+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bringing household goods back into Canada from the States

Discussion in 'Settlement Issues' started by Louiebell, Jun 14, 2019.

  1. We have recently sold our seasonal home in the US. We will be driving a uhaul over the border with some of our personal household goods. What do we need to do in preparation for this? When we brought some of them down from Canada we had an itemized list ready but they just asked us what we had and waved us through. We want to follow the rules and be sure we have no problems at the border. I am getting mixed answers.
  2. Contact CBSA direct and ask them. Unless you have been away from Canada for more than a year, you are not covered by the returning resident tarrif. See https://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/publications/dm-md/d2-eng.html D2-3-2. You are probably only eligible for D2-3-1.

Share This Page