+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bridging work permit second year

hadasp

Nov 28, 2015
Hello,

I am a PNP applicant (august 2016). I applied for the bridging open work permit in 2017 and is going to expired in 3 weeks.

If I don't get the PR in this 3 weeks can I applied for a new bridging open work permit? and this application is the same that I did the first time or something is different?

I am not pretty sure if I have to applied for a new bridging open work permit of just and extension

Thanks.

Georgesand

Oct 22, 2013
Hello,

I am a PNP applicant (august 2016). I applied for the bridging open work permit in 2017 and is going to expired in 3 weeks.

If I don't get the PR in this 3 weeks can I applied for a new bridging open work permit? and this application is the same that I did the first time or something is different?

I am not pretty sure if I have to applied for a new bridging open work permit of just and extension

Thanks.
Apply for another one NOW. The same step as the previous one. If you don't submit the application now you will lose your status!

hadasp

Nov 28, 2015
Apply for another one NOW. The same step as the previous one. If you don't submit the application now you will lose your status!

Really? I want to wait this week in case I get the passport request. If I applied and my work permit expired when the application is still in progress I will be in implied status right?

Can I know why do you think I will lose my status?

Pam_Lala

Jan 20, 2019
Hi!! I'm in the same situation..What did you do? I'm thinking applying to a regular extension or maybe to another BOWP... but i'm not really sure :(

goodnow

Apr 4, 2019
Found the answer here:
canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/foreign-workers/provincial-nominees-permanent-resident-applicants/bridging-open-work-permits.html

Medwizkid

Jul 27, 2018
Hello
I have a few questions about renewal of my BOWP. I have a medical issue that is under review for my PR application which I put through Oct 5th 2018 (I know this can take over a year). My BOWP is expiring in Nov their year (22nd Nov).
Now I wanted to know if I have to wait for the this permit to be left with four months before I reapply. Next issue is it 100 days processing. Next my Medicals will expire Oct 4th. If I apply 4 month before the BOWP expires by the time they get to my application my families medicals will have expired. Do they consider that they were valid when you applied or when they review.
Need to know best course of action

naneja

Nov 5, 2018
i am same Pnp applicant !! and i sent my file to cic,my wp about to expire in oct 2019 ! can i apply for bridging open work permit if yes how can i apply like what doc's required for that and this work permit i can apply online or paper application !! pls reply