+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bridging Work Permit

hsocs_12

Nov 21, 2018
Hi,

I submitted my PR application in Dec 10, 2018. My Post grad Open work permit (PGWP) is going to expire soon in June 16, 2019. So I am planning to apply for BOWP.
There are a few question in the IMM 5710 form that I am not sure how to answer . Please correct me if I am wrong with any answers. I would greatly appreciate any kind of help .

Q3 I am applying for one or more of the following:
a. A work permit with the same employer
b. An initial work permit or a work permit with a new employer
c. Restoration of your status as a worker
d. Temporary resident permit

(I am a post grad open work permit holder working for the same employer for more than a year, therefore I am inclined to choose option a. However I am thinking that option a would be suitable for applicants that hold a closed work permit or a job offer with LMIA [which I do not have]. In that case ,should I pick option b instead? )
For a open work permit holder, does it really matter whether I pick option a or b?

Under details of intended work in Canada:

Q1 What type of work permit are you applying for:
Answer: Open Work Permit
-The guide instructions provided in the CIC website, indicate the following:
"If you chose “Open work permit” or post-graduation work permit no information is required for question: 2,3,4,6,7,8."

This means I still need to answer question 5:
Q5 Duration of expected employment
Is it acceptable to put for example a year from today's date? What do you advise?

Other questions:
According to the instructions on the CIC website, I need to submit my AOR letter as part of the application documents, using the “Letter of Explanation” field (when applying online).
- Do I actually need to include a letter of explanation indicating that I am applying for a BOWP or do I just upload the AOR?

Thanks a lot
-HC

Reactions: AKamz

Charan1990

Star Member
Sep 21, 2017
Even I am looking to apply for BOWP, but dont know where to start.

I was told to wait until I have cleared 1st phase of confirmation like R10 or something.

Which I am not sure of yet.

leka

Apr 12, 2018
Category........
Other

I was told to wait until I have cleared 1st phase of confirmation like R10 or something.

Which I am not sure of yet.
you can only know that by getting gcms notes...R10 usually takes 1-3 months from AOR

leka

Apr 12, 2018
Category........
Other
Hi,

I submitted my PR application in Dec 10, 2018. My Post grad Open work permit (PGWP) is going to expire soon in June 16, 2019. So I am planning to apply for BOWP.
There are a few question in the IMM 5710 form that I am not sure how to answer . Please correct me if I am wrong with any answers. I would greatly appreciate any kind of help .

(I am a post grad open work permit holder working for the same employer for more than a year, therefore I am inclined to choose option a. However I am thinking that option a would be suitable for applicants that hold a closed work permit or a job offer with LMIA [which I do not have]. In that case ,should I pick option b instead? )
For a open work permit holder, does it really matter whether I pick option a or b?

"If you chose “Open work permit” or post-graduation work permit no information is required for question: 2,3,4,6,7,8."

Is it acceptable to put for example a year from today's date? What do you advise?

Other questions:
According to the instructions on the CIC website, I need to submit my AOR letter as part of the application documents, using the “Letter of Explanation” field (when applying online).
- Do I actually need to include a letter of explanation indicating that I am applying for a BOWP or do I just upload the AOR?

Thanks a lot
-HC
your PGWP is open right? you can work for any employer..I remember I chose option b even though I was still working for the same employer

Q1 just open work permit, no need to file info for the employer section

you need to submit AOR in a client info or additional document section (where you have an option to do it, I dont remember exactly..)

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
There is plenty of information about the BOWP on the IRCC website.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/work-canada/extend-permit/bridging-open-work-permit.html

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/foreign-workers/provincial-nominees-permanent-resident-applicants/bridging-open-work-permits.html

The only benefit of waiting for this is if your PR application is rejected as incomplete, you will not loose your BOWP processing fees.("The open work permit holder fee can be refunded, but the processing fees cannot.")

I am not certain, however, how you would find out if/when you have passed the R10 completeness check and your application is put into processing - not sure if your online account receives an update when this happens.

AKamz

Jan 12, 2018
Hi Hscos
Hi,

Other questions:

Thanks a lot
-HC

Hi there,

Did you ever get answers to these questions? I am at the same stage and dont know the answers. Coukd you please share what you finally did and was that accepted? Mainly Q3 and Q5. Thank you in advance

valycarrolito

Aug 29, 2019
Hi,

Other questions:
According to the instructions on the CIC website, I need to submit my AOR letter as part of the application documents, using the “Letter of Explanation” field (when applying online) audacity temp mail origin.

Thanks a lot
-HC

OldBoy31

Star Member
Sep 6, 2016
Hi Hscos

Hi there,

Did you ever get answers to these questions? I am at the same stage and dont know the answers. Coukd you please share what you finally did and was that accepted? Mainly Q3 and Q5. Thank you in advance

a. A work permit with the same employer -- you should check this if you are applying for Bridging OPEN WP.
b. An initial work permit or a work permit with a new employer -- you should check this if you are applying for the first time (PGWP) OR for CLOSED WP. Note: Closed WP are employer specific. If you're changing job you have to apply for new closed WP.
c. Restoration of your status as a worker - Check this if your worker status is expired. You have only 90 days after expiry to apply to restore your worker status. - Note: you cannot work until your status is restored.
d. Temporary resident permit -- Check this if your applying for a TRV. (Visitor visa)