011
Visa Office......
Do not know
NOC Code......
PGP
App. Filed.......
04-05-2017
AOR Received.
13-06-2017
I am waiting for my police clearance.