Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
June 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Aug 2013
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
The people who are still wondering that it's not appropriate to email Immigration Minister, even CIC website says if you have any comments do mail us.....Check link below
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/about_us/minister/contact.asp

[/quote]

Even if you write to the minister, you will get only generic response, in different template than cpp-ott though. They have their own generic ready-made response. Nothing helpful at all.

maddyaujla

Feb 28, 2013
hi all,
writing first time in this thread
M a august 2011 applicant. I am citizen of India.
done medical in Nov 2011. did my medical again in DEC 2012 by my self.
confirmed with my MP, He told me that Ur medical is valid up to Nov 2013.
But yesterday got email from immigration office New Delhi saying that provide us with ur fresh chest X-RAY, as ur old medical which was done in nov 2011 is expired.
can anyone help me with following questions?

question-
1) i applied inside Canada and i do have work permit. But why Embassy of New Delhi is sending me request for Re medical(X-RAY)
2) do any one have idea that after providing them with the X-RAY how much approximate time they gonna take for next reply?

FOLLOWING IS THE EMAIL I GOT FROM THEM:

Dear Mr. ********
Our File # :*******

1)Name: ******
DOB: ******
I-M-E # *****
Date of initial Medical Examination : 28/11/2011

This is in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada.

The results of your initial medical examinations have expired. Further medical information is required before a decision can be reached.

We require the following additional medical examination(s):

· Fresh Chest X-ray

Take this letter to the Panel Physician (PP) who examined you for the medical assessment(s) to be arranged.

You have 30 days from the date of this letter to comply with this request. Failure to do so may result in the closing of your Immigration medical file, which may result in the refusal of your application.

Sincerely,

chicka

Jun 17, 2012
I want to show you all the letter i sent to every government official i could find that might help us.

We Buffalo Apllicants consider you to be the only person who can help us, since communication with the government has been fruitless.Therefore we would like to draw your attention to the fact that CIC (Case processing pilot- Ottawa) has been discriminating against our cases , giving priority to people who applied just a couple of months ago, and leaving us who have been waiting for more than 25 months without any news or communication.The CIC has disregarded every time line they gave us, giving priority not to the backlog, but to post july 2012 applicants, whose cases are being reviewed withing 6 months of filing.
Is this how the government is redeeming itself for creating such a massive backlog, making people spend countless efforts and money to:
- Maintain the legal status in Canada,constantly renewing work permits,
-redo medical examinations (which is quite an expense in big families),
-forego the joy of being with the loved ones.
The whole situation makes us feel like 2d sort of immigrants not deserving CIC attention.Meanwhile medical examinations keep expiring, as well as work permits, and families can not unite.
We thought that the only way to change the system is to make our concerns public.
We count on you to help us, since our voice can be heard only through your understanding.

Yours Faithfully
Forgotten Buffalo Apllicants

chicka

Jun 17, 2012
g

The only way we can speed things up is for everyone to pitch in and send email.Write one and send it to addresses mentioned above.
I bet most of you sitting behind your computers are thinking-"why should i do it", "They will do it for me".No no no that is what everybody thinks.Come on people we can do this TOGETHER.

This is a very good guy.He is from Manitoba.Doesnt matter what province you are from,just write to him.
kevin.lamoureux@parl.gc.ca

It is Unacceptable that they started reviewing september and october.We are some sort of trash to them.Well lets prove them wrong.They cant play with people lives like that.

newbie1982

Aug 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 16, 2011
AOR Received.
19 March,2012
Med's Request
19 March,2012
Med's Done....
March 23,2012
Passport Req..
27 March, 2013......:D
VISA ISSUED...
27 March, 2013........:D
LANDED..........
17 April, 2013............:D
maddyaujla said:
hi all,
writing first time in this thread
M a august 2011 applicant. I am citizen of India.
done medical in Nov 2011. did my medical again in DEC 2012 by my self.
confirmed with my MP, He told me that Ur medical is valid up to Nov 2013.
But yesterday got email from immigration office New Delhi saying that provide us with ur fresh chest X-RAY, as ur old medical which was done in nov 2011 is expired.
can anyone help me with following questions?

question-
1) i applied inside Canada and i do have work permit. But why Embassy of New Delhi is sending me request for Re medical(X-RAY)
2) do any one have idea that after providing them with the X-RAY how much approximate time they gonna take for next reply?

FOLLOWING IS THE EMAIL I GOT FROM THEM:

Dear Mr. ********
Our File # :*******

1)Name: ******
DOB: ******
I-M-E # *****
Date of initial Medical Examination : 28/11/2011

This is in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada.

The results of your initial medical examinations have expired. Further medical information is required before a decision can be reached.

We require the following additional medical examination(s):

· Fresh Chest X-ray

Take this letter to the Panel Physician (PP) who examined you for the medical assessment(s) to be arranged.

You have 30 days from the date of this letter to comply with this request. Failure to do so may result in the closing of your Immigration medical file, which may result in the refusal of your application.

Sincerely,
Hello Maddy,

I have few questions .
Where did you do your medicals in India or Canada?

I guess you have received the medical request from India because you did your medicals from India.

And have you spent some time in India since you have applied for your PR?

If you have spent sometime in India I guess CIC wants to make sure whether you have contracted any
lung diseases before giving you the PR.

Just submit your medicals and I guess you will get your PPR.

If above conditions do not apply to you then CIC has not updated your previous medical records.
Get in touch with MP.........that is all I can say.......but 30 days is very less time and you need to
sort this out . Also give a call to CIC call center they might assist you in some way.

Good Luck !!!!

Edmontonbound

Mar 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 10, 2012
Nomination.....
Dec 07, 2011
AOR Received.
May 23, 2012
Med's Request
May 23 2012
Med's Done....
May 29, 2012 In Process.......:May 31, 2013
Passport Req..
Sep 04, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Sep 03, 2013 PP Received w/ visa Oct 04, 2013
LANDED..........
Oct 18, 2013
harvie said:
and that is the truth.
@ Harvie - with due respect, I completely disagree with you. If it's random then we should see applicants from all date ranges getting PPRs. But, that's not the case. Hardly we see anyone from Dec, 2011 to May, 2012 got PPRs after November. Only PPRs and actually quite a few were given to those who had applied after June, 2012 onward. If it is still random, oh well - we need to re-define randomness!

MasterGeek

Jul 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-04-2012
AOR Received.
24-05-2012
Med's Request
24-05-2012
Med's Done....
30-05-2012
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
LANDED..........
August 2013
Some Dec 2011-Feb 2012 applicants got PPRs during the end of 2012, but March-May 2012 applicants are in the blackhole of CPP Ottawa processing :mad:

maddyaujla

Feb 28, 2013
Hello newbie1982,
Thanks for the quick reply.
I have done my first medical from Canada.
and yes its been 4 months i am in India.
I have done the second medical by myself from India on 22 Dec 2012.
and Ottawa confirmed my MP that medical is valid up to 22 Nov 2013.
I already booked appointment for my x-ray.
Lets hope for the best.
I think going on moon is easy than getting PR in Canada.

I really appreciate your reply it really helped.

Edmontonbound

Mar 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 10, 2012
Nomination.....
Dec 07, 2011
AOR Received.
May 23, 2012
Med's Request
May 23 2012
Med's Done....
May 29, 2012 In Process.......:May 31, 2013
Passport Req..
Sep 04, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Sep 03, 2013 PP Received w/ visa Oct 04, 2013
LANDED..........
Oct 18, 2013
MasterGeek said:
Some Dec 2011-Feb 2012 applicants got PPRs during the end of 2012, but March-May 2012 applicants are in the blackhole of CPP Ottawa processing :mad:
@ MasterGreek - we've almost identical timeline!

duiusa

Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa (Buffalo)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 5, 2012 (Federal)
Nomination.....
Dec, 2011
Med's Done....
July 5, 2012
Passport Req..
Sept, 2013
Cytric said:
The people who are still wondering that it's not appropriate to email Immigration Minister, even CIC website says if you have any comments do mail us.....Check link below
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/about_us/minister/contact.asp

Even if you write to the minister, you will get only generic response, in different template than cpp-ott though. They have their own generic ready-made response. Nothing helpful at all.
You might be correct in case of Immigration Minister, but I have sent email to other Members of Parliament. They have replied, it was not generic response

msarham

Star Member
Jan 7, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-06-2011
AOR Received.
25-10-2011 ( By Email)
File Transfer...
07-07-2012
Med's Request
25-10-2011 ( By Email)
Med's Done....
02-11-2011
Today I received an email rom CIC. DOnt know what to say :(

This is to advise you that we are still working on background checks for your spouse and yourself. Once completed we will send you new medical forms. For now, please wait.

Its been 1.5 years they are doing my background checks. so frustrating

BR.
SOhail

shaikhaffi

Jan 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-DEC-2010
Nomination.....
10-OCT-2010
AOR Received.
15-JUL-2011
File Transfer...
16-MAY-2012 -- CPP Ottawa
Med's Request
15-JUL-2011
Med's Done....
18-JUL-2011
Passport Req..
April 10, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
April 25, 2013
LANDED..........
April 25, 2013
msarham said:
Today I received an email rom CIC. DOnt know what to say :(

This is to advise you that we are still working on background checks for your spouse and yourself. Once completed we will send you new medical forms. For now, please wait.

Its been 1.5 years they are doing my background checks. so frustrating

BR.
SOhail
Did they sent you the email by themeselves or it was just a response to your email query?

msarham

Star Member
Jan 7, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-06-2011
AOR Received.
25-10-2011 ( By Email)
File Transfer...
07-07-2012
Med's Request
25-10-2011 ( By Email)
Med's Done....
02-11-2011
shaikhaffi said:
Did they sent you the email by themeselves or it was just a response to your email query?
It was response to my query. Actually i send them to ask for clarification because i received one email from Islamabad, pakistan for medical. I didn't understand why i received an emai from my home country.
and they replied me this. no update nothing else. THey are doing my background check for almost 1.5 years

shaikhaffi

Jan 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-DEC-2010
Nomination.....
10-OCT-2010
AOR Received.
15-JUL-2011
File Transfer...
16-MAY-2012 -- CPP Ottawa
Med's Request
15-JUL-2011
Med's Done....
18-JUL-2011
Passport Req..
April 10, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
April 25, 2013
LANDED..........
April 25, 2013
msarham said:
It was response to my query. Actually i send them to ask for clarification because i received one email from Islamabad, pakistan for medical. I didn't understand why i received an emai from my home country.
and they replied me this. no update nothing else. THey are doing my background check for almost 1.5 years
Looks like you did your medical in Pakistan that's why you got re-medical request from Islamabad because if you do medical in Pakistan regardless of your actual VO the medical results are forwarded to Islamabad and then Islamabad forwards to VO which is responsible of your file processing.

Do you know when they started BG checks on your file?