+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bringing dog to Canada on Study Visa

loveleen_62

Nov 3, 2018
I want to take my 5 years old female dog to Saskatoon, Canada.
I want to know is it allowed to student to take pet along.?

selvakk

Champion Member
Nov 28, 2018
@Bs65 has provided some good information. I would like to add some of my thoughts as well.

While there is no rule against taking your pets with you, you might want to consider the fact that your dog will have to travel what is 24+ hours in the air to reach Canada (I believe you are from India, based on past interaction). Air travel is stressful on the pets and unless your pet is required to be with you, because you have a disability, it is most likely travelling in the cargo hold.

Second, is the expense of having a pet, you will have to take care of food, and most importantly any medical needs and vaccines, which can cost a lot in Canada. At a time where you can only work part time, you will have to stretch your limited income for both you and your pet.

Having not owned any pets other than some fishes, I wouldn't know what emotional attachment you have with a pet. I would however request you to think about the practical aspects of it, taking care of pets is not a cheap thing, especially in developed countries such as Canada.

loveleen_62

Nov 3, 2018

loveleen_62

Nov 3, 2018
@Bs65 has provided some good information. I would like to add some of my thoughts as well.

While there is no rule against taking your pets with you, you might want to consider the fact that your dog will have to travel what is 24+ hours in the air to reach Canada (I believe you are from India, based on past interaction). Air travel is stressful on the pets and unless your pet is required to be with you, because you have a disability, it is most likely travelling in the cargo hold.

Second, is the expense of having a pet, you will have to take care of food, and most importantly any medical needs and vaccines, which can cost a lot in Canada. At a time where you can only work part time, you will have to stretch your limited income for both you and your pet.

Having not owned any pets other than some fishes, I wouldn't know what emotional attachment you have with a pet. I would however request you to think about the practical aspects of it, taking care of pets is not a cheap thing, especially in developed countries such as Canada.
I got this reply from many people that the cost for taking care of dog is the only factor that I need to be stressful.
I contacted CFIA and they said there is no restriction on taking ur pet with u.
After contacting Pet relocators its affordable to take pet along but taking care and providing food and up to date vaccines is sometimes tough for Part time workers.
Am living with my dog from 5 years and dont want to abandon her now.
Will consider everything before any decision.

Thanks for ur kind reply :)

Reactions: DipaReza

trishaaaaa

Jul 30, 2019
Hi! I'm also looking into bringing my pets with me from Philippines to Canada on a study permit. Would love to know how you went about with yours and your experience with it!