Waived
Passport Req..
June 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Aug 2013
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
iamlindayoung said:
I won't say that they would do that intentionally, but imagine, if you request the status, they would need to wait till some one is available to look at your request, then give you an update, so that would probabely take some time. That way, you entire processing might be slowed down. However, I indeed read it some where they said repeated inquiries may slow down your case. Your timeline is somewhat similar to mine, and i just landed a few days ago, so I am assuming yours should be soon.
I agree with you but can help myself sometimes to refrain from inquiries.

So, how is the new life in Canada? I hope everything is moving smoothly with you. Good luck with your transitioning and exciting PR life.

CyTric

iamlindayoung

Aug 27, 2012
Cytric said:
I agree with you but can help myself sometimes to refrain from inquiries.

So, how is the new life in Canada? I hope everything is moving smoothly with you. Good luck with your transitioning and exciting PR life.

CyTric
Thank you. I totally see what you mean. I was bugging my local MP a lot before to get my status updates too.

Life is pretty much the same as before PR, since I came here on work permit and settled here ever since 2008. However, the biggest advantage of having PR for now is I can go get whichever job I want, and can work part-time too, or even open up my own practice instead of working under someone!!! Wish you the very best too!

D

Deleted member 103187

Since I use others' progress to estimate mine, I thought I should post my progress too.

Exactly 30 months after I submitted my application,I just received request for medicals and RPRF from Mexico City VO. Email is below

Mr. XXX,
In reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada; we inform you that you must provide this office with the following documents:
- Updated schedule A
- Updated Additional family information form
- Medical exams
- Payment of the right to permanent residence fee
- Police certificate from XXXX

I have 2 questions though:

I am however surprised they didn’t ask for passport because when LA visa office requested my friend to do medicals last month, they also asked him to send his passport. How come it’s different in this case? And how long has Mexico (or other visa offices in US and Ottawa) been taking recently to ask for passport after medicals?

Secondly, I need your opinion; I am getting married in 3 weeks or so and I’m considering adding my spouse to the application. Is it better to send them the documents they requested right away or wait until after the marriage to include my spouse? Will including her further delay my PR? And by how long approximately?

Your advice is welcome. Thanks

iamlindayoung

Aug 27, 2012
ozonezone234 said:
Since I use others' progress to estimate mine, I thought I should post my progress too.

Exactly 30 months after I submitted my application,I just received request for medicals and RPRF from Mexico City VO. Email is below

Mr. XXX,
In reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada; we inform you that you must provide this office with the following documents:
- Updated schedule A
- Medical exams

I am however surprised they didn't ask for passport because when LA visa office requested my friend to do medicals last month, they also asked him to send his passport. How come it's different in this case? And how long has Mexico (or other visa offices in US and Ottawa) been taking recently to ask for passport after medicals?

Secondly, I need your opinion; I am getting married in 3 weeks or so and I'm considering adding my spouse to the application. Is it better to send them the documents they requested right away or wait until after the marriage to include my spouse? Will including her further delay my PR? And by how long approximately?

To Q1: It's possible. Different office has different practice. For me, mine was processed in Ottawa, my passport request came 1 YEAR AFTER my medical exam request.
To Q2: I think to be safe, retain a lawyer. But if I were you, I may not mention at this point, because you ARE GOING TO GET MARRIED, so technically you ARE NOT MARRIED AT THIS POINT. So I would do the disclosure when I obtained marriage certificate which marks the beginning of marriage in most cases.

Cytric

Feb 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo-->Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2010
Doc's Request.
March 2010
AOR Received.
Nov. 2010
IELTS Request
Sent with app.
File Transfer...
Mar 2010
Med's Request
Mar 2012
Med's Done....
April 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
June 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Aug 2013
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
ozonezone234 said:

Mr. XXX,
- Updated schedule A
- Medical exams

I am however surprised they didn't ask for passport because when LA visa office requested my friend to do medicals last month, they also asked him to send his passport. How come it's different in this case? And how long has Mexico (or other visa offices in US and Ottawa) been taking recently to ask for passport after medicals?

Secondly, I need your opinion; I am getting married in 3 weeks or so and I'm considering adding my spouse to the application. Is it better to send them the documents they requested right away or wait until after the marriage to include my spouse? Will including her further delay my PR? And by how long approximately?

I am not quite sure for first part.
For second part, if your application gets finalized before marriage than you don't need to declare your spouse. In 3 weeks it doesn't seem likely. So I think you need to wait or otherwise you can add your spouse after marriage. Remember you need to declare your change in family composition while your application is in process. It is mandatory, otherwise you may not be able to sponsor your spouse later on. You need marriage certificate to add your spouse. I believe adding your spouse may extend your processing time. I added my spouse last march and I believe that is also playing role in my long wait, along with other reasons.
Hope it helps some.

CyTric

FSWCA_11

May 7, 2013
Looks like Mexico City VO is doing something but has anyone got any updates from the Port of Spain VO?
Congrats to all, who got PPR/MR lately :)

D

Deleted member 103187

iamlindayoung said:
To Q1: It's possible. Different office has different practice. For me, mine was processed in Ottawa, my passport request came 1 YEAR AFTER my medical exam request.
To Q2: I think to be safe, retain a lawyer. But if I were you, I may not mention at this point, because you ARE GOING TO GET MARRIED, so technically you ARE NOT MARRIED AT THIS POINT. So I would do the disclosure when I obtained marriage certificate which marks the beginning of marriage in most cases.
Thanks iamlindayoung, I hope it doesn't take ONE YEAR.

D

Deleted member 103187

Cytric said:
I am not quite sure for first part.
For second part, if your application gets finalized before marriage than you don't need to declare your spouse. In 3 weeks it doesn't seem likely. So I think you need to wait or otherwise you can add your spouse after marriage. Remember you need to declare your change in family composition while your application is in process. It is mandatory, otherwise you may not be able to sponsor your spouse later on. You need marriage certificate to add your spouse. I believe adding your spouse may extend your processing time. I added my spouse last march and I believe that is also playing role in my long wait, along with other reasons.
Hope it helps some.

CyTric
Thanks CyTric

D

Deleted member 103187

FSWCA_11 said:
Looks like Mexico City VO is doing something but has anyone got any updates from the Port of Spain VO?
Congrats to all, who got PPR/MR lately :)
Thanks

av11

Apr 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo --> Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 12, 2011
Doc's Request.
May 28, 2013
File Transfer...
July 2012
Med's Request
June 13, 2013
Med's Done....
June 17, 2013 (sent via emedical June 21)
Passport Req..
July 17, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Received passport w visa August 7, 2013
I finally heard from CIC Ottawa today so thought I'd share my info. I received an email requesting updated forms and updated employment letter. No MR or police certificates request yet, but I am happy that something is finally happening. My timeline is as follows:

Category: FSW2
Applied: May 12, 2011
AOR: June 2011
Transfer to Ottawa: July 2012
In Canada since 2007

zw2012_84

Sep 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-04-2011
Doc's Request.
23-01-2014 Forms and Ref. Letter
AOR Received.
31-05-2011
File Transfer...
07-07-2012 to CPP-Ottawa
Med's Request
07-10-2013 & RPRF Requested.
Med's Done....
01-11-2013 E-Medical Sent.
Passport Req..
19-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
04-03-2014
LANDED..........
04-03-2014
av11 said:
I finally heard from CIC Ottawa today so thought I'd share my info. I received an email requesting updated forms and updated employment letter. No MR or police certificates request yet, but I am happy that something is finally happening. My timeline is as follows:

In Canada since 2007
Thanks for sharing, av11. Our timelines are close. But I have not heart anything from Ottawa.

Edmontonion204

Star Member
Oct 20, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo to Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-03-2011
Doc's Request.
August 2, 2013 sent on August 9, 2013
AOR Received.
13-04-2011
IELTS Request
Sent with
File Transfer...
07-05-2011 and to Ottawa in July 2012
Med's Request
July 15, 2013
Med's Done....
July 30, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
January 13, 2014 by the grace of almighty Allah
VISA ISSUED...
January 19, 2014
LANDED..........
Edmonton, Alberta since 2009
zw2012_84 said:
Thanks for sharing, av11. Our timelines are close. But I have not heart anything from Ottawa.
I think they are processing FSW2 category (with job offer) first. Me and you have applied under FSW1 (without job offer) so may be our turn will come after completing of FSW2.

fiath

Apr 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-05-2011
Doc's Request.
29-05-2013
AOR Received.
mid June 2011
Med's Request
26-06-2013
Med's Done....
10/7/2013
Passport Req..
14/8/2013
VISA ISSUED...
Soon
LANDED..........
Wow great! My application is 1 day earlier than you, hope I'll get some good news soon too.
av11 said:

In Canada since 2007

Andy11

Star Member
Jul 22, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-04-2011
AOR Received.
11-05-2011
File Transfer...
Transferred to CPP Ottawa on July 2012 from Buffalo
Med's Request
30-09-2013
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
zw2012_84 said:
Hi zw2012_84,
i have timeline close to you. my timeline is on left. i also haven't heard anything from Ottawa yet. Not even about any transfer. So, i guess our files are going to get processed at Ottawa only. Hope they send some kind of communication regarding our files.

Have you heard any news about file transfer from them? Do you have job offer? Mine is without job offer.

Thanks,
Andy

Andy11

Star Member
Jul 22, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-04-2011
AOR Received.
11-05-2011
File Transfer...
Transferred to CPP Ottawa on July 2012 from Buffalo
Med's Request
30-09-2013
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
Edmontonion204 said:
I think they are processing FSW2 category (with job offer) first. Me and you have applied under FSW1 (without job offer) so may be our turn will come after completing of FSW2.
I agree with you Edmontonion204. I am planning to apply for CAIPS notes this week. At least we can see if Ottawa started our background check or not. Or any Visa officer assigned to our files or not.
Have you applied for CAIPS notes recently?

Thanks,
Andy