NA
Passport Req..
Feb 20 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 13 2013
LANDED..........
Jun 09 2013
Rossei said:
Hey, I remember you. I'm doing good Masha-Allah.

Anu, you should really fill out your profile info on left so that people get idea about when you applied and how processing is getting done for your case. The next step is going to be receiving Acknowledgement Of Receipt (AOR) and/or Medical Request (MR). With AOR you will receive bunch of file numbers with which you will be able to access your e-CAS. AOR will probably come in email; but actual MR may come either in mail or email. With MR, you have to do medical test with any DMP near you and the DMP will forward your test result to Ottawa.

The time-line is really changing nowadays. People who applied in Jan-Feb (like me) got their AOR and MR after 6 months. People who applied later are getting these only after 4 months. So, it may be good for you.
Dear Rossei,

Thanks a lot for your response. You believe it or not I wanted to fill out my profile on friday but gave up, anyways on your suggestion I have updated now :)

The information was useful, however few questions.....Is there anything I need to be done before getting AOR and MR or should I wait until I get response from CIC??? Also after getting AOR and MR anything I should not miss for further delays?

So how'z the weather out there? Here the temperature started falling down :'(

rgds
Anu

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
anu_pallavi said:
Dear Rossei,

Thanks a lot for your response. You believe it or not I wanted to fill out my profile on friday but gave up, anyways on your suggestion I have updated now :)

The information was useful, however few questions.....Is there anything I need to be done before getting AOR and MR or should I wait until I get response from CIC??? Also after getting AOR and MR anything I should not miss for further delays?

So how'z the weather out there? Here the temperature started falling down :'(

rgds
Anu
Some do their medical in advance to save some time. I've no idea how you do that without actual MR. Besides, I don't prefer that either. It's totally up to you. You cannot do much other than wait for your AOR/MR. You can do some research on selecting your DMP meanwhile. You will need photos as well for doing medical (generally, Canadian Passport size but also depends on your DMP). You can start saving to pay RPRF if you haven't paid earlier.

It's a bad weather @Toronto now, chilled and rainy. I don't exactly know where you live (guessing in Alberta).

anu_pallavi

Jun 8, 2011
Harrisburg
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 05 2011 (CIC)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
May 05 2011 (AINP)
AOR Received.
Oct 05 2011
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
CPP-O
Med's Request
Oct 05 2011
Med's Done....
April 01 2012
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
Feb 20 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 13 2013
LANDED..........
Jun 09 2013
Rossei said:
Some do their medical in advance to save some time. I've no idea how you do that without actual MR. Besides, I don't prefer that either. It's totally up to you. You cannot do much other than wait for your AOR/MR. You can do some research on selecting your DMP meanwhile. You will need photos as well for doing medical (generally, Canadian Passport size but also depends on your DMP). You can start saving to pay RPRF if you haven't paid earlier.

It's a bad weather @ Toronto now, chilled and rainy. I don't exactly know where you live (guessing in Alberta).
Hi Rosie,

Well I do not prefer either, its always better to wait for AOR/MR then to do medical later. Yes you are true now I need to start saving for RPRF :eek:

Coming to myself I live in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, USA. I was there in Toronto for a year on Work Permit during 2005-2006, love the city.....really need to appreciate the public transportation out there......

Hey in my last reply I forgot to ask the main important question, you said for you it took 6 months to get AOR/MR and for few it took just 4 months.....this timeline calculates from the date of Application or the date of Draft encashment? I'm bit confused....

You got your PR for 10 months if I'm not wrong, initially CIC will give PR stamped in the passport? What about the PR Card which will be similar to US's Green Card? When do you get that?

rgds
Anu

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
anu_pallavi said:
Hi Rosie,

Well I do not prefer either, its always better to wait for AOR/MR then to do medical later. Yes you are true now I need to start saving for RPRF :eek:

Coming to myself I live in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, USA. I was there in Toronto for a year on Work Permit during 2005-2006, love the city.....really need to appreciate the public transportation out there......

Hey in my last reply I forgot to ask the main important question, you said for you it took 6 months to get AOR/MR and for few it took just 4 months.....this timeline calculates from the date of Application or the date of Draft encashment? I'm bit confused....

You got your PR for 10 months if I'm not wrong, initially CIC will give PR stamped in the passport? What about the PR Card which will be similar to US's Green Card? When do you get that?

rgds
Anu
Draft encashment is an unofficial way to know that you application went through 1st stage smoothly. Normally, we count the days from the day Buffalo received your application. In my case, my application reached Buffalo on 18 Jan, 2011 and I finally got my PPR on 8 Sep, 2011 (Visa and landing was on 20 Sep, 2011). That's pretty much done within 8 months period.

After you officially land in Canada, Immigration Officers/ Border Customs will verify your address and let you know that your PR card will be mailed to the address from Nova Scotia in 4~6 weeks of time.

anu_pallavi

Jun 8, 2011
Harrisburg
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 05 2011 (CIC)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
May 05 2011 (AINP)
AOR Received.
Oct 05 2011
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
CPP-O
Med's Request
Oct 05 2011
Med's Done....
April 01 2012
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
Feb 20 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 13 2013
LANDED..........
Jun 09 2013
Rossei said:
Draft encashment is an unofficial way to know that you application went through 1st stage smoothly. Normally, we count the days from the day Buffalo received your application. In my case, my application reached Buffalo on 18 Jan, 2011 and I finally got my PPR on 8 Sep, 2011 (Visa and landing was on 20 Sep, 2011). That's pretty much done within 8 months period.

After you officially land in Canada, Immigration Officers/ Border Customs will verify your address and let you know that your PR card will be mailed to the address from Nova Scotia in 4~6 weeks of time.
Hmm 8 months was really quick compared to current processing time, really you are lucky one!!! Basically we do not have any job offer, we applied on H1 B recruitment stream category via AINP....we are planning to get a job first then landing officially in Canada. Will that work?

Also the second option we have: work in USA but stay in Canada (I mean staying in border and commuting everyday for work)...Not sure whether it will happen or not as its entirely depending on Job oppurtunities :)

After submitting our Passports to CIC is it mandatory that immediately we have to go towards Border Immigration office for visa stamping while receiving Passport back?

Sorry I think I'm bugging you too much :-[

rgds
Anu

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
anu_pallavi said:
Hmm 8 months was really quick compared to current processing time, really you are lucky one!!! Basically we do not have any job offer, we applied on H1 B recruitment stream category via AINP....we are planning to get a job first then landing officially in Canada. Will that work?

Also the second option we have: work in USA but stay in Canada (I mean staying in border and commuting everyday for work)...Not sure whether it will happen or not as its entirely depending on Job oppurtunities :)

After submitting our Passports to CIC is it mandatory that immediately we have to go towards Border Immigration office for visa stamping while receiving Passport back?

Sorry I think I'm bugging you too much :-[

rgds
Anu
Anu:

PR Visa/ Immigration Visa is a single-entry one that can be valid up to 12 months. Normally, it's given till the expiry of your medical results. I had this Visa valid for 10 months. So, you can land anytime during this period.

And good luck hunting a job...

anu_pallavi

Jun 8, 2011
Harrisburg
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 05 2011 (CIC)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
May 05 2011 (AINP)
AOR Received.
Oct 05 2011
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
CPP-O
Med's Request
Oct 05 2011
Med's Done....
April 01 2012
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
Feb 20 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 13 2013
LANDED..........
Jun 09 2013
Rossei said:
Anu:

PR Visa/ Immigration Visa is a single-entry one that can be valid up to 12 months. Normally, it's given till the expiry of your medical results. I had this Visa valid for 10 months. So, you can land anytime during this period.

And good luck hunting a job...
Thanks a lot hopefully will get a good job!!!! Rosie corrrect if I'm wrong, the PR visa/ Immigration visa initially it would be Provided for single entry but later as you said earlier Nova Scotia will send the PR card to the confirmed canadian address (what we provide) will be having multiple entries, right!!!

Anu

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
anu_pallavi said:
Thanks a lot hopefully will get a good job!!!! Rosie corrrect if I'm wrong, the PR visa/ Immigration visa initially it would be Provided for single entry but later as you said earlier Nova Scotia will send the PR card to the confirmed canadian address (what we provide) will be having multiple entries, right!!!

Anu
Anu:

Once you have PR card, you won't need a Visa to enter/travel to Canada anymore. But you have to carry your PR card along with your Passport while traveling.

anu_pallavi

Jun 8, 2011
Harrisburg
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 05 2011 (CIC)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
May 05 2011 (AINP)
AOR Received.
Oct 05 2011
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
CPP-O
Med's Request
Oct 05 2011
Med's Done....
April 01 2012
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
Feb 20 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 13 2013
LANDED..........
Jun 09 2013
Rossei said:
Anu:

Once you have PR card, you won't need a Visa to enter/travel to Canada anymore. But you have to carry your PR card along with your Passport while traveling.
Rossie,

My understanding was correct then..... I was confused with word "SINGLE ENTRY" but now its clear :)
You should be getting PR card in another few weeks, right!!! Let me know once you get PR Card, All the best!!!

Anu

Tanyar2408

Star Member
Jan 22, 2011
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
07/13 (fingerprints for Canada criminal check)
Nomination.....
08/10
AOR Received.
never got
Med's Request
dec 13th
Med's Done....
Dec 16th
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
01-09-12
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
12 months now and still no medical request :mad:

TRUONGAN

Nov 18, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
CIO Received Oct 9 2012
AOR Received.
Nov 26 2012
Med's Request
Nov 29 2012
Med's Done....
December 8 2012
Interview........
In process Feb 12 2013
Passport Req..
March 27 2013
Tanyar2408 said:
12 months now and still no medical request :mad:
I recommend you to check with the Visa Office responsible for processing your application to find out. It is very rare that an application is not triggered within 12 months of receipt.

They may have sent correspondence to an incorrect email or address.
or
Your file is under a stringent security checks if you have a criminal records in Canada???

If you are in Canada, seek for helps from your MP. I believe this will be cleared as soon as they receive your inquiry.

laptop

Mar 27, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
BUFFALO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
01-09-2010
TRUONGAN said:
I recommend you to check with the Visa Office responsible for processing your application to find out. It is very rare that an application is not triggered within 12 months of receipt.

or
Your file is under a stringent security checks if you have a criminal records in Canada???

If you are in Canada, seek for helps from your MP. I believe this will be cleared as soon as they receive your inquiry.
Hi , could i know what MP is stand for ?

Tanyar2408

Star Member
Jan 22, 2011
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
07/13 (fingerprints for Canada criminal check)
Nomination.....
08/10
AOR Received.
never got
Med's Request
dec 13th
Med's Done....
Dec 16th
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
01-09-12
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
TRUONGAN said:

or

I have called and email and not getting any response.. I will go try talking with my MP let you know how it goes...

Thanks for you help