File Transfer...
10Oct12 to seattle
Med's Request
30Mar12
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
02AUG12
Congratulations, happy to heat good news. ;)

druid2010

Star Member
Jun 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
danhass said:
Good news ...

I got mail from Buffalo consulate today (dated Jan 17) containing two sheets:

- a letter that says 'initial assessment complete, expect to finalize app without interview' ... markings on the letter:
- "Medical Instructions" is encircled with a handwriting that says "to follow"
- "Right of Permanent Residence Fee" is encircled
- a check against 'documents to be submitted in 90 days as mentioned in enclosed Documents List'

- a sheet titled 'Documents List' with following checked items:
- Current statement of funds
- FBI "no record" certificate

I guess I have to wait for Medical forms but complete the remaining items ASAP ... about the funds it says the following:

"Current statement of funds already in Canada or available to be transferred to Canada, i.e., letter(s) from your financial institution (bank) confirming the type(s) and current balance(s) of the account(s) you hold. Include bank statements and transaction history for the last three months"

My question: Are last 3 month bank statements enough or do I need to get an extra letter of confirmation from the bank? my bank officials always act annoyed when i ask them for a letter cz they're like "we send you the bank statements every month why do you need any other letter?" ... Any experience with sending just the bank statements?

other than that ... good luck to everyone
awesome.. i guess we can all expect letters in the next couple of weeks for the guys with aor in april....

canada_dream100

Jul 30, 2010
danhass said:
Good news ...

- a letter that says 'initial assessment complete, expect to finalize app without interview' ... markings on the letter:
- a check against 'documents to be submitted in 90 days as mentioned in enclosed Documents List'

I guess I have to wait for Medical forms but complete the remaining items ASAP ... about the funds it says the following:

"Current statement of funds already in Canada or available to be transferred to Canada, i.e., letter(s) from your financial institution (bank) confirming the type(s) and current balance(s) of the account(s) you hold. Include bank statements and transaction history for the last three months"

My question: Are last 3 month bank statements enough or do I need to get an extra letter of confirmation from the bank? my bank officials always act annoyed when i ask them for a letter cz they're like "we send you the bank statements every month why do you need any other letter?" ... Any experience with sending just the bank statements?

Hi,

First of all CONGRATssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss.....................

For proof of funds, one needs to send 6 months statements.
Letter from Bank is not mandatory, if statements you have Bank name & address clearly.

Good Luck.

canada_dream100

Jul 30, 2010
danhass said:
Good news ...

guys, seems we would see some action for this group now.

loveson

May 21, 2010
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
01-11- 2009
AOR Received.
05-05-2010
File Transfer...
10Oct12 to seattle
Med's Request
30Mar12
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
02AUG12
canada_dream100 said:
guys, seems we would see some action for this group now.
YUP YUP...... Our good news is coming soon, Canada_dream100, when is your second AOR? :D

what_a_nice_Tuesday

Oct 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
-
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-01-2010
Doc's Request.
17-03-2010
AOR Received.
27-04-2010
danhass said:
Good news ...

Congratulationsssssss. Danhass

Your post made the thread bright again.

Simp

Nov 6, 2010
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congrats.Good to hear that.
If they updated e-cas status as well.

S

danhass said:
Good news ...

danhass

Sep 21, 2010
US
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
VISA ISSUED...
@canada_dream100 ... thanks for the info ...

@what_a_nice_tuesday ... thanks sir/madam ... glad I could help

@Simp ... e-cas status is the same: "In process" with last sentence: "Your application was reviewed and we started processing on August 5, 2010." in the details

I hope y'all start receiving medical requests soon

torontonian2010

Mar 19, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-10-2009
Doc's Request.
15-01-2010
AOR Received.
29-04-2010
File Transfer...
03-08-2010
Med's Request
08-09-2010
Med's Done....
09-09-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
20-05-2011
VISA ISSUED...
26-05-2011
LANDED..........
26-05-2011
Tuesday's up guys,,any updates..

canada_dream100

Jul 30, 2010
torontonian2010 said:
Tuesday's up guys,,any updates..
Well the fact is any good news would come by mail as all of us are waiting for medical request.
If Tuesday is an action day then mail should reach us on Friday/Saturday.

loveson

May 21, 2010
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
01-11- 2009
AOR Received.
05-05-2010
File Transfer...
10Oct12 to seattle
Med's Request
30Mar12
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
02AUG12
canada_dream100 said:
Well the fact is any good news would come by mail as all of us are waiting for medical request.
If Tuesday is an action day then mail should reach us on Friday/Saturday.
Hope that will really be. :D :D :D

canada_dream100

Jul 30, 2010
guys... has anyone requested for CAIPS in recent past?

Why I am asking - interested to know BFD for your case.
Your BFD may indicate expected action date for this group.

just curious... ;D

danhass

Sep 21, 2010
US
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
VISA ISSUED...
yeah i got my mail on friday morning (which means it was delivered sometime during thursday)

one thing i'm worried is that i still haven't received medical forms and instructions (the letter said "to follow") ... i hope they haven't forgotten to send them

secondly, the medicals are going to be in chicago 100 miles away from my place ... so i'd want to make it a day trip ... any idea how long the medical testing procedures take? a couple hours?

also would i have to go back to chicago another day to collect the results?

canada_dream100

Jul 30, 2010
danhass said:
yeah i got my mail on friday morning (which means it was delivered sometime during thursday)

one thing i'm worried is that i still haven't received medical forms and instructions (the letter said "to follow") ... i hope they haven't forgotten to send them

secondly, the medicals are going to be in chicago 100 miles away from my place ... so i'd want to make it a day trip ... any idea how long the medical testing procedures take? a couple hours?

also would i have to go back to chicago another day to collect the results?
I have not done my medical yet... but may be able to answer your questions....
- It should not take more than 60 minutes, I guess. they take blood/ urine for testing and physical test. But you may also wait for your turn.
-You do not need to collect medical test report, it will be sent to VO directly by medical office.

deardhir

Star Member
Aug 25, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-SEP-2009
Doc's Request.
19-NOV-2009
AOR Received.
14-APR-2010, In Process 08-SEP-2010
Med's Request
14-SEP-2010
Med's Done....
04-OCT-2010
Passport Req..
18-NOV-2010
VISA ISSUED...
23-NOV-2010
LANDED..........
03-JUN-2011
canada_dream100 said:
I have not done my medical yet... but may be able to answer your questions....
- It should not take more than 60 minutes, I guess. they take blood/ urine for testing and physical test. But you may also wait for your turn.
-You do not need to collect medical test report, it will be sent to VO directly by medical office.
The information canada_dream100 provided is correct. The only thing I would like to add is that the actual time that the medical tests will take for you also depends on the doctor. For me, the nurse did the basic checks, like blood pressure, weight, height, urine test, etc. and then I had to wait for 30-45 minutes for the doctor to come. Still overall I think it was about 2-3 hours.