Star Member
Sep 24, 2014
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
NDVO
App. Filed.......
29 June 2017
Hello, I want to apply for tourist visa of my brother and mother. My brother is married and is self-employed. He and my mother has a joint fixed deposits of around 12,000 CAD. Would that be sufficient for POF? And what other documents can be provided to show the home ties?

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Hello, I want to apply for tourist visa of my brother and mother. My brother is married and is self-employed. He and my mother has a joint fixed deposits of around 12,000 CAD. Would that be sufficient for POF? And what other documents can be provided to show the home ties?
Please open a new thread.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hello Bryana, me again, is there any website we can check the processing time of LMIA?
I'm not aware of one. Typically, processing times can vary from a couple of weeks to a few months (actual LMIA process), although some high-demand skilled trades could be processed in even 10 business days.

In any case, your friend must apply for a work permit from his home country. He cannot apply from inside Canada

Samira4me

Mar 13, 2019
Yes he will apply from home country, is the welder high demand skills trade? Do you think will be fast to approve LMIA , low wage

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Yes he will apply from home country, is the welder high demand skills trade? Do you think will be fast to approve LMIA , low wage
Regardless of whether or not his employer gets a positive LMIA, it is for IRCC to decide whether or not to grant your friend a work permit

Samira4me

Mar 13, 2019
what about the provincial nominations program, is that another option to apply? If he has job offer, certification of welder , what do you think?

zehralalani

Feb 13, 2019
@Bryanna need help

Want to apply for my sister's in-laws TRV. Following are the details
US visa rejected once
Canada visa rejected thrice - last reason for rejection
- purpose of visit
- travel history
- false information (forgot to mention about the US visa rejection)
- ties with home country
Sisters in laws work in cash so no evidence of bank balance
They have booked the property of cad40000 in Pakistan.
Currently they are on rent
Attached documents
Invitation letter
LOE
Affidavit - from uncle assuring he will be going back
Affidavit - from uncle's daughter (who resides in Pak and wont accompany them) supporting them financially and assuring they will return back
Another daughter lives with them, unemployed and dependent on them (wont accompany them to Canada)
2 Son lives in Canada. Younger one is inviting. (Last 3 rejections had an invitation from the elder son, younger one is inviting for the first time)
Attaching all the supporting documents like bank accounts, tax and everything from the younger son.

Just want to know, what are the chances of approval as there is no such financial support apart from the property. Dont want to take the risk this time, very confuse. Please help.

Thank you

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
@Bryanna need help

Want to apply for my sister's in-laws TRV. Following are the details
US visa rejected once
Canada visa rejected thrice - last reason for rejection
- purpose of visit
- travel history
- false information (forgot to mention about the US visa rejection)
- ties with home country
Sisters in laws work in cash so no evidence of bank balance
They have booked the property of cad40000 in Pakistan.
Currently they are on rent
Attached documents
Invitation letter
LOE
Affidavit - from uncle assuring he will be going back
Affidavit - from uncle's daughter (who resides in Pak and wont accompany them) supporting them financially and assuring they will return back
Another daughter lives with them, unemployed and dependent on them (wont accompany them to Canada)
2 Son lives in Canada. Younger one is inviting. (Last 3 rejections had an invitation from the elder son, younger one is inviting for the first time)
Attaching all the supporting documents like bank accounts, tax and everything from the younger son.

Just want to know, what are the chances of approval as there is no such financial support apart from the property. Dont want to take the risk this time, very confuse. Please help.

Thank you
Please start a new thread. There's too much going on in this thread for your posts to not be noticed

Samira4me

Mar 13, 2019
Hi Bryana, for express entry there is a program for federal Skilled Worker, the education is required but not sure if they request completed secondary school or post secondary school, could you please advise? Thank you

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi Bryana, for express entry there is a program for federal Skilled Worker, the education is required but not sure if they request completed secondary school or post secondary school, could you please advise? Thank you
Use the CRS calculator. And, no, secondary school education does not matter/won't give any points for education