None
Passport Req..
Feb 27 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Mar 20 2013
LANDED..........
Mar 22 2013
Folks,
Less than 72 hours now and I have not heard anything from CIC so far. Are there any other pre-sept 2011 applicants in this same boat?

The only difference that I observed is that the my ecas was unavailable for few days at start of this month and then "medicals have been received" line has now vanished since few weeks. My medicals were done in Dec 2011.

appreciate if you discuss what are the next steps if there is no communication from CIC.

thanks,

msarham

Star Member
Jan 7, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-06-2011
AOR Received.
25-10-2011 ( By Email)
File Transfer...
07-07-2012
Med's Request
25-10-2011 ( By Email)
Med's Done....
02-11-2011
KY2CA said:
Folks,
Less than 72 hours now and I have not heard anything from CIC so far. Are there any other pre-sept 2011 applicants in this same boat?

The only difference that I observed is that the my ecas was unavailable for few days at start of this month and then "medicals have been received" line has now vanished since few weeks. My medicals were done in Dec 2011.

appreciate if you discuss what are the next steps if there is no communication from CIC.

thanks,

Hi KY2CA,

I am also in the same boat. didn't hear anything yet. but my ecase is the same. no change at all. Application receive, medical results recived. i had my medical in Nov, 2011.

Lets wait for 3 more days if we receive anything.

BR.
Sohail

JZG

Feb 26, 2013
KY2CA said:
Folks,

thanks,
You are not alone. I haven't heard anything from cic since the last template email saying they will look into my case in several weeks last Nov.
My ecase once disappeared for a couple of days and came back then, without anything changed except my post code was wrong updated...
Hopes cic keeps their words, at least once for the upcoming two days.

iwasan

May 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Baffalo to Ottawa(I guess)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-04-2011
AOR Received.
01-09-2011
Med's Request
21-09-2011
Med's Done....
22-09-2011
I just got remedical form via post mail.more wait and money.

newbie1982

Aug 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 16, 2011
AOR Received.
19 March,2012
Med's Request
19 March,2012
Med's Done....
March 23,2012
Passport Req..
27 March, 2013......:D
VISA ISSUED...
27 March, 2013........:D
LANDED..........
17 April, 2013............:D
iwasan said:
I just got remedical form via post mail.more wait and money.
U got mail via post? :eek: :eek: :eek: That is strange . I thought they are sending emails.........
regarding any kind of updates.

HMIDATOU

Star Member
Sep 12, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Tracy22k said:
Okayyy,

Where are we headed now?
med's re done last sunday....not sure how long before cic gets it
RPRF paid and mailed
Personal history updated and sent
Police clearance sent again...

Should I say this is a fresh application now? lol ...maybe cos i had virtually submited everything

so how long is this next wait before the email comes finally....$1m question...
2 weeks max

HMIDATOU

Star Member
Sep 12, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
biochemgal09 said:
Got an email from ottawa again (2nd email since last week),asking for my spouse's FBI clearance certificate.

Do you know how long it takes to get it? FBI website says 5-6 weeks, cic website says 16-18 weeks! I must submit FBI certificate by May 26th, 2013, and if it takes 16-18 weeks, I dont think I Can by the deadline!

I am panicking right now! Can anyone tell me the right processing time for FBI certificate, from your experience?

Thanks!
5 to 6 weeks but last time i applied it took me 3.5 weeks

HMIDATOU

Star Member
Sep 12, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
McMont said:
I can say with highest certainty now that I don't need police certificate, because
I got my passport request email :eek: :p :-* 8) See you on Florida beach.
congrats man, we are right behind u

shaikhaffi

Jan 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-DEC-2010
Nomination.....
10-OCT-2010
AOR Received.
15-JUL-2011
File Transfer...
16-MAY-2012 -- CPP Ottawa
Med's Request
15-JUL-2011
Med's Done....
18-JUL-2011
Passport Req..
April 10, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
April 25, 2013
LANDED..........
April 25, 2013
JZG said:
You are not alone. I haven't heard anything from cic since the last template email saying they will look into my case in several weeks last Nov.
My ecase once disappeared for a couple of days and came back then, without anything changed except my post code was wrong updated...
Hopes cic keeps their words, at least once for the upcoming two days.
hey,

Can you share the email you got from them back November, recently I got email from CIC regarding my case, the email was generic all it said the case being forwarded to CPP-O and looks like officer is assigned. There was no "Case Status" section in the email.. Did you get similar email in back Nov?

biochemgal09

Mar 25, 2010
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-July-2011
AOR Received.
11-Nov-2011
Med's Request
11-Nov-2011
Med's Done....
21-Nov-2011
Passport Req..
26-April-2013
VISA ISSUED...
28-May-2013 (Recvd PPts)
Thanks HMIDATOU.

And congrats to all new PR holders. All the very best.

yasmin01

Star Member
Jun 20, 2012
KY2CA said:
Folks,

thanks,
I'm also in the same situation. I sent an e-mail to Ottawa asking the current status of my application, they sent me the following generic reply -

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your message concerning your application for permanent residence.

Your file has been transferred to this office in Ottawa for processing. It will be reviewed by one of our officers, with priority given to applications that were received at CIC before 1 September 2011.

Case status:
An officer will be in contact with you in due course. In the meantime, we would ask for your patience and for you not to send follow-up requests for status to our office, unless you fall into one of the categories listed below.

When should I contact CIC?

You must notify Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) of any changes to your application. Examples of changes include:

• Changes in your personal circumstances, such as birth or adoption of a child, death of a family member, a marriage or a divorce;
• Change of contact information (e-mail, mailing address, telephone number);
• Appointment or change of immigration representative or designated individual;
• Decision to withdraw your application.

You have the option to withdraw your application at any point in the process. You will be refunded the RPRF if you have already paid it.

Need more information?
For more information concerning your Application status, you may refer to the CIC Help Centre online at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/index-can.asp

How long will it take until I am likely to be contacted and/or updated by the Case Processing Office in Ottawa?

For Provincial Nominees/ Quebec Skilled Workers ONLY

Application Received Date
Review Date*
By what date can you expect to receive the next update from CPP-O?
... before 1 September 2011
On or before 28 February 2013
By 28 February 2013
1 September – 30 November 2011
On or before 31 March 2013
By 31 March 2013
1 December – 28 February 2012
On or before 31 May 2013
By 31 May 2013
1 March – 31 May 2012
On or before 31 August 2013
By 31 August 2013
... after 1 June 2012
After 31 August 2013
After 31 August 2013

*Review Date: Please note that the Review Date means the date by which your file will be reviewed by
an officer. It does not mean that your file will necessarily be finalized by that date.

Case Processing Pilot - Ottawa | Centre de Traitement Pilote – Ottawa -WC5183
Citizenship and Immigration Canada | Citoyenneté et Immigration Canada
219 Laurier Avenue West Ottawa ON K1A 1L1 | 219 avenue Laurier Ouest
7th Floor | 7ème étage, Section B
Ottawa ON K1A 1L1 Canada
Facsimile | Télécopieur 613-946-6059
E-mail I Courriel : OttPilot-immigration@cic.gc.ca
Site : www.cic.gc.ca

nima514

Apr 27, 2012
Montreal
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec. 2010
Med's Done....
May 2011
yasmin01 said:
I'm also in the same situation. I sent an e-mail to Ottawa asking the current status of my application, they sent me the following generic reply -

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your message concerning your application for permanent residence.

Your file has been transferred to this office in Ottawa for processing. It will be reviewed by one of our officers, with priority given to applications that were received at CIC before 1 September 2011.

Case status:
An officer will be in contact with you in due course. In the meantime, we would ask for your patience and for you not to send follow-up requests for status to our office, unless you fall into one of the categories listed below.

When should I contact CIC?

You must notify Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) of any changes to your application. Examples of changes include:

• Changes in your personal circumstances, such as birth or adoption of a child, death of a family member, a marriage or a divorce;
• Change of contact information (e-mail, mailing address, telephone number);
• Appointment or change of immigration representative or designated individual;
• Decision to withdraw your application.

You have the option to withdraw your application at any point in the process. You will be refunded the RPRF if you have already paid it.

Need more information?
For more information concerning your Application status, you may refer to the CIC Help Centre online at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/index-can.asp

How long will it take until I am likely to be contacted and/or updated by the Case Processing Office in Ottawa?

For Provincial Nominees/ Quebec Skilled Workers ONLY

Application Received Date
Review Date*
By what date can you expect to receive the next update from CPP-O?
... before 1 September 2011
On or before 28 February 2013
By 28 February 2013
1 September – 30 November 2011
On or before 31 March 2013
By 31 March 2013
1 December – 28 February 2012
On or before 31 May 2013
By 31 May 2013
1 March – 31 May 2012
On or before 31 August 2013
By 31 August 2013
... after 1 June 2012
After 31 August 2013
After 31 August 2013

*Review Date: Please note that the Review Date means the date by which your file will be reviewed by
an officer. It does not mean that your file will necessarily be finalized by that date.

Case Processing Pilot - Ottawa | Centre de Traitement Pilote – Ottawa -WC5183
Citizenship and Immigration Canada | Citoyenneté et Immigration Canada
219 Laurier Avenue West Ottawa ON K1A 1L1 | 219 avenue Laurier Ouest
7th Floor | 7ème étage, Section B
Ottawa ON K1A 1L1 Canada
Facsimile | Télécopieur 613-946-6059
E-mail I Courriel : OttPilot-immigration @ cic.gc.ca
Site : www.cic.gc.ca
It basically means that we have been given a priority, whatever that means. We may have an officer assigned to us. Apparently, we should not contact CIC and ask for the status of our application. Well, my MP will certainly ask CIC about my status.

iwasan

May 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Baffalo to Ottawa(I guess)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-04-2011
AOR Received.
01-09-2011
Med's Request
21-09-2011
Med's Done....
22-09-2011
newbie1982 said:
U got mail via post? :eek: :eek: :eek: That is strange . I thought they are sending emails.........
regarding any kind of updates.
I know,but i got personal history and police certificate requested by email.so it's not like cic fail to enter my email address.

msarham

Star Member
Jan 7, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-06-2011
AOR Received.
25-10-2011 ( By Email)
File Transfer...
07-07-2012
Med's Request
25-10-2011 ( By Email)
Med's Done....
02-11-2011
Hi Guys,

Today I received an email from MHD Islamabad Pakistan (MHDISLAMABAD@imo.int) to contact them as CIC further requested for medical. We reside in Montreal and have been living and working here for four years. I had my medical done from Pakistan in Nov 2011 because at that time we were visiting Pakistan.

I dont understand why CIC send the medical request to CHC islamabad not me. I will contact them tomorrow and will ask if they can send me medical forms to me and i can re-do my medical from Montreal.

/SOhail

tank-boy

Star Member
Mar 27, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-01-2011
AOR Received.
20-07-2011
Med's Request
18-07-2011
Med's Done....
26-07-2011
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
15-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-05-2013 (received 27-05-2013)
LANDED..........
29-05-2013
KY2CA said:
Folks,

thanks,

Hey, im in the same situation as you.Not even sure if i should expect this email or im all good.My ecas status has also went through a change.Now i see only one address appear on the ecase page.Prior to that i used to see two address boxes one for the mail and one for the residence. I guess that means some visa officer has been assigned to my case???? We are going to have a baby in few weeks and im going to send cic the birth cert asap to make sure there is no more delay..I hope i get the PPR in the right time avoiding anything that can cause delay.