+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bridging Work Permit Extension

ppatil

Apr 30, 2014
I have applied for my AINP about a week ago but after some some rumours I had a question arised. If I get nominated by Alberta government and would need a Bridging Open Work Permit (BWOP) then would I be eligible for it?

A quick reply should be appreciated.

Thank you.

khossain

Star Member
Aug 10, 2012
after alberta government nominate you, you need to send application to the CIC for federal immigration. After you receive a file number from CIC, you can apply for bridge open work permit but you need to be in a valid work permit and its has to be due in expire about four months. Hope that helps!!

charmevenus

Star Member
Dec 28, 2009
In Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
Submiited with application
Please click this link: it will help you out:+1 to iam_toby & canadacec2012
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/tips-for-a-successful-bowp-application-t147650.150.html

Rocky_bombastic

Star Member
Jan 15, 2014
Regina-SK
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17th May '13
Doc's Request.
25th Nov '13
Nomination.....
11th Oct '13
AOR Received.
29th Dec '13 ( ECAS update to Application recieved on 12th Nov '13)
File Transfer...
RPRF request 15-May-2014
Med's Request
30th Dec '13
Med's Done....
07th Jan '14
Interview........
IN PROCESS ---> 2nd June '14. --- Decision made---> 23rd June '14
Passport Req..
July 3rd 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 15th 2014
LANDED..........
18th July 2014---> PR card received Sep 8th 2014
ppatil said:
I have applied for my AINP about a week ago but after some some rumours I had a question arised. If I get nominated by Alberta government and would need a Bridging Open Work Permit (BWOP) then would I be eligible for it?

A quick reply should be appreciated.

Thank you.
Yes you will be eligible only if you have already applied for PR and received the " Application received" email.. Also the work permit must be due to expire in 4 months.. or else they will reject you..

i.shuja

May 15, 2014
Hello All,

I would really appreciate if someone could help me with my situation.

I have applied for AINP this monday 12-May, According to the website it takes 6 months for AINP to process under engineering category.

The problem is that my Open Work permit expires in 4 months.

Would i get my AOR within this period? What is the actual time people are reciving their AOR nowadays?

Can i apply on the basis of my file no for BOWP? I have all the correct documents in hand.

Can I apply for an bridging open work permit when I am about to complete four month by mail to buy 2 more months via mail?

Also, am I allowed to work on an implies status?

Please advise. Very stressed.

ivan124

Star Member
Apr 20, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2013
AOR Received.
07-15-2013
Med's Request
07-16-2013
Med's Done....
07-21-2013
Passport Req..
03-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
03-18-2014
LANDED..........
Already in Canada
i.shuja said:
Hello All,

I would really appreciate if someone could help me with my situation.

I have applied for AINP this monday 12-May, According to the website it takes 6 months for AINP to process under engineering category.

The problem is that my Open Work permit expires in 4 months.

Would i get my AOR within this period? What is the actual time people are reciving their AOR nowadays?

Can i apply on the basis of my file no for BOWP? I have all the correct documents in hand.

Can I apply for an bridging open work permit when I am about to complete four month by mail to buy 2 more months via mail?

Also, am I allowed to work on an implies status?

Please advise. Very stressed.
Hello, the avg processing time is 4-6 months. You are eligible for BOWP after you get the AOR and you will get that once you file your PR. (You cannot use the AOR you get after filing your ainp it has to be the aor you get after you file your PR). Applying online is always the good idea because there is always a risk of documents getting misplaced or lost in mail. As long as your Sin # is valid you can work on implied status.

Hope this helps !!! good luck.

i.shuja

May 15, 2014
This is the new rule:

Qualifying foreign nationals currently in Canada who have submitted an application for permanent residence under the Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP), Canadian Experience Class (CEC), Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) or the Federal Skilled Trades Program (FSTP) may be considered for an open work permit if their current work permit will soon expire.

To be eligible for a bridging open work permit, the applicants must:

Currently be in Canada;
Have valid status on a work permit that is due to expire within 4 months;
Have received confirmation from CIC that their permanent resident application is eligible under one of the four Economic Classes (FSWP, CEC, PNP and FSTP), and;
Have made an application for an open work permit.

cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/notices/2012-12-17.asp***

Rocky_bombastic

Star Member
Jan 15, 2014
Regina-SK
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17th May '13
Doc's Request.
25th Nov '13
Nomination.....
11th Oct '13
AOR Received.
29th Dec '13 ( ECAS update to Application recieved on 12th Nov '13)
File Transfer...
RPRF request 15-May-2014
Med's Request
30th Dec '13
Med's Done....
07th Jan '14
Interview........
IN PROCESS ---> 2nd June '14. --- Decision made---> 23rd June '14
Passport Req..
July 3rd 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 15th 2014
LANDED..........
18th July 2014---> PR card received Sep 8th 2014
i.shuja said:
This is the new rule:

Qualifying foreign nationals currently in Canada who have submitted an application for permanent residence under the Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP), Canadian Experience Class (CEC), Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) or the Federal Skilled Trades Program (FSTP) may be considered for an open work permit if their current work permit will soon expire.

To be eligible for a bridging open work permit, the applicants must:

Currently be in Canada;
Have valid status on a work permit that is due to expire within 4 months;
Have received confirmation from CIC that their permanent resident application is eligible under one of the four Economic Classes (FSWP, CEC, PNP and FSTP), and;
Have made an application for an open work permit.

cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/notices/2012-12-17.asp***

I agree with Ivan

Look at the
Have received confirmation from CIC that their permanent resident application is eligible under one of the four Economic Classes (FSWP, CEC, PNP and FSTP)

This is only when you have applied for Permanent residence under provincial nominee program and have received AOR, which will be an email that you application has required documents and we will process it and it comes with the Application number ... this Application number is what you need to apply for the bridging Work Permit. IF your AINP is approved you still need to apply PR and then wait for AOR which is approx a month after applying PR (Date may vary) and then when you apply you get the Open Work Permit. ..
The best thing for you is to wait for AINP and then if your permit is expiring soon you can apply for extension ( this will be a closed) and if you have time you can apply PR and wait for AOR before to apply for the Bridging work permit.