waived
Passport Req..
Jan 10 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 17 2013
LANDED..........
Jan 25 2013
canacani said:
@ glowingheart - your signature shows you landed ))
Ive been linving in canada for more than 4 years
Once i get the pr i have to land again

scb2012

Star Member
Nov 15, 2011
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-Feb-10 (CIO)
AOR Received.
Nov-2010 (From Buffalo)
File Transfer...
02-Nov-11 to NY
Med's Request
07-Mar-12
Med's Done....
16-Mar-12
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Awaited
VISA ISSUED...
Hopefully
LANDED..........
Hopefully Aug 12
Khan101 said:
Im guessing- everyones done with Meds and waiting on PPRs - like myself. Am i wrong?

You are right, people who are waiting for PPR are still active on the forum... khan101 keep us posted my timelines are same as yours... I did medicals in mid march...

Regards
scb2012

Khan101

Star Member
Oct 26, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 3, 2010
Doc's Request.
March 17, 2010
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
Oct 27, 2010
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
File Transfer...
"Review Done-Processing Started" Dec 12, 2011
Med's Request
Feb 01, 2012.
Med's Done....
March 19, 2012.
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 11, 2012.
VISA ISSUED...
May 23, 2012!!!!
LANDED..........
probably August.
scb2012 said:
You are right, people who are waiting for PPR are still active on the forum... khan101 keep us posted my timelines are same as yours... I did medicals in mid march...

Regards
scb2012

You got it.

Star Member
Apr 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 19, 2010
Doc's Request.
July 2010
AOR Received.
first - July 2010, second - November 2010
File Transfer...
July 20, 2010
Med's Request
never
Med's Done....
in advance (July 2011)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
May 10, 2012
This FBI thing delayed things for me by at least 2-3 months.. wondering why the hell didn't I know about it beforehand unlike the medicals (which I did in advance)....... just a word of wisdom to those waiting for medical requests to come... do both medicals and FBI clearance in advance not just medicals.

I am

Star Member
Jul 26, 2011
Lima - Peru
Category........
Visa Office......
Lima
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: Strange request

Khan101 said:
1- Get cover letter from FBI website. Print it out after typing your information on it. Here's the link for that Letter:

http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/background-checks/applicant-information-form

2- Print out the Finger Print Form. Ink your finger prints on it (rolling your fingers side/side). Here's the link for that Form:

http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/background-checks/standard-fingerprint-form-fd-258

3- Get $18 Money Order/Cashier's Check.

Mail everything to FBI at:

FBI CJIS Division – Record Request
1000 Custer Hollow Road
Clarksburg, WV 26306

Won't take more than 45 days (normally) to get it back (To You- that's what you need- so you can mail it to Canadian office Yourself)

PS: above info is from FBI's Page at:
http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/background-checks/submitting-an-identification-record-request-to-the-fbi

Just Hurry up- you'll be fine. Good Luck :)

Dear Kahn and 13042010,

I had the same request cause I studied many years in the states. I just received the email today with the same request as you 1304210. The thing is that I live in Lima, Peru and it is gonna take longer than 60 days to get the certificate according to what it is said in the link (FBI can take between 14 to 18 weeks or so??. Please tell me what you guys suggest i do?? Should I write a letter to them after i send them the medicals and passports and the money as they requested with a copy of the papers for the FBI showing that i have sent them?? I would appreciate very much your help please. Thank you and god bless you!!!

Khan101

Star Member
Oct 26, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 3, 2010
Doc's Request.
March 17, 2010
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
Oct 27, 2010
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
File Transfer...
"Review Done-Processing Started" Dec 12, 2011
Med's Request
Feb 01, 2012.
Med's Done....
March 19, 2012.
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 11, 2012.
VISA ISSUED...
May 23, 2012!!!!
LANDED..........
probably August.

I am said:
Dear Kahn and 13042010,

I had the same request cause I studied many years in the states. I just received the email today with the same request as you 1304210. The thing is that I live in Lima, Peru and it is gonna take longer than 60 days to get the certificate according to what it is said in the link (FBI can take between 14 to 18 weeks or so??. Please tell me what you guys suggest i do?? Should I write a letter to them after i send them the medicals and passports and the money as they requested with a copy of the papers for the FBI showing that i have sent them?? I would appreciate very much your help please. Thank you and god bless you!!!

IMHO, and I'm no expert, i say you apply for the police cert (FBI) without wasting any second. maybe it'll come back in tim. look at FBI's website any special instruction for mailing certificates to foreign countries. Also, if you don't get it by the time the afforded time is up, maybe a letter of explanation is the option (like i said, i don't know any better). Maybe, you'd like to email Canadian Consulate and ask them what you can do in case it takes a while to get your PCC. But don't delay in sending your finger prints to FBI office (with express mail- maybe include an express mail return envelope too?)

I am

Star Member
Jul 26, 2011
Lima - Peru
Category........
Visa Office......
Lima
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Khan101 said:
IMHO, and I'm no expert, i say you apply for the police cert (FBI) without wasting any second. maybe it'll come back in tim. look at FBI's website any special instruction for mailing certificates to foreign countries. Also, if you don't get it by the time the afforded time is up, maybe a letter of explanation is the option (like i said, i don't know any better). Maybe, you'd like to email Canadian Consulate and ask them what you can do in case it takes a while to get your PCC. But don't delay in sending your finger prints to FBI office (with express mail- maybe include an express mail return envelope too?)
Thank you sooooooooooooooooo much Khan. I already filled the form and hopefully tomorrow I can get the fingerprints done. Not easy here though but will do it. The visa office here gave me 60 days but with god´s grace it will get to me sooner. OMG!!! what a hustle this is. Faith and Faith and patience. Good luck to you too and will be posting any news. Just to let you know which is confusing is that along with this certificate request i also was requested for the medicals, to send the money and the passports, and to send again the divorce and custody papers. Everything i have except for the medicals which will hopefully be done by next week. Weird right?? I mean the request for the FBI certificate?Oh well, I know I am OK.Thank you again for answering right away. You are very very kind.

Star Member
Apr 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 19, 2010
Doc's Request.
July 2010
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
July 20, 2010
Med's Request
never
Med's Done....
in advance (July 2011)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
May 10, 2012

I am said:
Dear Kahn and 13042010,

You may be able to finish on time. I would just proceed with FBI NOW!!!! (they say it takes 6-8 weeks), send them a return envelope or your FedEx account number, if you do not get the clearance on time, send CIC an email before the deadline mentioning about in-process status of FBI asking for an extension of deadline. If you also need to do medicals, do that ASAP and not wait for FBI.
Good Luck.
SN

I am

Star Member
Jul 26, 2011
Lima - Peru
Category........
Visa Office......
Lima
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

13042010 said:
You may be able to finish on time. I would just proceed with FBI NOW!!!! (they say it takes 6-8 weeks), send them a return envelope or your FedEx account number, if you do not get the clearance on time, send CIC an email before the deadline mentioning about in-process status of FBI asking for an extension of deadline. If you also need to do medicals, do that ASAP and not wait for FBI.
Good Luck.
SN
Thank you so much for your words and reply. I already sent the package yesterday and it is already in Miami ufff and next stop west virginia. I am having it sent to my sister cause it is faster and then she will send it to me via dhl.They gave me 60 days to submit it the FBI certificate along with the other documents which hopefully will be ready next week. Medicals I have the appointment next week and DR. has to send it to Ottawa dhl. So if I am having the extra documents ready by next week do you think i should write to them and tell them if i can submit everything along with the passports and payment they asked for including a copy of the receipt of having send the form to the FBI??

glowingheart

May 27, 2010
AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Apr 26 2010
Doc's Request.
July 27 2010
AOR Received.
Dec 19 2010
IELTS Request
done before application
File Transfer...
Aug 4 2010
Med's Request
March 12 2012
Med's Done....
March 30 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Jan 10 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 17 2013
LANDED..........
Jan 25 2013

I am said:
Thank you so much for your words and reply. I already sent the package yesterday and it is already in Miami ufff and next stop west virginia. I am having it sent to my sister cause it is faster and then she will send it to me via dhl.They gave me 60 days to submit it the FBI certificate along with the other documents which hopefully will be ready next week. Medicals I have the appointment next week and DR. has to send it to Ottawa dhl. So if I am having the extra documents ready by next week do you think i should write to them and tell them if i can submit everything along with the passports and payment they asked for including a copy of the receipt of having send the form to the FBI??
did they asked you to send the passports?

I am

Star Member
Jul 26, 2011
Lima - Peru
Category........
Visa Office......
Lima
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

glowingheart said:
did they asked you to send the passports?
yes I just rechecked it. and it says: -copy of two first pages of passport for you and your son.
- original passport for you and all your dependants.
- also the RPP fee

glowingheart

May 27, 2010
AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Apr 26 2010
Doc's Request.
July 27 2010
AOR Received.
Dec 19 2010
IELTS Request
done before application
File Transfer...
Aug 4 2010
Med's Request
March 12 2012
Med's Done....
March 30 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Jan 10 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 17 2013
LANDED..........
Jan 25 2013

I am said:
yes I just rechecked it. and it says: -copy of two first pages of passport for you and your son.
- original passport for you and all your dependants.
- also the RPP fee
Thats Awesome!!!!
Congrats!!!!

I am

Star Member
Jul 26, 2011
Lima - Peru
Category........
Visa Office......
Lima
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

glowingheart said:
Thats Awesome!!!!
Congrats!!!!
OMG!!!! Really you think so.I really hope so you know!!!! What really worries me is the FBI paper not getting in time. i was in the states for college and later on visiting my sister. But THAT WAS SO LONG AGO. i AM OKAY. But I understand the rules and they need the paper to verify records.
Do you think I should do just send all the documents in two weeks maybe and telling them that the FBI is in process??? Or I should just wait till the 50th day moreless.What is your suggestion or anyones???
Thank you in advance

Star Member
Apr 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 19, 2010
Doc's Request.
July 2010
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
July 20, 2010
Med's Request
never
Med's Done....
in advance (July 2011)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
May 10, 2012
FBI

Received by FBI clearance in less than 4 weeks and posted to buffalo - hope PPR is next and soon.
Good luck everyone !