AOR Received.
Sept 2011
File Transfer...
July 7th 2012
Med's Request
Sept 2011 + Feb 2013
Passport Req..
4 Sep 2013 Finally
If she wants to enter US, yes ; she should have a visa if not from a visa exempt country.

But in general, one should just go there to the US border, and ask for a form to be stamped as rejected; which will indicate you have exited Canadian border.

but this is not a visa. It is sort of rejection from US. she should inform them that she is going to land in Canada, and they should take care of the issue.

She can drive to the border, and do all stuff. if everything goes fine, should not take more than an 1 hour.

jenik

Sep 7, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-02-2012
AOR Received.
25-04-2012
Med's Request
25-04-2012
Med's Done....
30-04-2012
Passport Req..
19-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-05-2013
LANDED..........
11-05-2013
gowest said:
Thank you. I used google map, it seems that you mean taking highway 15 to go down towards NY. Is that right? Does she need any US visa to do the landing in the US border? I am asking this since she normally needs a visa to enter US. And since that's the US border I guess they don't let her in without any US visa? I am not sure ... is that correct?
You can read about flag-polling at the following links:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/entry-by-road-into-canada-t66864.0.html;msg800426#msg800426
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/question-about-flagpole-t126121.0.html;msg1908763#msg1908763

gowest

Sep 29, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hmdlsd said:
If she wants to enter US, yes ; she should have a visa if not from a visa exempt country.

But in general, one should just go there to the US border, and ask for a form to be stamped as rejected; which will indicate you have exited Canadian border.

but this is not a visa. It is sort of rejection from US. she should inform them that she is going to land in Canada, and they should take care of the issue.

She can drive to the border, and do all stuff. if everything goes fine, should not take more than an 1 hour.
I see, thanks again.

gowest

Sep 29, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jenik said:
You can read about flag-polling at the following links:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/entry-by-road-into-canada-t66864.0.html;msg800426#msg800426
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/question-about-flagpole-t126121.0.html;msg1908763#msg1908763
Really helpful links. I really appreciate it.

Edmontonbound

Mar 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 10, 2012
Nomination.....
Dec 07, 2011
AOR Received.
May 23, 2012
Med's Request
May 23 2012
Med's Done....
May 29, 2012 In Process.......:May 31, 2013
Passport Req..
Sep 04, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Sep 03, 2013 PP Received w/ visa Oct 04, 2013
LANDED..........
Oct 18, 2013
newbie1982 said:
The table is official now............................

Select the first question.

Available on CIC website

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/canada/ottawa.asp
Interesting choice of words in that table. For all types except PNP, it reads all the files have been reviewed and visas are being issued. For PNP, it says the files will be reviewed! I wonder why they are giving less priority to PNP. I think PNP candidates have a better chance of earning and thus paying taxes. Oh well.

essy86

Star Member
Oct 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O / Detroit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
AOR Received.
September 2011
File Transfer...
May 2012
Passport Req..
Feb 2013
VISA ISSUED...
March 2013
LANDED..........
March 2013
Edmontonbound said:
Interesting choice of words in that table. For all types except PNP, it reads all the files have been reviewed and visas are being issued. For PNP, it says the files will be reviewed! I wonder why they are giving less priority to PNP. I think PNP candidates have a better chance of earning and thus paying taxes. Oh well.
Might have something to do with the feds sticking it to the provincial governments!

hmdlsd

Aug 31, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2011
Nomination.....
Mar 2011
AOR Received.
Sept 2011
File Transfer...
July 7th 2012
Med's Request
Sept 2011 + Feb 2013
Passport Req..
4 Sep 2013 Finally
PNP are middle class, remain middle class and die middle class.
Others bring Money, investments, or honor.
Middle class bring themselves.

Anyway, Canada is a fit for middle class. Seriously ;D

yasmin01

Star Member
Jun 20, 2012
Hi everyone, I have a question. Have any of you renewed you work permot at the border/port of entry? I'm a ontario pnp nominee, need to renew my work permit as it is taking ages to get ppr. I got the work permit support letter from opportunities ontario. I was wondering what documents do I need to provide and will it be a same day service if I go to the border and submit my application. Your input would be greately appreciated. Thank you.

Yasmin

shaikhaffi

Jan 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-DEC-2010
Nomination.....
10-OCT-2010
AOR Received.
15-JUL-2011
File Transfer...
16-MAY-2012 -- CPP Ottawa
Med's Request
15-JUL-2011
Med's Done....
18-JUL-2011
Passport Req..
April 10, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
April 25, 2013
LANDED..........
April 25, 2013
Folks,

Any of you, whose file was received by CIC before September 1st, 2011,has noticed any change on e-cas? According to CIC schedule, prior september 2011 cases should get update from CIC by end of February and I believe those updates will be in form of e-cas. So check you e-case at least once in a week.

singhcanada4

Jan 22, 2013
shaikhaffi said:
Folks,

Any of you, whose file was received by CIC before September 1st, 2011,has noticed any change on e-cas? According to CIC schedule, prior september 2011 cases should get update from CIC by end of February and I believe those updates will be in form of e-cas. So check you e-case at least once in a week.
Hi ,

My name is Singh..how do we check e-case ?? and also can u help me with this

I am on closed Work Permit in Canada and have applied for PR under FSW with Arranged Employment in May, 2011 at Buffalo, USA.

I got married an year ago and applied for Visitor VISA and Open Work Permit (based on my WP) for my wife, both of which were denied.

My queries are:
1.) Do I try applying for Visitor VISA again ? FYI- My wife didn't have a job in India then, but has one now.
OR
2.) Do I find a prospective employer in Canada and go for the LMO-WP option ?

Which option could be more successful ? Please advise.

shaikhaffi

Jan 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-DEC-2010
Nomination.....
10-OCT-2010
AOR Received.
15-JUL-2011
File Transfer...
16-MAY-2012 -- CPP Ottawa
Med's Request
15-JUL-2011
Med's Done....
18-JUL-2011
Passport Req..
April 10, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
April 25, 2013
LANDED..........
April 25, 2013
singhcanada4 said:
Hi ,

My name is Singh..how do we check e-case ?? and also can u help me with this

I am on closed Work Permit in Canada and have applied for PR under FSW with Arranged Employment in May, 2011 at Buffalo, USA.

I got married an year ago and applied for Visitor VISA and Open Work Permit (based on my WP) for my wife, both of which were denied.

My queries are:
1.) Do I try applying for Visitor VISA again ? FYI- My wife didn't have a job in India then, but has one now.
OR
2.) Do I find a prospective employer in Canada and go for the LMO-WP option ?

Which option could be more successful ? Please advise.
Hello Singh,

If you are currently living in Canada and you have already applied for PR then you cannot apply for visitor visa for your wife, the only option you have is to include her in your PR file as well which means further delays in your PR.

You can check ecase status here:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/my_application/status.asp?s=3

nima514

Apr 27, 2012
Montreal
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec. 2010
Med's Done....
May 2011
shaikhaffi said:
Folks,

I check mine twice a day. nothing new yet except that my Chrome browser tells me that CIC server certificate cannot be trusted which is not a surprising thing from CIC to me.

I believe that CIC put out the much expected timeline in an effort to please the forgotten Buffalo who are mobilizing to show their discontent with CIC in Ottawa on the 29. Moreover, CIC wants to have something to cover itself with when journalists and other MPs ask the immigration minister why we have been delayed for so long.

Since no one worked on my file From July 2012 to Dec. 15 2012 and I still don't know if an officer has been assigned to me and knowing that my security and criminality checks are not even started yet. I suspect I will receive another typical email indicating that my application is in process and I need to be patient and not contact CIC. The good thing though is that an officer might be assigned to my case and my application will be moving forward. Bad thing is that our medical exams may expire again but this time we will have to redo the medical exams which means more delay.

I think Buffalo and Ottawa neglected us for so long that despite recent priorities given to us by CIC it would yet take many more months for this stressful immigration process to be over, even for pre Sept. 2011 applicants.

MyCat

Aug 21, 2012
HI everyone,

I applied to CIC as a QSW in June 2011. I got married to a Quebecois last year and in April we are expecting our first baby.

All has been well up to now. I've been working on a temporary contract. My work permit expires in April. My work informed me they will not be renewing my contract to cover my maternity leave. So, my healthcare card and SIN will expire just around the time the baby is due. I'm not sure I'll be medically covered to have the baby here or if I'll be allowed to collect maternity benefits.

Can anyone help? Does anyone know who I should contact? I submitted my marriage certificate to CIC but obviously no one has looked at my file since then. Has anyone heard of a similar case? I'm assuming my employer has the right to do this but it really has put me in an awkward position. To add insult to injury, they told me I'd have to reapply for the position if I wanted to return to work there. And they can't make promises that they will be recruiting. I feel like I gave everything to this job and now I've been thrown to the lions. :eek:

I realise that I should have my file reviewed before end Feb but I really need a guarantee that I will have medical insurance and not end up with a huge hospital bill. Otherwise I will have to fly home to have the baby and the airlines won't let me fly after 32 weeks.

I'd appreciate any advice anyone can offer.
I'd love to go to the protest and ridicule the government for the handling of our cases but my employer won't give me the time off at such short notice. Someone please protest on my behalf! I'm tired of this insecurity. I'm too old for this craziness!

singhcanada4

Jan 22, 2013
shaikhaffi said:
Hello Singh,

If you are currently living in Canada and you have already applied for PR then you cannot apply for visitor visa for your wife, the only option you have is to include her in your PR file as well which means further delays in your PR.

You can check ecase status here
thanks for ur advice.....i did update my wife's details in my PR file . any idea how much can it delay the process.