waived
Passport Req..
31-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
09-02-2012
LANDED..........
23-02-2012 :)
Congrats for the MR! :D

I sent my RPRF a week after I've done my advance medicals. It was $ 490 Canadian.
VO usually send RPRF equest together with the PPR if you haven't paid them yet but yeah, you have an option of sending it anytime or wait 'till they asked for it. It won't affect anything....

All the best! ;)

Anne55

scb2012 said:
Hi Folks,

Just wanted to share the news that I received medical. I was expecting in Dec 2011, but instead I received transcript request. Eventually I received medical on 07 March 2012, which was dated 22 Feb. On request from consulate I had acquired transcript from my university and sent in 4th week of Jan 2012.

Just want to ask the experienced people who have got PPR, or waiting PPR, when do we pay "Right of Permanent Residence Fee" 490 Per adult)?

And is that USD 490 or CAD 490 per adult.

Thanks
-scb2012

Simp

Nov 6, 2010
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I just gt updated ecas status today that medicals hv been rcvd.i had my medical done 6 wks back and at the same time gt my electronic finger print sent with RPRF.

So how much more time to hear about pp request? Do they update that they hv rcvd police Clarence from RCMP canada or the addition of line that medical rcvd means they r done with police Clarence as well?

Thanks

S

jenny4u82

Star Member
Jan 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2010
AOR Received.
May 2010 (2nd AOR Oct 2010)
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
File Transfer...
May 2010
Med's Request
May 17, 2012
Med's Done....
May 29, 2012
Interview........
Passport Req..
Feb 25, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
God know better!!!
Hi Koryano

Please join the following forum, we all are pre-june applicants and our visa office is Buffalo

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/buffalo-vo-fsw-pre-june-and-non-transferred-applicants-share-timeline-plz-t95004.0.html

Thanks

koryano said:
Hello All!

This is very informative page, & i think somewhat my case belongs here, and hopefully my time will come aswell. Should I do specific case inquery now this time? Cuz April 2010 when my file reach NS and June to Buffalo, August completed needed dox....

Thanks in advance for the advice!

Star Member
Apr 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 19, 2010
Doc's Request.
July 2010
AOR Received.
first - July 2010, second - November 2010
File Transfer...
July 20, 2010
Med's Request
never
Med's Done....
in advance (July 2011)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
May 10, 2012
Hi Forum:
A line has been added to my ecas status- should I expect a goodnews soon? Any experience on timeline after this? Ecas details as follows:

We received your application for permanent residence on April 19, 2010.

We reviewed your application and sent you a letter on July 14, 2010. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

Your application and supporting documents were received by the Buffalo office. They are pending review.

We transferred your application to the Buffalo office on July 20, 2010. The Buffalo office may contact you.

Your application was reviewed and we started processing on March 13, 2012.

Simp

Nov 6, 2010
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Guys,

Finally i got the passport request from Buffalo.It was quick this time after medical and police certificate from canada (4 wks i guess ).

They have given me the option to submit passports in person and wud be stamped same day.I have few questions ???

i would be travelling by car from toronto to Buffalo_Once i get the pr visa stamped from Consullate,could i do the landing same day ? anyone has idea about the landing procedure from Buffalo .

The other thing is if i can apply for PR card at the time of landing or i have to do it later.

I would appreciate your reply as i have to go on Thursday.

Thanks a lot

S

MCBoy

Jun 29, 2009
Toronto, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congrats Simp. Carry photo, canada address if you want to apply for PR card (@ some places i have read that they take photo, anyways just to be on the safer side).

I have experience in getting visa stamped and crossing border (not yet for PR), it is fairly simple, when you are east bound towards buffalo, you will have to make a stop for your I94, and then its a breeze. Be early and cross the border @ or before 8AM. Buffalo office gets pretty jammed with crowd later in the day. They will give the stamping same day.

Have your documents (funds, wp, list of goods etc), so that you can land :D

Simp

Nov 6, 2010
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks MCBoy.

They have asked me 2 passport size photographs for each family member and nothing else.
Nt sure if these are for PR Card application ? Or if i need some other specifications.
If you mind telling me how far is the canadian counsellate general from Rainbow bridge?so i could estimate the time from toronto to there well in time. if they have enough parking there ?

Thanks

S

MCBoy said:
Congrats Simp. Carry photo, canada address if you want to apply for PR card ( @ some places i have read that they take photo, anyways just to be on the safer side).

I have experience in getting visa stamped and crossing border (not yet for PR), it is fairly simple, when you are east bound towards buffalo, you will have to make a stop for your I94, and then its a breeze. Be early and cross the border @ or before 8AM. Buffalo office gets pretty jammed with crowd later in the day. They will give the stamping same day.

Have your documents (funds, wp, list of goods etc), so that you can land :D

Nylam168

Star Member
Jan 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/LA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-12-2009
VISA ISSUED...
24-04-2012
LANDED..........
30-04-2012
Hello everyone,

I'm happy to share I got PPR, yehey :D :D. Thank you God, You are so gracious.

I have one question though, please share your experience.

Can the main applicant land ahead of the other members of the family? I am the main applicant and I plan to get all our visas personally at LAVO, and then fly directly to Vancouver. Does the CIC allow this? Would appreciate your response.

Thanks... and my wish of good luck to those who are waiting for MR and PPR.

M

messa

Congrats ... it means that you are getting your medicals soon.

13042010 said:
Hi Forum:
A line has been added to my ecas status- should I expect a goodnews soon? Any experience on timeline after this? Ecas details as follows:

We received your application for permanent residence on April 19, 2010.

We reviewed your application and sent you a letter on July 14, 2010. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

Your application and supporting documents were received by the Buffalo office. They are pending review.

We transferred your application to the Buffalo office on July 20, 2010. The Buffalo office may contact you.

Your application was reviewed and we started processing on March 13, 2012.

windance

Jan 18, 2012
Guys, I have a question about the IELTS submission. I was requested by buffalo to take a IELTS exam. Now I got the result. Do I need to mail them the original form or just a copy? Or I just need to give them the form #, they can verify it by themself? Thanks for your answer.

glowingheart

May 27, 2010
AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Apr 26 2010
Doc's Request.
July 27 2010
AOR Received.
Dec 19 2010
IELTS Request
done before application
File Transfer...
Aug 4 2010
Med's Request
March 12 2012
Med's Done....
March 30 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Jan 10 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 17 2013
LANDED..........
Jan 25 2013
windance said:
Guys, I have a question about the IELTS submission. I was requested by buffalo to take a IELTS exam. Now I got the result. Do I need to mail them the original form or just a copy? Or I just need to give them the form #, they can verify it by themself? Thanks for your answer.
send them the original and keep a copy

Mirpur

Dec 27, 2011
Hi Guys,

I received the Passport on Friday last week. It took Detroit VO less than a week....They are fast....

I sent the passport on March 14, VO received on March 15, VO stamped the visa on March 20, VO mailed the passport back on March 21 and I received that on March 23. Total time, including mailing, is only 7 business days. ECAS is still saying "In Progress".

Finally everything is done. It took us 2 years 1 month and 10 days from start to end. We are planning to land in Dec at Christmas time. Hopefully it will be no hassles in Manitoba border. Please share experience if anyone has landed from North Dakota to Manitoba through Manitoba/North Dakota border.

Thank you all for all the advise/suggestions/experience share. Please feel free to ask me anything that I can help with, I will try my best.

Good Luck everyone.

glowingheart

May 27, 2010
AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Apr 26 2010
Doc's Request.
July 27 2010
AOR Received.
Dec 19 2010
IELTS Request
done before application
File Transfer...
Aug 4 2010
Med's Request
March 12 2012
Med's Done....
March 30 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Jan 10 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 17 2013
LANDED..........
Jan 25 2013
Mirpur said:
Hi Guys,

I received the Passport on Friday last week. It took Detroit VO less than a week....They are fast....

I sent the passport on March 14, VO received on March 15, VO stamped the visa on March 20, VO mailed the passport back on March 21 and I received that on March 23. Total time, including mailing, is only 7 business days. ECAS is still saying "In Progress".

Finally everything is done. It took us 2 years 1 month and 10 days from start to end. We are planning to land in Dec at Christmas time. Hopefully it will be no hassles in Manitoba border. Please share experience if anyone has landed from North Dakota to Manitoba through Manitoba/North Dakota border.

Thank you all for all the advise/suggestions/experience share. Please feel free to ask me anything that I can help with, I will try my best.

Good Luck everyone.
Great news congratulations

Can you please let me know

1 how did you received the passport request (email or regular mail)

2 hoW long after medical did they requested the passports

Thanks

Mirpur

Dec 27, 2011
glowingheart said:
Great news congratulations

Can you please let me know

1 how did you received the passport request (email or regular mail)

2 hoW long after medical did they requested the passports

Thanks
Thanks....Of course I can answer your inquiries.

1. For PPR, they sent the request to my lawyer. I had used the service of Cohen Law Firm. VO sent the PPR to Cohen's office. VO sent email and one snail mail as well. Cohen's office scanned the official PPR and sent that to me and asked me to send the PP directly to Detroit VO.

2. I did medical on Jan 28 and I received PPR on Feb 24. Little over 3 weeks.

Following is my time line for your reference.

Applied CIO, NS on Fab 10, 2010.
CIO, NS sent the file to Buffalo on April 14, 2010 and asked me to submit papers by 120 days of April 15.
I submitted all the documents on July 31, 2010.
I received 2nd AOR in November 2010.
They transferred my file to Detroit on Nov 8, 2011.
Detroit VO started processing on Dec 21, 2011.
I received MR on Jan 20, 2011. I did the MR on Jan 28, 2011.
I received PPR on Feb 24, 2011. I sent PP on March 15. Received PP back from Detroit on Mar 23, 2011.

Good Luck with everything. Let me know if you have other questions.