+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BUFFALO APPLICANTS - File transferred to other VO due to Buffalo closing down

coshx

May 8, 2013
To all Jan & Feb 2012 applicants (Holygun, Pari, Samlogani, etc).

I just think we need to be patient. I've been following this forum since Feb 2012 and I must confess that it's been very helpful.
What really baffles me is why some people's application gets processed more than the others even though they applied months after us. I think it's not fair on the part of CIC.
I just got tired of everything. I've not seen my wife since almost 2 years now because of this immigration process. I've requested for GCMS notes 3 times. The last one on March 26, 2013...It says Criminality in progress...Medical passed (extended), Eligibility passed. Officer wrote a note "***pending: assessment please PASS Criminality...NRT"...what does this mean? what surprises me most is how Criminality can take almost 12 months. I've only travelled to the US (2 weeks - for an academic conference) & my Country (1 month) before I applied for PR since my 4 years in Canada. Anyways, i've requested for another GCMS notes just to know what has been done. I've sent them updated history, RCMP check and Police certificate from my country even though they didn't ask for it.
But I do believe the end is here...

My status is this...

Application Received @ CIO: Feb 17, 2012.
AOR and Medical Requests: March 27, 2012.
Medical Received: May 11, 2012.
In process: March 27, 2013.
PPR: Still waiting.
Landing: Still waiting.

Holygun

Mar 28, 2012
mkb87 said:
I called the CIC call centre to get any update on my application, but the agent said he does not have access to my application because it in the visa offices. He asked me to contact Ottawa by email or fax to get answer.
Isn't it strange? What does it mean that they don't have access to my application? CIC call centre suppose to have access to all application.

Is there any thoughts?
THEY HAVE ACCESS TO ALL FILES. But they don't bother to check the applications.

Edmontonbound

Mar 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 10, 2012
Nomination.....
Dec 07, 2011
AOR Received.
May 23, 2012
Med's Request
May 23 2012
Med's Done....
May 29, 2012 In Process.......:May 31, 2013
Passport Req..
Sep 04, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Sep 03, 2013 PP Received w/ visa Oct 04, 2013
LANDED..........
Oct 18, 2013
coshx said:
To all Jan & Feb 2012 applicants (Holygun, Pari, Samlogani, etc).

I just think we need to be patient. I've been following this forum since Feb 2012 and I must confess that it's been very helpful.
What really baffles me is why some people's application gets processed more than the others even though they applied months after us. I think it's not fair on the part of CIC.
I just got tired of everything. I've not seen my wife since almost 2 years now because of this immigration process. I've requested for GCMS notes 3 times. The last one on March 26, 2013...It says Criminality in progress...Medical passed (extended), Eligibility passed. Officer wrote a note "***pending: assessment please PASS Criminality...NRT"...what does this mean? what surprises me most is how Criminality can take almost 12 months. I've only travelled to the US (2 weeks - for an academic conference) & my Country (1 month) before I applied for PR since my 4 years in Canada. Anyways, i've requested for another GCMS notes just to know what has been done. I've sent them updated history, RCMP check and Police certificate from my country even though they didn't ask for it.
But I do believe the end is here...

My status is this...

Application Received @ CIO: Feb 17, 2012.
AOR and Medical Requests: March 27, 2012.
Medical Received: May 11, 2012.
In process: March 27, 2013.
PPR: Still waiting.
Landing: Still waiting.
Your latest GCMS notes should say your criminality is passed. In fact it was about to be passed last time you ordered your notes. The fact that the officer recommend to pass your criminality with NRT (No Reportable Trace). I think you should expect something really soon. Did they ask your wife to re-do her medical?

coshx

May 8, 2013
Edmontonbound said:
Your latest GCMS notes should say your criminality is passed. In fact it was about to be passed last time you ordered your notes. The fact that the officer recommend to pass your criminality with NRT (No Reportable Trace). I think you should expect something really soon. Did they ask your wife to re-do her medical?
No. Our medicals were extended. They were extended before they expired. Thanks Bro!
I'm eagerly waiting for the passport request...

a2work

Star Member
Oct 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa (old Buffalo)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May-2011
Nomination.....
March-2011
File Transfer...
July-2012
Med's Done....
1st:Oct-2011 2nd: Mar-2013
Are there any more Pre-September 2011 applicants left on this forum ?

Its really frustrating specially on CPP-Ottawa's part to not process older applications... :( while their are lucky people who applied just in 2012 and getting PRs.

I am afraid CPP-O might end up returing our applications to avoid back log as they did for pre Feb 2008 applicants.

:-X

mkb87

Star Member
Oct 5, 2012
Visa Office......
Buffalo, CPP- Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 7,2010
Doc's Request.
Nov 21, 2010
File Transfer...
April 2012
Med's Request
May 2012
Med's Done....
May 2012
Passport Req..
Sep 17,2013
VISA ISSUED...
Sep 17,2013
LANDED..........
Oct. 18,2013
a2work said:

Its really frustrating specially on CPP-Ottawa's part to not process older applications... :( while their are lucky people who applied just in 2012 and getting PRs.

I am afraid CPP-O might end up returing our applications to avoid back log as they did for pre Feb 2008 applicants.

I am FSW,
Applied: June 2010
Medical: May 2012
RPRF: June 2012
PR: waiting

Unfortunately, CIC processing strategy is completely unfair.

ukzulu

Feb 26, 2013
WAHOOO, my ecas changed to Decision Made!!! I recently had my medicals re-done, which i tracked the envelope - it arrived in ottawa April 9th 2013.

Logged on today to ecas today and saw this..... the first change in ecas i have seen since Nov 2011 medical received! A lot of logging on and being disapointed!

"We received your application for permanent residence on August 22, 2011.

We started processing your application on May 6, 2013.

Medical results have been received.

A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision. "
Anyway, how long do I have before I could expect a request for passport? Also the Decision Made.... could it be negative or would they have told me straight away instead of torturing me? I had some slight medical concerns and a slight blemish on CR. SO im still really nervious.

ukzulu said:
Long time follower of this forum thread. First time posting.

Category........: BC PNP
Visa Office......: Buffalo
App. Filed.......: Jun/2011
AOR Received.: Aug/2011
Med's Request: Oct/2011
Med's Done....: Nov/2011
App. Transferred: Jul/2012
Med's Re-Request: Feb/2013

Just thought i would share my info as i have seen valuable info form others posts.

After not hearing anything for months i finally received an email from cic. They are asking for me to redo my medical as they could not extend it for me. I guess thats a good thing as they are finially looking at my file again!

I have one question though, i had minior surgery on my nose to help improve my breathing. This was done in Canada, where i work and pay my med insurance. Does anyone know if this will be brought up in my medical and/or could it affect my application :( ?

nima514

Apr 27, 2012
Montreal
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec. 2010
Med's Done....
May 2011
there are many who are still waiting. You often hear about ones that get the PPR.

a2work said:

sali84

Jun 20, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo and Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-07-2011
AOR Received.
27-10-2012
Med's Request
27-10-2012
Med's Done....
14-10-2012
Passport Req..
30-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
24-09-2013
LANDED..........
29-09-2013
Hi All,

I sent my RPRF, Personal History, few forms again on Feb 28th 2013 and haven't heard back since then. My timeline is as follows:

Application filed - 18 July 2011
A.O.R & Medical email sent (28 Oct 2011) but never received until an year later - 28 Oct 2012
My and wife's medicals done - 14 Nov 2012
Asked for more updated documents and to pay RPRF - 21st Feb 2013 sent on 28th Feb 2013.

On the CIC website, they say all files received before Sep 01, 2011 have been reviewed and visas are being issued. I don't why they ask for the forms again.

Anybody having a similar situation.

-Thanks

samlogani

Jan 6, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sali84 said:
Hi All,

I sent my RPRF, Personal History, few forms again on Feb 28th 2013 and haven't heard back since then. My timeline is as follows:

Application filed - 18 July 2011
A.O.R & Medical email sent (28 Oct 2011) but never received until an year later - 28 Oct 2012
My and wife's medicals done - 14 Nov 2012
Asked for more updated documents and to pay RPRF - 21st Feb 2013 sent on 28th Feb 2013.

On the CIC website, they say all files received before Sep 01, 2011 have been reviewed and visas are being issued. I don't why they ask for the forms again.

Anybody having a similar situation.

-Thanks
Well, I have my RPRF and additional docs submitted on 6 march 2013. Nothing after that, just a note in my E-cas, your app started processing on 30April 2013

I am just waiting

sali84

Jun 20, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo and Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-07-2011
AOR Received.
27-10-2012
Med's Request
27-10-2012
Med's Done....
14-10-2012
Passport Req..
30-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
24-09-2013
LANDED..........
29-09-2013
My e-case status is

We received your application for permanent residence on July 18, 2011.
We started processing your application on December 13, 2011.
Medical results have been received.

coshx

May 8, 2013
samlogani said:
Well, I have my RPRF and additional docs submitted on 6 march 2013. Nothing after that, just a note in my E-cas, your app started processing on 30April 2013

I am just waiting
Any news for the remaining Jan & Feb 2012 applicants?

PHILCAD

Star Member
Aug 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Bufalo to Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 2011
AOR Received.
March 2011
File Transfer...
April 24, 2013 (Transfer to Port of Spain)
Med's Request
June 03, 2013
Med's Done....
June 24, 2013 and Received by CIC July 15, 2013
Passport Req..
August 07, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Immigrant Visa Issued 08-19-2013 (Port of Spain)
LANDED..........
September-28-2013
HI GUYS! JUST WANT TO SHARE WITH YOU THIS MOVEMENT FROM OTTAWA CIC...

I RECEIVED AN EMAIL FROM THEM MAY 07, 2013...THANK GOD THAT THE OTTAWA IS REALLY TRYING

THERE BEST TO SOLVE THIS BACKLOG...

DEAR,

This is in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada, under the Federal Skilled Worker Program.

Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) strives to improve the quality of service we provide to our clients. We are pleased to inform you that CIC has identified an opportunity to process your application more quickly. We are taking advantage of additional processing capacity at our office in Port of Spain, Trinidad and Tobago, to complete the assessment of your application.

Your application is part of a small group of files that has been transferred to the Canadian High Commission in Port of Spain. Your application was transferred to Port of Spain on April 24, 2013.

Please note that processing times vary depending on the unique circumstances of each applicant. We are therefore unable to predict the processing time for individual applications.

The Canadian High Commission in Port of Spain will communicate with you via e-mail. The email you receive will come from email addresses that end in “ @ international.gc.ca” or “ @ cic.gc.ca”. Please add these to the “safe senders” list in your email program. You should also check your junk mail folder in your email program and/or in your email website in case important emails get filtered into this folder.

Please note that our office in Port of Spain cannot respond to case status enquiries at this time. We ask you to be patient and wait until our office contacts you within the next two months. Your patience will permit the visa office to begin work on your application more quickly.

However, if your personal circumstances change, such as the birth or adoption of a child, a marriage or a divorce, you must inform the Canadian High Commission in Port of Spain immediately. As well, they must be informed if any of the following change:

· Change of email address

· Change of residential or mailing address

· Change of immigration representative (if applicable)

· Decision to withdraw your application

· Approval of Arranged Employment Opinion by Human Resources and Skills Development Canada

Please forward all future correspondence as follows:

By email: PSPAN-im-enquiry @ international.gc.ca

By mail: High Commission of Canada
Maple House, 3-3A Sweet Briar Road,
St. Clair
Port of Spain
Trinidad and Tobago

* Please include your application number, full name and date of birth on any correspondence*

Sincerely yours,
Citizenship and Immigration Canada

micaela_72

May 8, 2011
Prince Rupert, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
6241 - CHEF
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
CIO : Feb. 24, 2012
Nomination.....
Dec. 15, 2011
AOR Received.
April 20, 2012
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
Transferred to CPP-O on Mar 15th
Med's Request
April 20, 2012
Med's Done....
May 2012
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
Apr12, 2013 In Process/ May 9th - PPR! thank God
VISA ISSUED...
17-06-2013 Got our PP with VIsa & COPR :) ECas : May 17th - Decision Made
LANDED..........
maybe July
Got PPR today! :D :D :D :D :D

Thank God...

emanager

Mar 29, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
samlogani said:

I am just waiting
not even a note in my ecas