+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BUFFALO APPLICANTS - File transferred to other VO due to Buffalo closing down

sharuu

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2009
2,134
27
Visa Office......
Buff - Ott
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
AOR Received.
September 2011
File Transfer...
July 2012
Passport Req..
December 2012
VISA ISSUED...
December 2012
LANDED..........
February 2013
Congrats to all those who have received PR and I hope that others waiting in line get soon as well! :)
 

nima514

Hero Member
Apr 27, 2012
293
0
Montreal
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec. 2010
Med's Done....
May 2011
sharuu said:
Congrats to all those who have received PR and I hope that others waiting in line get soon as well! :)
Good to see you back! The god of the forum....
I and a few others are still waiting... I have been waiting for 30 month. Taking into account the 7 month that it took to get the CSQ I have been waiting for 37 months and there is no end in sight.
I am waiting because CIC waited for 26 months to initialize my background checks. What happened I think it this. After I applied in Dec. 2010 Buffalo flagged me for "additional background checks" but they did not start the checks because I suspect they to focus on more easier cases so that they can finish as many cases as possible before the offcier is closed. Finally in 2013 CIC started my BG checks and now I hear there is a strike in CIC...lol
 

dumdumhogayamein

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2012
1,076
35
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Mississauga - Sponsorship / IRCC Delhi - Spousal Immigration
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-07-2016
AOR Received.
AOR 1: 10-08-2016; AOR 2: 31-08-2016
File Transfer...
09-10-2016
Med's Request
Pre-Medical
Med's Done....
01-06-2016
Interview........
TBD
Passport Req..
21-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
TBD
LANDED..........
TBD
Hey Folks,

Does any one know if travel is allowed if the PR card is not yet delivered but the landing is completed and that i have a work visa with a valid work permit.

Regards
 

MasterGeek

Hero Member
Jul 30, 2012
273
5
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-04-2012
AOR Received.
24-05-2012
Med's Request
24-05-2012
Med's Done....
30-05-2012
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
LANDED..........
August 2013
dumdumhogayamein said:
Hey Folks,

Does any one know if travel is allowed if the PR card is not yet delivered but the landing is completed and that i have a work visa with a valid work permit.

Regards
The work visa and permits are cancelled when you land.
 

Pari123

Hero Member
Apr 11, 2012
998
22
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26 Feb, 2012
Doc's Request.
18 Mar, 2013
Nomination.....
25 Jan,2012
AOR Received.
26 April, 2012
IELTS Request
No
Med's Request
26 April, 2012
Med's Done....
3 May 2012. In Process: May 21,2013
Passport Req..
July 23,2013
VISA ISSUED...
July 31,2013
LANDED..........
Aug 17, 2013
dumdumhogayamein said:
Hey Folks,

Does any one know if travel is allowed if the PR card is not yet delivered but the landing is completed and that i have a work visa with a valid work permit.

Regards
I wouldnt recommend to do that since your work visa is cancelled and PR is one time landing so wait for PR card
 

yanesrahn

Hero Member
Oct 7, 2008
519
31
ontario
Visa Office......
Buffalo
App. Filed.......
12-01-12
Nomination.....
28-11-11
AOR Received.
15-02-12
Med's Request
15-02-12
Med's Done....
21-02-12
Passport Req..
08-05-2013 received 10-05-20113
The officer told me that you have to applied for a visa if you want to travel outside Canada (no USA). You can go US and come back by car. The problems is the airlines are not going to allow you fly with CORP... He said that you can go to a consulate and in same day have a= the visa.. but it depend of the country.. Good luck..
dumdumhogayamein said:
Hey Folks,

Does any one know if travel is allowed if the PR card is not yet delivered but the landing is completed and that i have a work visa with a valid work permit.

Regards
 

dumdumhogayamein

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2012
1,076
35
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Mississauga - Sponsorship / IRCC Delhi - Spousal Immigration
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-07-2016
AOR Received.
AOR 1: 10-08-2016; AOR 2: 31-08-2016
File Transfer...
09-10-2016
Med's Request
Pre-Medical
Med's Done....
01-06-2016
Interview........
TBD
Passport Req..
21-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
TBD
LANDED..........
TBD
yanesrahn said:
The officer told me that you have to applied for a visa if you want to travel outside Canada (no USA). You can go US and come back by car. The problems is the airlines are not going to allow you fly with CORP... He said that you can go to a consulate and in same day have a= the visa.. but it depend of the country.. Good luck..
Thanks, if i understand this correctly as long as i have the documents to prove my landing is completed i can cross back and forth the US border by car but a big NO to FLIGHTS.
 

dumdumhogayamein

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2012
1,076
35
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Mississauga - Sponsorship / IRCC Delhi - Spousal Immigration
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-07-2016
AOR Received.
AOR 1: 10-08-2016; AOR 2: 31-08-2016
File Transfer...
09-10-2016
Med's Request
Pre-Medical
Med's Done....
01-06-2016
Interview........
TBD
Passport Req..
21-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
TBD
LANDED..........
TBD
MasterGeek said:
The work visa and permits are cancelled when you land.
Thanks, it makes sense now.
 

dumdumhogayamein

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2012
1,076
35
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Mississauga - Sponsorship / IRCC Delhi - Spousal Immigration
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-07-2016
AOR Received.
AOR 1: 10-08-2016; AOR 2: 31-08-2016
File Transfer...
09-10-2016
Med's Request
Pre-Medical
Med's Done....
01-06-2016
Interview........
TBD
Passport Req..
21-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
TBD
LANDED..........
TBD
Pari123 said:
I wouldnt recommend to do that since your work visa is cancelled and PR is one time landing so wait for PR card
Thanks
 

Curious_city

Star Member
Aug 3, 2012
87
0
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-06-2011
Doc's Request.
26-09-2011
AOR Received.
09-09-2011
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
07-07-2012
Med's Request
10-09-2011
Med's Done....
13-10-2011(Spouse's Med=19-01-2012):2nd Med=04-03-2013
Passport Req..
21-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
08-07-2013(Got it back on 25/07/2013)
LANDED..........
04-08-2013
After exact 24 months of waiting, I just got my PPR. Asked to send my PP to CPP-Ottawa.

Thanks to everyone for making the wait less painful and learning from you guys.
Lets hope the next steps wouldn't be as frustrating as the one gone.
 

sharuu

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2009
2,134
27
Visa Office......
Buff - Ott
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
AOR Received.
September 2011
File Transfer...
July 2012
Passport Req..
December 2012
VISA ISSUED...
December 2012
LANDED..........
February 2013
Curious_city said:
After exact 24 months of waiting, I just got my PPR. Asked to send my PP to CPP-Ottawa.

Thanks to everyone for making the wait less painful and learning from you guys.
Lets hope the next steps wouldn't be as frustrating as the one gone.
Congrats bud.. I am glad wait is finally over! :)
 

joel0611

Star Member
Dec 29, 2012
50
0
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/ CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
Updated personal history on 12-02-2013
AOR Received.
23-06-2011
File Transfer...
Ottawa In process 12-02-2013
Med's Done....
14-10-2011
Passport Req..
?
VISA ISSUED...
?
LANDED..........
?
This morning I received an email from CPP-O to submit a finger print. Does anybody knows what this means regarding processing my application. I searched online and i found out that there are accredited finger printing agencies around Canada, what i don't understand is can i go directly to the RCMP or its better to go to one of this accredited agencies. They have an electronics and traditional ink finger printing(electronics is faster). Can someone explain or help me out how this finger printing thing process works.

TIA
 

supp

Star Member
Feb 26, 2013
56
1
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29 nov 2011
AOR Received.
8th may 2012
Med's Request
9th may 2012
Med's Done....
26th may 2012
Passport Req..
30 may 2013/ add docs req:6th march 2013
VISA ISSUED...
june 18/ my wife june 10
LANDED..........
june 28 :)
joel0611 said:
This morning I received an email from CPP-O to submit a finger print. Does anybody knows what this means regarding processing my application. I searched online and i found out that there are accredited finger printing agencies around Canada, what i don't understand is can i go directly to the RCMP or its better to go to one of this accredited agencies. They have an electronics and traditional ink finger printing(electronics is faster). Can someone explain or help me out how this finger printing thing process works.

TIA
hey bud.. just go to one of the agencies.. and get electronic fingerprinting done.. CPPO says to get ORIGINAL fingerprinting which is traditional way acc to RMCP but that would take like ages. So get the electronic done. CPPO accept that it would take just a week to get to you. everyone does that. gud luck!!
 

joel0611

Star Member
Dec 29, 2012
50
0
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/ CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
Updated personal history on 12-02-2013
AOR Received.
23-06-2011
File Transfer...
Ottawa In process 12-02-2013
Med's Done....
14-10-2011
Passport Req..
?
VISA ISSUED...
?
LANDED..........
?
supp said:
hey bud.. just go to one of the agencies.. and get electronic fingerprinting done.. CPPO says to get ORIGINAL fingerprinting which is traditional way acc to RMCP but that would take like ages. So get the electronic done. CPPO accept that it would take just a week to get to you. everyone does that. gud luck!!
Thanks supp. Nearest agency from my place is 2 hrs. drive but I hope after submitting this finger print CPP-O is done requesting documents and decides on my application. It's 2 yrs. this june 23 since CIC AOR of my application.