+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

@Bryanna & @21Goose &Other Senior Member Need your advise

HATIKA

Mar 29, 2019
Hi Bryanna & 21Goose

I am living in Canada for 2 years ( from student to present PGWP)

I applied for TRV from Karachi, Pakistan on 29th March 2019 and still waiting for response. Actually I had PGWP which I realized when leaving for Canada from Karachi Airport and was returned back and immigration asked me to apply for Temporary entry in Canada so I did apply online.

( I know I made Blunder, past is past I would like to discuss only present which can be controlled)

I have my PGWP valid till November this year and I am working as professional engineer in a Canadian Company since last year. I am also British Columbia Provincial Nominated Candidate and also attached certificate in my application. I also attached my employers invitation letter which they sent me next day on my request & confirming me its Permanent Full Time Employee and requesting immigration authorities in their letter to contact them for any further clarification.

Actually my employer wants me join them asap as have been working for them since last year and now I am on extended leave.

Other documents include
My Bank Statements
Salary Statements
T4 Form
IRCC Medical Form ( done in December 2018 for EE)
Explanation Letter
other request forms

Do you think there may be some ground for Visa Officer to refuse my case?
Have you ever come across situation like me ?

Thanks in Advance
Regards
Hatika

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi Bryanna & 21Goose

I applied for TRV from Karachi, Pakistan on 29th March 2019 and still waiting for response. Actually I had PGWP which I realized when leaving for Canada from Karachi Airport and was returned back and immigration asked me to apply for Temporary entry in Canada so I did apply online.

( I know I made Blunder, past is past I would like to discuss only present which can be controlled)

I have my PGWP valid till November this year and I am working as professional engineer in a Canadian Company since last year. I am also British Columbia Provincial Nominated Candidate and also attached certificate in my application. I also attached my employers invitation letter which they sent me next day on my request & confirming me its Permanent Full Time Employee and requesting immigration authorities in their letter to contact them for any further clarification.

Actually my employer wants me join them asap as have been working for them since last year and now I am on extended leave.

Other documents include
My Bank Statements
Salary Statements
T4 Form
Explanation Letter
other request forms

Thanks in Advance
Regards
Hatika
Sounds good

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Hi Bryanna & 21Goose

Other documents include
My Bank Statements
Salary Statements
T4 Form
Explanation Letter
other request forms

Thanks in Advance
Regards
Hatika
Seems fine. Good luck and I hope you get it.

Samira4me

Mar 13, 2019
Hello Bryanna, hope you can help me answer my questions, my friend is here in Canada holding a visitor Visa, it was extended twice, if he apply for work permit, do you think they can refuse since he stayed here for almost 2 years, they may say based on the travel history we are not satisfied that you will leave Canada.
Thank you

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hello Bryanna, hope you can help me answer my questions, my friend is here in Canada holding a visitor Visa, it was extended twice, if he apply for work permit, do you think they can refuse since he stayed here for almost 2 years, they may say based on the travel history we are not satisfied that you will leave Canada.
Thank you
What is the basis for his Work Permit?

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Thank you
He hasn't left Canada for two years. He's applying for another reason to stay. It will be hard to prove willingness to leave Canada, never mind find a way to get a work permit.

Samira4me

Mar 13, 2019
He will apply for Welder, he has a certificate of welding and experience on 2008 , 2009 , he has wife in backhome

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
is that mean he can go backhome and stay there for a while then apply for work permit?
He cannot apply for a work permit from inside Canada because he is not eligible for it. He needs to return to his home country.

Considering that he has already stayed for two years, his chances of getting a work permit even from his home country will be difficult

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Is there any solution?
There's no solution other than applying from his home country after several months i.e after he re-establishes ties to his home country. His wife is no longer a family tie considering how long they have been living separately