16-08-2011
Passport Req..
01-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
01-01-2012
LANDED..........
20-01-2012
Hello
I have applied to buffalo after receiving SINP nomination (student category) for me and my wife(my depandant)in Jan 2011. My wife is still residing in INDIA. Just wondering, when we receive medical request from Buffalo , do we both receive separate letters, one for me and one for my wife in India?

If I am the only one to receive medical request for both me and my wife, how do I proceed further, so that I can get my wife's medical get done in India?

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
sinpguy said:
Hello
I have applied to buffalo after receiving SINP nomination (student category) for me and my wife(my depandant)in Jan 2011. My wife is still residing in INDIA. Just wondering, when we receive medical request from Buffalo , do we both receive separate letters, one for me and one for my wife in India?

If I am the only one to receive medical request for both me and my wife, how do I proceed further, so that I can get my wife's medical get done in India?
I got similar situation and was told in other thread that my wife will proceed with her medical and later steps in her country of residence. I'm not sure whether you will get MED REQ both for yourself and your wife here. But I'm guessing that you will and it will be written on there that how she may proceed. I think you have to send her the request personally (if not mailed to her separately from Buffalo) and she completes her medical test with the designated doctor over in India.

This may kill some time; but you can't contact them either before getting the FILE NO. :(

sinpguy

Jul 3, 2011
Saskatoon
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-01-2011
Nomination.....
15-12-2010
AOR Received.
25-07-2011 (by email)
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
02-08-2011
Med's Done....
16-08-2011
Passport Req..
01-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
01-01-2012
LANDED..........
20-01-2012
Thanks Rosie. Sorry for a late reply.. So are you sure about the procedure for the spouse what you mentioned here.. Cos I read somewhere, that once we get our medicalsrequest, we have to send a letter to Buffalo requesting them let our spouse do their medicals at back home. Then buffalo will send a medical request to spouse address.. This will kill more time. I hope its the way you told.
Do you think Buffalo will answer this kind of questions now, so that we can make sure and plan ahead..

Also is it true that, Federal and provincial immigartion have an agreement that provincial nominees get their visiting visa by showing nominee letter.. I read in one of your post. Just wondering so that I can apply visiting visa for my spouse before we go through this whole process.. Before she applied work permit visa -TRV(spouse of skilled worker category). But she got refused saying she dont have enough ties in India, so she wont go back.. let me know if there is any agreement like that.
Thanks in advance

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
sinpguy said:
Thanks Rosie. Sorry for a late reply.. So are you sure about the procedure for the spouse what you mentioned here.. Cos I read somewhere, that once we get our medicalsrequest, we have to send a letter to Buffalo requesting them let our spouse do their medicals at back home. Then buffalo will send a medical request to spouse address.. This will kill more time. I hope its the way you told.
Do you think Buffalo will answer this kind of questions now, so that we can make sure and plan ahead..

Also is it true that, Federal and provincial immigartion have an agreement that provincial nominees get their visiting visa by showing nominee letter.. I read in one of your post. Just wondering so that I can apply visiting visa for my spouse before we go through this whole process.. Before she applied work permit visa -TRV(spouse of skilled worker category). But she got refused saying she dont have enough ties in India, so she wont go back.. let me know if there is any agreement like that.
Thanks in advance
I actually don't know the procedure for spouse outside Canada. If I have to ask Buffalo for her med req after I get my request, that doesn't make any sense when I said in my application that she is an accompanying member of my family. And that will kill some time for sure. I hope that some senior member of the forum will help us on this.

I've seen people getting their spouses on visit visa when they are either student or work permit. But once you applied for PR; it's probably unlikely that that would issue a TRV to your wife. That is because all her info that you said in the original application change (her current address, contact numbers, Canada visit information and so on) if she comes here before getting PR. My wife applied for a 20-day visit visa with my PNP certificate in March, 2011 and she was rejected...

sukhdeep

May 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13 Dec. 2010
AOR Received.
11 july 2011
File Transfer...
Seattle 26 oct 2011
Med's Request
11 july 2011
Med's Done....
13 july 2011
Rossei said:
I actually don't know the procedure for spouse outside Canada. If I have to ask Buffalo for her med req after I get my request, that doesn't make any sense when I said in my application that she is an accompanying member of my family. And that will kill some time for sure. I hope that some senior member of the forum will help us on this.

I've seen people getting their spouses on visit visa when they are either student or work permit. But once you applied for PR; it's probably unlikely that that would issue a TRV to your wife. That is because all her info that you said in the original application change (her current address, contact numbers, Canada visit information and so on) if she comes here before getting PR. My wife applied for a 20-day visit visa with my PNP certificate in March, 2011 and she was rejected...
hi guys
i got my,my wife and my sun medical together.i mailed it to india today to be done. all your dependent you have mentioned in your files you will get in same pack.i hope you will get it soon.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
Thanks sukhdeep.

I hope you will share more about the procedure re: medical test like: how your family is going to send the med test results back to you or CIC.

Please, fill out your forum profile info so that we all know about your timings.:)

sinpguy

Jul 3, 2011
Saskatoon
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-01-2011
Nomination.....
15-12-2010
AOR Received.
25-07-2011 (by email)
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
02-08-2011
Med's Done....
16-08-2011
Passport Req..
01-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
01-01-2012
LANDED..........
20-01-2012
Hello Rosie,

Can you post me when u get ur Medicals? U should get first cos u sent a couple of weeks earlier than me. Give me info on what they want us to do so that get prepare ahead. Do you know whether we need anything ready before that so that we don't kill time? Like getting appointment, how many photos also if anything else?
Also r u going to give that right of residence fee along with Medicals? Also are u able to login to the ecas yet?

Hey sukhdeep can u give us more info if u have any?

sukhdeep

May 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13 Dec. 2010
AOR Received.
11 july 2011
File Transfer...
Seattle 26 oct 2011
Med's Request
11 july 2011
Med's Done....
13 july 2011
sinpguy said:
Hello Rosie,

Can you post me when u get ur Medicals? U should get first cos u sent a couple of weeks earlier than me. Give me info on what they want us to do so that get prepare ahead. Do you know whether we need anything ready before that so that we don't kill time? Like getting appointment, how many photos also if anything else?
Also r u going to give that right of residence fee along with Medicals? Also are u able to login to the ecas yet?

Hay Sinpguy,

before You need only 3 passport size photos and you can make a appointment when you got your medical request.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
sinpguy said:
Hello Rosie,

Today is July 18 and it has been exactly 6 months from the day Buffalo received my application. I'm not sure about the photos (whether I can submit same photos I attached with original app). And I still can't login to e-cas.

I'm willing to pay the RPRF along with my medical; but don't know how exactly. Because the med results will be sent from the doctor himself I believe. If that's the case, I have to send it separately. I hope that the AOR will descrive everything.

I will continue posting my update till the end of immigration :D

sinpguy

Jul 3, 2011
Saskatoon
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-01-2011
Nomination.....
15-12-2010
AOR Received.
25-07-2011 (by email)
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
02-08-2011
Med's Done....
16-08-2011
Passport Req..
01-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
01-01-2012
LANDED..........
20-01-2012
Hello Rossie,
Just noticed in another thread you mentioned you recieved some mail from Buffalo... Was it an email? Can you give me more details? Hope and pray that u get it soon.. and me too..

sinpguy

Jul 3, 2011
Saskatoon
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-01-2011
Nomination.....
15-12-2010
AOR Received.
25-07-2011 (by email)
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
02-08-2011
Med's Done....
16-08-2011
Passport Req..
01-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
01-01-2012
LANDED..........
20-01-2012
Hey also Rossie,

Did you apply to fort erie or buffalo? Does that make any difference? I applied to fort erie..
Also did u mentioned your wife visa denied in your application? I mentioned and I kept a copy of refusal letter from New delhi embassy (like she dont have ties in India etc.. page)
Do you think visa denial will make delay?

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
sinpguy said:
Hey also Rossie,

Did you apply to fort erie or buffalo? Does that make any difference? I applied to fort erie..
Also did u mentioned your wife visa denied in your application? I mentioned and I kept a copy of refusal letter from New delhi embassy (like she dont have ties in India etc.. page)
Do you think visa denial will make delay?
I applied to Fort Erie as far I remember. I belief it would be sent to Fort Erie even if you mail it to you Buffalo. It shouldn't make any difference wherever you mail.

I received an email last Friday (July 22, 2011) from CIC - Buffalo which states my UIC#, Application# and Date of Receipt. It also mentions these:
  • When should I contact CIC?
  • When will CIC contact me?
  • How do I check the status of my application?
  • How long will it take to process my application?
  • How can I prepare for immigration to Canada?
Besides, I can log into the e-cas with the UIC# given in the email now. It just says that my application was received on Jan 18, 2011.

My wife's TRV was also rejected before and I mentioned it in my application. But seems like it did not make any delay.

I hope I answered your queries. And good luck to you!