+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bridging open work permit

ReenaMistry

Aug 1, 2019
Hi all,
I applied for bridging open work permit last week after applying for my PR. However, I did not upload letter of explanation (LOE). I did upload acknowledgment of PR and all other documents but forgot to upload LOE. Is that a problem? Should I be scared ?

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
Hi all,
I applied for bridging open work permit last week after applying for my PR. However, I did not upload letter of explanation (LOE). I did upload acknowledgment of PR and all other documents but forgot to upload LOE. Is that a problem? Should I be scared ?
NO

Presh2019

Star Member
Apr 1, 2019
Hi all,
Nothing to worry about, they know what you applying for.

Slycollins

Star Member
Oct 28, 2019
Hi all,
You are on the right track, LOE is not always needed, only if you need to explain somethings that looks suspicious.

ReenaMistry

Aug 1, 2019
You are on the right track, LOE is not always needed, only if you need to explain somethings that looks suspicious.
But there was no option for bridging open work permit in the form. I had to choose “open work permit with a new employer” option. Isn’t that a problem? Do you think I should raise a web form?

ReenaMistry

Aug 1, 2019
Nothing to worry about, they know what you applying for.
But there was no option for bridging open work permit in the form. I had to choose “open work permit with a new employer” option. Isn’t that a problem? Do you think I should raise a web form?

Slycollins

Star Member
Oct 28, 2019
They know what you applying for, did you also attach the acknowledgement of submission of you express entry? If you think this is going to be a problem, wait for IRCC to request additional information from you. I think if okay,

ReenaMistry

Aug 1, 2019
They know what you applying for, did you also attach the acknowledgement of submission of you express entry? If you think this is going to be a problem, wait for IRCC to request additional information from you. I think if okay,
I attached the acknowledgment of receipt of PR. But they will ask for the additional documents and not reject the application without it right? I’m paranoid

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
I attached the acknowledgment of receipt of PR. But they will ask for the additional documents and not reject the application without it right? I’m paranoid
Stop being.

A lot of the cases are not even processed and you might end up receiving a refund.

They will not deny your application, they will know why you are applying and what you are applying for.

cindy09

Star Member
Sep 5, 2020
Hi. Need help. Im working now on my employer who supported my PR application. I applied OWP, got approved this Feb, my agency told me that i cannot leave my current employer until I receive my confirmation for PR. Im confused since I am OWP it means I can work anywhere right?

losolad

Jun 14, 2016
Hi. Need help. Im working now on my employer who supported my PR application. I applied OWP, got approved this Feb, my agency told me that i cannot leave my current employer until I receive my confirmation for PR. Im confused since I am OWP it means I can work anywhere right?
Congratulations on your OWP, you are eligible to change employer regardless of your Pr application. Your agency should know this better, changing your employer has no impact on your Pr application. I will suggest you call the cic agent for better clarity.

cindy09

Star Member
Sep 5, 2020
Hi thank you. Yeah, maybe my agency dont want us to let go immediately on our current employer or maybe they dont want to have any bad impressions to employers.