+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bring daughter as Caregiver

benploni

Nov 15, 2023
I am a naturalized Canadian citizen from Kenya. My elderly mother is also a naturalized Canadian citizen from Kenya. I want to bring my daughter, who is 25, and a Kenyan citizen, to be my mother's caregiver. Does my daughter need to go through the caregiver process? She is too old for me to sponsor her. Does anyone know what options she has to come to Canada to be my mother's caregiver? Please provide guidance

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I am a naturalized Canadian citizen from Kenya. My elderly mother is also a naturalized Canadian citizen from Kenya. I want to bring my daughter, who is 25, and a Kenyan citizen, to be my mother's caregiver. Does my daughter need to go through the caregiver process? She is too old for me to sponsor her. Does anyone know what options she has to come to Canada to be my mother's caregiver? Please provide guidance
Yes she does need to go through the Home Support Worker Program. Read the requirements, and see if your daughter and your mother are eligible. Your mother will need to show that she needs and can afford to pay for a full time caregiver and set up business registration for payroll. She will show her doctor’s/therapy notes requiring full time care, as well as NOA to show she meets LICO and then can afford a full time caregiver.

How did you become a citizen and not your daughter?

Reactions: carejoy

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thanks for your feedback. My daughter did not come with me to Canada.
So she was not included in your application for PR? All the best in her journey. Hopefully your mother has a good income to support a full time caregiver and shows her need for a caregiver now. Show proof of trying to hire current caregivers. Given it is a family member the file will be closely scrutinized and has high chance of refusal especially if she should have been included in your PR application. Prove that no one else can do the job.

PayalD91

Jul 20, 2020
Hi. I am eligible to be an employer under HCCP requirements. I have a relative who is qualified and I want to hire her. But, because its my relative who is going to be a caregiver to my child, IRCC might refuse my application.

Both me and my relative are in Canada. So, if you are eligible to be an employer I can sponsor your relative and you can sponsor mine.
Eligible and interested please reach out.

benploni

Nov 15, 2023
So she was not included in your application for PR? All the best in her journey. Hopefully your mother has a good income to support a full time caregiver and shows her need for a caregiver now. Show proof of trying to hire current caregivers. Given it is a family member the file will be closely scrutinized and has high chance of refusal especially if she should have been included in your PR application. Prove that no one else can do the job.
She was included as non-accompanying minor

• Wow
Reactions: YVR123

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
If she was included before turning 22 then why didn’t she get PR? She would have completed the medical. Did she let her COPR lapse and not land. If so, very sad.
I think the daughter was included as non-accompanying and never got sponsored before she turned 22.

it's a sad situation.